User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-27-2018, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Calling anyone a "whore" is obscene no matter who the recipient is and no matter what the circumstances are. It shouldn't be tolerated. And I've been a big FM fan for 40+ years and joined the group with all the talk about recent events.
When you call MF a whore it is not in a sexual context. He's a whore for money and it's really not that big a deal.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
When you call MF a whore it is not in a sexual context. He's a whore for money and it's really not that big a deal.
Besides, in this day and age, the term "whore", specially in non-sexual context, is about as saintly innocent as it gets, compared to the language that is out there.
I truly have a hard time fathoming an adult getting so bent out of shape over that word, these days.

But! In other news --- How 'bout that slithering snake of a lying shyster, huh?
He never fails to give me the willies, that Mick Fleetwood, brrr.

Old 05-27-2018, 01:46 AM
Senior Ledgie

That would be a small case. I've seen plenty of ugly talk here. I guess - freedom of speech. I know nobody in this band is perfect. I can take different opinions. But it's not something I'm into dwelling on and rehashing countless times with trash talk. After nnnth time it's not really funny. So I just stay away from it most part. I've given up trying to find a group online to be social with and interact as a fan though since it's pretty much same everywhere. So I just follow news and updates and use the boards to find particular information. I'm happy to enjoy the music itself on my own.

I won't continue in this convo but have fun folks!
Old 05-27-2018, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Calling anyone a "whore" is obscene no matter who the recipient is and no matter what the circumstances are. It shouldn't be tolerated. And I've been a big FM fan for 40+ years and joined the group with all the talk about recent events.
It's very funny that you're brand new here, and throwing a hissy fit about changing the rules/enforcing the rules, as you see fit. Things have been running ~as is~ for 20+ years.

Good luck with that. And btw, I contacted mods after "my" attacks in the past month, and was told, "I don't wanna deal with it".

Back in the day, MANY of us lurked here for a couple of years, before joining, because it's ALWAYS been tough here. So tough that we were afraid to join. AGAIN, it's always been tough here. "Man up", and stick around for a while.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Besides, in this day and age, the term "whore", specially in non-sexual context, is about as saintly innocent as it gets, compared to the language that is out there.
I truly have a hard time fathoming an adult getting so bent out of shape over that word, these days.

But! In other news --- How 'bout that slithering snake of a lying shyster, huh?
He never fails to give me the willies, that Mick Fleetwood, brrr.
I saw your post so I went to the Webster's Dictionary website and looked up "whore" and the definitions are divided into categories with the first category being "offensive" with a definition of promiscuous woman.

It's a bit odd that I'm having to explain that "whore" is an offensive word but Webster's considers the term to be an offensive one listing "offensive" as the primary category.

All I'm saying is that I'm surprised that the moderators are cool with this kind of offensive language. I'm going to stick to a positive discussion of the music and hope that the moderators work to curtail the bullying and offensive posts that are clearly preventing many fans from posting here.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I saw your post so I went to the Webster's Dictionary website and looked up "whore" and the definitions are divided into categories with the first category being "offensive" with a definition of promiscuous woman.

It's a bit odd that I'm having to explain that "whore" is an offensive word but Webster's considers the term to be an offensive one listing "offensive" as the primary category.

All I'm saying is that I'm surprised that the moderators are cool with this kind of offensive language. I'm going to stick to a positive discussion of the music and hope that the moderators work to curtail the bullying and offensive posts that are clearly preventing many fans from posting here.
Good god, a "man" is called a whore, over MONEY, and you just can't let it go.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's very funny that you're brand new here, and throwing a hissy fit about changing the rules/enforcing the rules, as you see fit. Things have been running ~as is~ for 20+ years.

Good luck with that. And btw, I contacted mods after "my" attacks in the past month, and was told, "I don't wanna deal with it".

Back in the day, MANY of us lurked here for a couple of years, before joining, because it's ALWAYS been tough here. So tough that we were afraid to join. AGAIN, it's always been tough here. "Man up", and stick around for a while.
I guess you find it easier to try to bully folks around then actually write cogent, factual, well thought out posts. The latter is more difficult. I think I'll stick to with those who want to discuss the glorious music without all the angry vitriol. Makes life much more enjoyable. Have a great weekend.
Old 05-27-2018, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess you find it easier to try to bully folks around then actually write cogent, factual, well thought out posts. The latter is more difficult. I think I'll stick to with those who want to discuss the glorious music without all the angry vitriol. Makes life much more enjoyable. Have a great weekend.
I shall.

You remind me of someone else who used to be here. Makes me wonder if they still check IP addresses, for duplicates...

I'm spelunking tomorrow. Then we're going to a winery. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, too.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oxford English dictionary;

Noun:
1.2 A person who is regarded as willing to do anything to get a particular thing.
‘he's a shameless publicity whore’
‘you come across as a complete attention whore’

Verb:
1.2 Debase oneself by doing something for unworthy motives, typically to make money.
‘he had never whored after money’

I'd say both terms fairly apply to MF.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-27-2018, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Ha ha. Mick was sweating
I wish he would have asked at the end. Why wasn't Christine involved in the decision? Why was the decision made when she was in London?
Old 05-27-2018, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Ha ha. Mick was sweating
I wish he would have asked at the end. Why wasn't Christine involved in the decision? Why was the decision made when she was in London?
Well, I for once think Christine is lying, but yeah, so many questions to ask greedy WHORE Mick. I guess he will start changing to trains now because every time he tries to catch a plane there's someone there asking him about Lindsey and letting him know what we all think about him and greedy selfish goat Stevie. Which I love, btw.

They have now a clear idea of where we're standing about Lindsey's firing and why tickets are not selling. Yep, Mick, you and Stevie did this.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, so many of you hate Stevie and Mick so much and were saying the tour was a cash grab and not worth attending before Lindsey was out, so it's a win/win for many of you.
I think spewing so much hatred is a waste of energy, but to each their own.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No REAL FM fan would be offended by this use of the word “whore”; it’s in Mac member lyrics fercryinoutloud

Who would run such a forum? Hypocrite Stevie? Rule #100: no mention of the song “Come” Rule 101: no mention of the song “Bel Air Rain”

Also it’s a huge stretch to take “Shut it” as a threat. I read it as: stop threatening others with banning based on your total ignorance of forum rules cuz u make yourself foolish and derail the topic at hand

Moving on. Mick Fleetwood is a whore who has degraded his own legacy for money and, possibly, spite. Until he will tell the truth, he really should shut it. He is coming off as a joke and making a mockery of the Macdom.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Well, I for once think Christine is lying, but yeah, so many questions to ask greedy WHORE Mick. I guess he will start changing to trains now because every time he tries to catch a plane there's someone there asking him about Lindsey and letting him know what we all think about him and greedy selfish goat Stevie. Which I love, btw.

They have now a clear idea of where we're standing about Lindsey's firing and why tickets are not selling. Yep, Mick, you and Stevie did this.
Good point. TMZ rwferencing Lindsey’s fans was fascinating. But are ticket sales bad? It’s seems to be doing really well but I don’t understand how these things work.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't been keeping up with ticket sales, as a Fleetwood Mac tour without Lindsey doesn't interest me. I doubt it will do terrible, but it won't be as big as previous tours. As for the FM legacy being ruined, I think their legacy as an iconic band is sealed.

Last edited by TheWildHeart67; 05-27-2018 at 09:23 AM..