The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had to stop the song. I was falling asleep.
Maybe I'll play it later.
IF it's written about Stevie and this alleged Mac tour 2012 (which, as I recall, Lindsey never really mentioned before since he was too busy supporting his "solo" work), that would be really disappointing. Because, hey, she's supporting her "small" machine, which may be bigger than his--but, this time, it's personal and not just a money-making enterprise (which, FM 2012 more than likely would be). So, why would she be addicted to fame and letting their poor asses waste away when their poor asses shouldn't be wasting away at all. They all made a hell of a lot of money.
I could absolutely see him getting pissed if this was a Buckingham Nicks thing that fell through. But, FM Greatest Hits Part 97...nah.
Especially, since they all have to know she barely toured for IYD last year. Unless their panties are in a bunch over the Heart and Soul Part Deux thing. That might be a bit disconcerting. Giving Rod "their" money.
Eh...who cares? Stephanie is on there. Although, it's interesting that Raven, which is so dark and dirge-like was sung right before this fresh, wonderful, innocent instrumental.
Can someone dig up Freud? He's got a fun challenge here.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

however i think i can easily understand shorter set (just not this short Lindsey!!) - just look at him in those vids - he has to be extremely focused all the time to control almost everything by himself, making sure backing track doesn't run away from him, being there in the middle to start and stop it if it does etc. guess sound man would also do some of that controlling but still... plus isn't it easier/less tiresome getting carried away and moving around than standing in one place as he seems to have to with all the multitasking he's doing?
Ack, Stanley can do some of that. Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 05-06-2012 at 04:42 PM..
Old 05-27-2012, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
btw, i know now why i like the melody of Dancing chorus - he ripped it off from one of the verses of the song i can't quite remember now - but sing it to yourself w/o words - just that dancing dancing melody part - anybody can remember what / whose song that was?
From the opening chord on, it sounds a lot like Sleeping Around the Corner to me ( played on the wrong speed of an old record player )

---------------------------
Old 05-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
From the opening chord on, it sounds a lot like Sleeping Around the Corner to me ( played on the wrong speed of an old record player )

---------------------------
Interesting. I think that song totally fits on SWS.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just came across this video last night and was kind of blown away since it was something I'd never heard before. Does anyone know what era this is from or really when it was recorded? Although judging from previous posts it doesn't look like there's too much info about it. Gorgeous song though.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAngel86 View Post
Just came across this video last night and was kind of blown away since it was something I'd never heard before. Does anyone know what era this is from or really when it was recorded? Although judging from previous posts it doesn't look like there's too much info about it. Gorgeous song though.
video was recorded at the start of his OMS tour in May 2012. he only did this song twice, at the first 2 shows, and dropped it after that. this recording is the only one we have of it and i'm glad it's still up.

as you can see from the previous discussion in this thread, it seems to have been a brand new song that was never heard before, and written specifically about the Mac tour that was postponed at the time. Sad Angel seems to be somewhat of a [much bouncier ] natural progression from where Dancin' stopped ("crowd calling out for more").

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
video was recorded at the start of his OMS tour in May 2012. he only did this song twice, at the first 2 shows, and dropped it after that. this recording is the only one we have of it and i'm glad it's still up.

as you can see from the previous discussion in this thread, it seems to have been a brand new song that was never heard before, and written specifically about the Mac tour that was postponed at the time. Sad Angel seems to be somewhat of a [much bouncier ] natural progression from where Dancin' stopped ("crowd calling out for more").
Thanks elle. Puts more perspective on it.