Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-05-2004, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation That's one of the...

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass
I suppose it wouldn't surprise you Brian that the one show I'm considering torrenting is the copy of 8-31-1980 Hollywood Bowl that you sent me a while ago. The recording isn't the best quality (although still pretty good when compared to most of the audience recordings from that tour); however it's error-free and tracked like it should be.

Oh, and those end-of-the-tour shows were just amazing. Enough of a reason for me to put that up, sometime this week I think.
shows I transferred from tape to disc (Along with countless others) and I remember it was one of the few that had no errors even though the sound quality was lacking in the depth department (But considering the recording technology used back then it is still a miracle the show ended up being listenable)

I am reconsidering my trade offer for audio tapes of past shows...So I may trade for a few and see if I can make a few more quality shows to add to the overall mix of the FM trading circles.

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
A couple of things people should still remember: those with dial-ups shouldn't bother because the files are large,
That would be me. I guess that I will wait to get them on DVD.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
am reconsidering my trade offer for audio tapes of past shows...So I may trade for a few and see if I can make a few more quality shows to add to the overall mix of the FM trading circles.
That's a wise choice, as you are the only one that I've ever heard of in FM trading that can transfer tape to disc.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
That's a wise choice, as you are the only one that I've ever heard of in FM trading that can transfer tape to disc.
and add transferring videos to DVD-R to that feat, So I stay pretty busy with trading music, So much so that I could almost retire from work & do it on a full-time basis

"Ah, the perils of Rock N Roll decadence..."

Brian j.

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-06-2004, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
wasnt that show really sped up towards the end???
I really think you should seed that show! It would be great.
From "Angel" onwards, yeah. However, I'm looking into pitch correction before I post it, altering the pitch about a semitone should be enough.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 10-06-2004, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation I used the pitch...

Quote:
From "Angel" onwards, yeah. However, I'm looking into pitch correction before I post it, altering the pitch about a semitone should be enough.
correction option on my JVC burner to adjust the sound of the FM Aug.12,1980-Birmingham, AL show because it was way too slow and it made for a hilarious listen (Imagine the FM members sounding constipated...That's my description!) but now it sounds great.

I also used pitch correction to have a laugh by dropping "Edge Of Seventeen" off Stevie's "Bella Donna" release by -12% to have the vocals sounding as if they were sung by the singer Meat Loaf

Brian j.

Old 10-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
shows I transferred from tape to disc (Along with countless others) and I remember it was one of the few that had no errors even though the sound quality was lacking in the depth department (But considering the recording technology used back then it is still a miracle the show ended up being listenable)
A few months ago, I took my tape of Bowl #1, which I bought from someone in 1980, & started ripping MP3s of it. I only got through the first six songs (through Rhiannon). I heard someone else's copy of the show a few years ago, & it sounded very similar in sound quality to mine.

Many years ago, I posted a request to traders on Usenet that we compile a giant list of tapes that people know they have a low-generation copy of (or even the original). Either most people didn't understand my request & the need for it, or they couldn't be bothered.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
correction option on my JVC burner to adjust the sound of the FM Aug.12,1980-Birmingham, AL show because it was way too slow and it made for a hilarious listen (Imagine the FM members sounding constipated...That's my description!) but now it sounds great.
But sometimes -- as in Cologne -- they played mighty slow. As long as your "Chain" is in E minor, you're on pitch.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
Don't feel bad, I started mine Sunday night about midnight and I'm only at 79%.. Download rate is really low... like 7-10 and says 30 hours to go... Reason being is that there is only ONE person that is currently seeding the dvd... Meaning one person has completely downloaded and has generously left their window open for others... Everyone else scrammed!
I'll leave mine open for a while. They're finished now.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Artwork for the Tusk DVD

Here is the artwork I made for the Tusk DVD, I hope you like it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TuskDVD.jpg (92.8 KB, 64 views)
Old 10-06-2004, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagarcia
Here is the artwork I made for the Tusk DVD, I hope you like it.
Fantastic thanks for that, if it's OK with you I will add it to the artwork archive and I believe that someone had requested artwork over at easytree, maybe you wanna post it there also. Cheers

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 10-06-2004, 06:47 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodmod
Fantastic thanks for that, if it's OK with you I will add it to the artwork archive and I believe that someone had requested artwork over at easytree, maybe you wanna post it there also. Cheers
Please add it to the artwork archive is the least I can do for you, after what you have done for everyone. Thanks!
Old 10-08-2004, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default DVD conversion

Thanks, Neil, for getting these out on the torrents. I wish I was more experienced at prepping seeds. I'm going to work on that as soon as I finish more dvd conversions.

Like Brian, I've been converting a lot of VHS tapes to dvd with mixed results. What I really need is better source tapes for a lot of these shows. The Lindsey ABC in Concert is one of the few I took myself directly from TV. I wish I had more like that, now that I have the ability to convert.

Anyone out there with good VHS tapes, 1st generation you made yourself, or clear 2nd generation copies, I'd like to trade you for your tapes. I'll make you a free dvd from your tape and include another show on dvd if you can send me your source tape.

If we're going to seed these shows on the torrents and spread the love of Fleetwood Mac, we have to make the best dvds from the best tapes available. As you've read here, fans of other bands are horribly nasty about seeding less than perfect material into the trading community.

Again, if you have some good quality VHS tapes I can convert to dvd, please email me at the addy below. I'm especially interested in a good copy of the following shows I have bad copies of:

Stevie Nicks Enchanted (Woodstock 98) New York
Stevie Nicks Boston, Ma 10-12-96 (Mix 96 Mixfest)

glitter_fades@yahoo.com **(underscore between r and f)
Old 10-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Most of my 2003-2004 shows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
Thanks, Neil, for getting these out on the torrents. I wish I was more experienced at prepping seeds. I'm going to work on that as soon as I finish more dvd conversions.

Like Brian, I've been converting a lot of VHS tapes to dvd with mixed results. What I really need is better source tapes for a lot of these shows. The Lindsey ABC in Concert is one of the few I took myself directly from TV. I wish I had more like that, now that I have the ability to convert.

Anyone out there with good VHS tapes, 1st generation you made yourself, or clear 2nd generation copies, I'd like to trade you for your tapes. I'll make you a free dvd from your tape and include another show on dvd if you can send me your source tape.

If we're going to seed these shows on the torrents and spread the love of Fleetwood Mac, we have to make the best dvds from the best tapes available. As you've read here, fans of other bands are horribly nasty about seeding less than perfect material into the trading community.
are first generation tapes that I traded for (Most, if not all of 'em, came from North of the border from a trader who always passes 'em on to me...We are both sticklers for quality!) and are the best quality since I used them sparingly to make copies (A good idea is to make a copy of a VHS tape that you will intend to use for trades and keep your master put away, I did that with all my shows except the first 3 2003 shows...Which I will soon be replacing.)

Hopefully after I get these copied & traded (Currently finishing the July 17,2003-Anaheim show) someone will post 'em on a torent site so they can be freely traded (I need to purchase some DVD-RAM discs so I can edit files into correct chapters and add interactive menus.)

Brian j.

Last edited by estranged4life; 10-08-2004 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: Typing is like a big pain in my ass...
Old 10-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, now that I've downloaded this (about 65 hours), HOW do I view it?
Thanks