User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Sounds like you dreamed about a Coronal Mass Ejection hitting the earth. My Dad enlightened me to CME's over Thanksgiving, and I haven't viewed life the same ever since.
Your article stated that a CME would be so catastrophic that we wouldn't be able to restore power on earth for several years. That type of scenario is wayy worse than my 37 days the dream showed me.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
So I had this strange dream the other night...
Sounds a little like a couple of movies I've watched lately.
10 Cloverfield Lane and Into The Forest.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So I had this strange dream the other night. The power grid in the western hemisphere shuts off. There are pockets of power in a few places. People are in a panic and even without proof, a lot of people blame Russia. After a week of this ****, the police drive around at night yelling through their bull horns for all of us to resume our daily lives the best we can. They tell us to go to work and to go to school. No one can pump gas so when your tank runs out, that's it for your car. The grocery store shelves are cleared almost instantly. We have water still and those of us with gas stoves can still cook. Cell phones aren't working either and with no computer access most of us are bored ****less and people are highly stressed out. It happens in the winter and it happens this year before the spring. I know this because it shows me two houses that are currently rented by college seniors. The ground has a little bit of snow and it is very icy at night. I am cold and afraid of slipping. The dream tells me this will last for 37 days and when the power comes back on the world will rejoice. In all languages people will write about this catastrophic event. Songs will be written with 37 as their title. And we will all find out that this was not a man made occurrence.
Wow .It sounds like a movie script .To bad the dream could not get recorded like in the 1983 movie .Brainstorm with Natalie Wood.I love having dreams on the edge like that .Its better entertainment then whats on TV.

I can picture people just going nuts without their cellphones.Yippy. Not me.Time to use the CB radio with solar cells.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-06-2017, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Today is a very special day for me. On this day, January 6,2009, I decided it was time to stop my crazy way of smoking marijuana 24/7. I smoked pot daily for 30 years.I never had a problem with alcohol but decided to never again have another drink as well. On this day, January 6, 2017, I am drug and alcohol free for 8 years. I remember not even being able to make it through one hour without getting stoned.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sherlock: new series. Looking forward to episode 2 in the UK tonight. Love the show, can't bloody understand it properly though. I think the writers Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss must smoke some of those funny cigarettes.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Sherlock: new series. Looking forward to episode 2 in the UK tonight. Love the show, can't bloody understand it properly though. I think the writers Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss must smoke some of those funny cigarettes.
Wowwww. Just finished watching it. That just blew my mind.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:18 PM

I think I've found a new series to watch:

Old 01-19-2017, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Today marks 7 months since I began my proper diet and exercise routines. I am definitely suffering the winter doldrums. I haven't lifted my weights or exercised in several months other than when I am in physical therapy of which I do once a week. They are teaching me more pain in the ass exercises to keep my knees in shape so that I will eventually be able to jog again without feeling like I am crippled afterwards. The good news is that I have not gained any weight back and that is because I am very strict about what I eat. I cook all my own meals and eat out only one night a week. I just need to find my motivation to exercise again. I felt so gosh darn great when I was doing that.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Today is a very special day for me. On this day, January 6,2009, I decided it was time to stop my crazy way of smoking marijuana 24/7. I smoked pot daily for 30 years.I never had a problem with alcohol but decided to never again have another drink as well. On this day, January 6, 2017, I am drug and alcohol free for 8 years. I remember not even being able to make it through one hour without getting stoned.
Quote:
Today marks 7 months since I began my proper diet and exercise routines. I am definitely suffering the winter doldrums. I haven't lifted my weights or exercised in several months other than when I am in physical therapy of which I do once a week. They are teaching me more pain in the ass exercises to keep my knees in shape so that I will eventually be able to jog again without feeling like I am crippled afterwards. The good news is that I have not gained any weight back and that is because I am very strict about what I eat. I cook all my own meals and eat out only one night a week. I just need to find my motivation to exercise again. I felt so gosh darn great when I was doing that.
Congratulation Viv, you have a great willpower, and that is most admirable.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Congratulation Viv, you have a great willpower, and that is most admirable.
Stands up and takes a bow. Thank you for the encouragement.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking I'm retiring!

After being a moderator here at the Ledge for nearly a decade, I've decided I'm ready to return to being a "private citizen."

My replacement has agreed to join the moderation team and will be formally announced this weekend.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:47 AM

You'll be missed Louie.
However welcome to the dark side Jbrownsjr.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

louielouie2000 and Jbrownsjr; cheers to both of you.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-29-2017, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
After being a moderator here at the Ledge for nearly a decade, I've decided I'm ready to return to being a "private citizen."

My replacement has agreed to join the moderation team and will be formally announced this weekend.
You were the BEST Mod this forum ever had!!!
Old 02-02-2017, 12:54 PM

!!!