The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Ledgie

oh, and i'll let london tell you all an anecdote about the little walk that some rock star took around the block before the soundcheck - if she feels so inclined - it's not my story to tell.

Great reviews elle!! As for the story, here goes...
My husband Bruce and I had arrived early in hopes of hearing sound check from the parking lot. I've been to the Ridgefield Playhouse before so I knew where to walk for a listen. Nothing. Must have missed it. When I turned to see where Bruce was, I saw him standing next to our car with his back to the driveway entrance. He saw some guy taking a walk and was waiting for him to pass by - Bruce wanted to change his shirt for dinner and the show. Bruce nodded at the walker and he nodded back before he put his gaze back to the ground. Even though the walker was wearing sunglasses, Bruce sensed he was deep in thought. What he didn't sense was who the walker was - Lindsey! I couldn't believe it. My heart skipped a beat or two as I'm in shock to see it's him and laughing to myself that Bruce didn't see him for who he was. I quickly walked towards Lindsey who was roughly 100 feet away and called his name. Whether he heard me or not, I'll never know. He just kept on walking and rounded the corner passing by elle and Amlyn and friends before disappearing into the venue. Bruce caught up with me at this point and that's how we met elle and Amlyn. No, we didn't meet Lindsey but we were happy just to see him out enjoying his surroundings. Who knows - maybe that meditative walk was a small spark behind last night's on-fire performance!
Old 09-26-2011, 02:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
AMAZING!!!!

I loved every single SWS song live and I am SO thrilled you had a great time elle!!! I hope I can see you in Maryland...I love all the reviews on this thread by the way. Lindsey seems to be getting amazing-er and amazing-er each night. Ugh, how can you improve on such perfection is beyond my understanding but I can't complain.

This should be a note that everyone who can should GO SEE HIM LIVE ON THIS TOUR!!!!!!!

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by london View Post
He just kept on walking and rounded the corner passing by elle and Amlyn and friends before disappearing into the venue. Bruce caught up with me at this point and that's how we met elle and Amlyn. No, we didn't meet Lindsey but we were happy just to see him out enjoying his surroundings. Who knows - maybe that meditative walk was a small spark behind last night's on-fire performance!
you know, now that i think about it, i can't believe none of us took a picture of him walking?! i loved seeing pics of him walking the streets of europe during unleashed. and we all had cameras with us or in our cars right there... and all of the sudden we saw this skinny guy in jeans and light gray t-shirt, dark sunglasses even though it was overcast, and big gray hair walking beside the building - and were like - s**t that's lindsey! he just looked straight to where he was walking and like he really wanted to be left in peace (i mean duh - obviously we were not sitting on our cars beside the venue in LB t-shirts just so we can play basketball with the kids next door ). london's husband said LB walked right by him and kinda looked at him strange like "aren't you here for me but you don't recognize me?". people were teasing me later that if he saw me, he must have been thinking "s**t that's the woman w/ the list of requests, i better run"). anyway, we all felt like he didn't want to be bothered so didn't stop him - we just kept meditating whether to go after him or not, instead of pulling out at least one camera! so that's the rest of the story. he was really great during the concert (we were a bit worried he might be in a grumpy mood - but it must have been more like london said).

Last edited by elle; 09-26-2011 at 11:05 PM..
Old 09-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
AMAZING!!!!

I loved every single SWS song live and I am SO thrilled you had a great time elle!!! I hope I can see you in Maryland...I love all the reviews on this thread by the way. Lindsey seems to be getting amazing-er and amazing-er each night. Ugh, how can you improve on such perfection is beyond my understanding but I can't complain.

This should be a note that everyone who can should GO SEE HIM LIVE ON THIS TOUR!!!!!!!
and not just once - once is definitely not nearly enough!!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default mosh pit at LB show in ridgefield

another tweet describing the feeling of the show that i enjoyed reading:

@itsjustkate So, @librarythingtim, there was a mosh pit at Lindsey Buckingham. No lie, ppl threw up devil horns during "you can go your own way"
Old 10-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default some videos from Ridgefield

from a friend of mine (thanks Steve ):

Old 10-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
from a friend of mine (thanks Steve ):

Fabulous footage! Thanks for posting these, elle. Thanks to Steve for sharing with us all.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

OK finally I am getting around to post my photos. I have photos and videos from the shows from CT to Jacksonville, FL with the exception of MD.
Let me see if this works.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

More Lindsey photos.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This free watermark program is making the photos look like crap.

Last edited by WelshWitchPMD; 10-09-2011 at 07:16 PM..
Old 11-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Old 11-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile