User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-20-2013, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
There is now... I assume you're probably more interested in the latter questions but I've transcribed the whole thing anyway. For posterity or just because.
That's fantastic. Thank you.

Michele
Old 08-20-2013, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh my goodness, Lindsey. I am going to axiom you.

Lindsey is like, Oh yeah, I remembered Without You PERFECTLY.

Michele
Old 08-20-2013, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb1969 View Post
I would love to see EP evolve into an album. I hope they're developing new songs between legs of the tour. I don't think they will have any new songs ready for the Euro leg, though.
They have Miss Fantasy - which is a band Fleetwood Mac song. They have It Takes Time which is a Lindsey solo song owned by Fleetwood Mac. Dunno about anyone else but I love 'em both and want them added to the set! 25 songs is not too much to ask! Just 15 years ago they did 26 for The Dance!!! But...they are older now, I know and they don't want to play a 3.5-4 hour show. Still....

Lindsey, Stevie, Mick, John - if you wanna play the rest of the new songs on tour I ain't complaining tehehehe!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydust75 View Post
Just how hard does Stevie want to work anymore???
Stevie has been working her 60+ yr old arse off pretty much non-stop since the end of the 2009 Mac tour. She has been more productive than ever. A new solo album, solo tours, the Rod Stewart thang, lots of IYD 's promotion, AI, Oprah, Ellen, Sound City Players, ect...
As far as her relationship w/ Mick:
I think its funny that when Lindsey wants to quit the band or doesn't want them to bother him for three years ...its ok...
Christine retires.....wants to be left alone...its ok...
Stevie wants to extend her solo promotion of IYD 's....Mick wines like a B....and starts w/ the guilt trip....its not ok..

Stevie said she had to have a sit down w / Mick about the Playboy article .....So, I definitely think that their relationship suffered..in 2009 he was her BFF....2013???? not so much. But, this isn't the first time Mick has ruffled her feathers...they seem to have moved on like all the times before. Mick has said and done worse to her over thee years. Mick and a lot of others, don't give Stevie the same amount of respect as Chris and Lindsey.

I think at the most, we could get one more Mac album...but Stevie is probably going to jump back into her solo career ...time is not on her side. She still has a lot she wants to say thru her music...She doesn't want to dedicate the time it would take to record a Mac album and not be happy with how her songs turn out, like w/SYW.
The bolded part really resonated with me. I feel sorry for Stevie. She loves music, loves her job, loves the privilege of being able to connect with her audience, does lots of charity work, supports her fans. For feck's sake she is the most hardworking of the quartet that is Fleetwood Mac in 2013. And she has had to suffer through so much crap just because apparently she's a flake or a princess or whatever and IT's NOT true. She is a mature, seasoned professional musician. That's right, Lindsey. Stevie Nicks is NOT just "a great singer" [Lindsey commented in an interview: "We're a band of three musicians and a great singer."]

Look, yes, Stevie only plays the piano, keyboards and tambourine/percussion to an intermediate level. She's not a virtuoso musician like Lindsey or Mick or John. So what? She has better creative vision than Mick or John and her songs are equally as enjoyable if not better than Lindsey's [on average].

So that's the end of my rant. Why is it okay for the three boys/men to whinge, bitch, complain etc but when a woman stands up for herself and creates great music and works her butt off she never gets any credit? Just quietly I'm a man, but I think women as people deserve equal recognition for their work when it is of quality.

Lindsey is an excellent guitarist. I love You Do or You Don't, Bleed to Love Her, Steal Your Heart Away, Trouble, End of Time, Stars are Crazy...and many others. Miss Fantasy is my favourite song of 2013. It tells a great albeit only somewhat true/half true STORY, that song does. Lyrically AND musically.

But...give this great, generous woman called Stephanie Lynn Nicks credit for her work. Not just credit in $$$ but credit in recognising her as an outstanding poet and musician who gave us the music for Rhiannon. I am aware the bass line sounds awful in John's eyes. But that's life. You get paid $4 million per tour you can put up with playing crappy bass lines, you can relax and just go with the flow and enjoy it because your fans [ie: customers will thank you for it!]

And I was annoyed with John McVie when I watched the New Orleans Jazz Fest concert vid for Gypsy online. You could tell everyone else was enjoying themselves but he looked angry, frustrated or bored (or a combination of all three).

Entertainers are there to entertain. If they have fun we have fun. It's actually part of their job ...... anyways....that's enough ranting and raving.

ETA: Let us call him Mick the Dick. Affectionately. Not meanly. He says stupid offensive things without realising he's hurting people...not just Stevie....

Last edited by secret love; 08-20-2013 at 06:42 AM..
Old 08-20-2013, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am interested in all of it.

Thanks so much!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh my goodness, Lindsey. I am going to axiom you.

Lindsey is like, Oh yeah, I remembered Without You PERFECTLY.

Michele
that was pretty funny!

L: And yes, I think there will be a re-release of that [Buckingham Nicks] on CD officially. Uh, you know, I feel it coming soon, you know.

Last edited by CADreaming; 08-20-2013 at 06:50 AM..
Old 08-20-2013, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Pleasure. I think I may have put a quote or two up on my tumblr back when it first aired but it's nicer having the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

L: And yes, I think there will be a re-release of that [Buckingham Nicks] on CD officially. Uh, you know, I feel it coming soon, you know.

He 'feels' it coming soon? What, with his super senses (also very useful for inhaling Stevie's hair during Sara)? Or he's just very in tune with Fate's vibes?

*is making a big effort to be patient*
Old 08-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
They have Miss Fantasy - which is a band Fleetwood Mac song. They have It Takes Time which is a Lindsey solo song owned by Fleetwood Mac. Dunno about anyone else but I love 'em both and want them added to the set! 25 songs is not too much to ask! Just 15 years ago they did 26 for The Dance!!! But...they are older now, I know and they don't want to play a 3.5-4 hour show. Still....

Lindsey, Stevie, Mick, John - if you wanna play the rest of the new songs on tour I ain't complaining tehehehe!!!
I love Miss Fantasy, so I'm with you!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
I love Miss Fantasy, so I'm with you!
Good on you. I'm just curious to some of the other fans out there of the band. When you complain about the EP and say things like "to quote Stevie, this hurts my everything".....are you just "hurt" because you wanted a full album? Or are you hurt because you genuinely believe that the songs on Extended Play suck?

I know personally, it sounds silly, but I was trembling with excitement when I discovered Australia was first instead of last to get Fleetwood Mac'sExtended Play on iTunes. And I downloaded it about 0930 am and wow it just blew my mind! It was not the best they had done in a long time because it was the only thing in a long time, it is actually better than some Say You Will songs. And better than Time and Behind the Mask. And better than Stevie's songs on TITN (that's a given) but even Lindsey is making music better than some TITN songs in 2013, in my eyes.

This band still holds so much potential and they consistently surprise me and I don't know why but I think four 65ish year olds on stage doing what they do, you know the whole Stevie/Lindsey comedy routine, the whole play on their relationship making it seem more sexual than it actually is (because in real life, they probably do not have sex at all, let's be honest here, and Linds does not smell Stevie's hair when he's offstage I hope)...it's just so sweet and funny. And Mick loves playing the drums. Even John just loves playing, he's quiet - likes his life kept private and that's his right...but he just loves playing bass. They are all doing what they love. Their passions.

I just get annoyed when people purport to be fans of a music ensemble, group or band and then bag them...it feels disingenous.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post

He 'feels' it coming soon? What, with his super senses (also very useful for inhaling Stevie's hair during Sara)? Or he's just very in tune with Fate's vibes?

*is making a big effort to be patient*
I think he's in tune with deal specifics and release date.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I think he's in tune with deal specifics and release date.
Of course he is!
Old 09-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default LB says Warner Bros. Wants New Album

[I didn't think WB was interested]

New Fleetwood Mac Album Up to Stevie Nicks

Russell Hall 09.25.2013,

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyl...vie-Nicks.aspx

In a just-published interview with M Music & Musicians, Lindsey Buckingham said, “The way we do things in Fleetwood Mac is always a political mine field. If it’s not Stevie, it’s me—someone is always causing trouble. [laughs] I know Warner Brothers is dying to get an album from us, even though we’re not signed to them anymore. Stevie needs to come to the table with some material. In order to contemplate a new album, she has to want to do it.”

Buckingham went on to say that Nicks’ positive experience making In Your Dreams, her 2012 solo album, complicates the prospects for a new Fleetwood Mac LP. “She had a wonderful experience making that album,” he says. “She hasn’t said this—this is just me—but knowing Stevie, she’s probably thinking, ‘If I have to write five new songs, do I want to give them to Fleetwood Mac?’ And that’s fair enough. I think she’s feeling a bit protective and territorial about the experience she had doing her solo project. And I can totally relate to that.”

Fleetwood Mac is currently on the European leg of their 2013 tour.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah that's a interesting statement. LB says they aren't signed with WB and Mick was saying they were still "sort of" with them.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Simple solution to that problem that is easy to say, but not to do: Get Christine to record, don't pressure her to tour, let her decide. And Stevie will drop everything.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-25-2013, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Buckingham went on to say“She hasn’t said this—this is just me—but knowing Stevie, she’s probably thinking, ‘If I have to write five new songs, do I want to give them to Fleetwood Mac?’
I think it is fair to say that more people would hear her new songs if they were presented on a FM album over another solo disc.