Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-06-2010, 01:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default a compadre in the blues

In case you were not aware of another blues trailblazer who in many ways flamed out like Peter as far as the persuit or recoiling from fame and or fortune there is the strange case of Michael Bloomfield. The link below will direct you to a four part mini documentary radio program, a place to order a book whichcontains a super CD that was made for Guitar Player Magazine and references Peter and it would appear two upcoming Video Documentaries. Sadly Michael died in 1981 at the age of 38. He was in many ways far ahead of his time. Us older folks remember what sweet notes he was capable of. He had tone but was a master of many styles. Sadly he could nver find the perfect vehicle for his music. That being said Rock, the 60s , blues would not be where it was and is without him.
http://www.mikebloomfield.com/bloomfieldradio.htm

these are must read, hear, see stuff

doodyhead, mel and vinnie
Old 11-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Ledgie

Totally agree!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
In case you were not aware of another blues trailblazer who in many ways flamed out like Peter as far ...[...]
Thanks

/z
Old 11-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
In case you were not aware of another blues trailblazer who in many ways flamed out like Peter as far as the persuit or recoiling from fame and or fortune there is the strange case of Michael Bloomfield. doodyhead, mel and vinnie
Thanks a lot! You have mentioned him often here on The Ledge, and sometimes compared him with Peter Green, and I can see (hear) why. I have never listened to Mike Bloomfield before. He was also a very very gifted musician who gave up life somehow. I am looking forward to listen to more and have time to watch the documentary.

It's great to become aware of musicians that you have not heard before, even though I had heard of the name. Last year our friend from Poland (kowk) turned my attention to Ronnie Earl - who is fortunately still alive - and who is also very special.

Ms Moose
Old 11-08-2010, 01:05 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Green, Bloomfield, Earl, Specter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Thanks a lot! You have mentioned him often here on The Ledge, and sometimes compared him with Peter Green, and I can see (hear) why. I have never listened to Mike Bloomfield before. He was also a very very gifted musician who gave up life somehow. I am looking forward to listen to more and have time to watch the documentary.

It's great to become aware of musicians that you have not heard before, even though I had heard of the name. Last year our friend from Poland (kowk) turned my attention to Ronnie Earl - who is fortunately still alive - and who is also very special.

Ms Moose
Yes, Mike was a great musician and I have a lot of his CDs with P. Butterfield, Electric Flag, N. Gravenities, Big Joe Turner, solo etc. He even made some recordings with Woody Herman !!!

Ronnie Earl my beloved American guitarist :-)

And I'd like to recommend another American guitarist - Dave Specter. I'm going to be at his gig tonight in Warsaw :-)

Ronnie Earl and Dave Specter are admirers of Greeny music. We can hear that in his playing and I have occasions to talk with them about Green while preparing my articles for TWOJ BLUES (Polish magazine).

Regards
Krzysztof
Old 11-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
In case you were not aware of another blues trailblazer who in many ways flamed out like Peter as far as the persuit or recoiling from fame and or fortune there is the strange case of Michael Bloomfield. ... Us older folks remember what sweet notes he was capable of. He had tone but was a master of many styles. Sadly he could nver find the perfect vehicle for his music.
Yes, he was a great player, the 2 BBB records are masterpieces as is his work with the Zimmermann. But neither could he sing nor compose, Peter could.