User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:22 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Polish blues magazine TWOJ BLUES - P. Green Story

Hi,
I'd like to inform about my article on Polish Blues Magazine TWOJ BLUES. I used some information from this forum so thank you very much for your contribiution !!! The article consists of 4 pages (30 000 signs ) and is a compendium of P. Green for Polish fans. Here are scans of cover and 1st and 4th page with two photos taken during P. Green's visit in Poland in 1996. Especially I'd like to thank Mario, Don Brown, Karl Hienz and Peter from Sweden.
Stay Green
Krzysztof
P.S.
I hope I will be able to make a few broadcasts about Peter in Polish radio stations :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P. Green 1 of 4.JPG (72.6 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg P. Green 4 of 4.JPG (83.3 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg P. Green cover TB33.jpg (96.7 KB, 43 views)
Old 10-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Green in Poland

Hello Krzysztof

That looks great, and the pictures are never seen before (by me, that is). It's a pity I don't read/speak or understand polish. What does TWOJ BLUES mean?

I have heard that Peter Green is quite a name in Poland. Did he get his reputation here via Fleetwood Mac? I quess FM actually never played there?

Good luck with the broadcasts - and stay green yourself!

Ms Moose
Old 10-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Hello Krzysztof

That looks great, and the pictures are never seen before (by me, that is). It's a pity I don't read/speak or understand polish. What does TWOJ BLUES mean?

I have heard that Peter Green is quite a name in Poland. Did he get his reputation here via Fleetwood Mac? I quess FM actually never played there?

Good luck with the broadcasts - and stay green yourself!

Ms Moose
Yes, the pictures have been only published on TWOJ BLUES ( this means YOUR BLUES ) and were taken by A. Matysik (the editor of TWOJ BLUES).
Peter Green is a legend for many Polish fans althought P. Green's FM or Peter during his solo carier have never been to Poland. But his music broadcast some radio stations in Poland. In 1980's in Poland was published a vinyl compilation PORTRAIT by TONPRESS (Greeny's solo recordings from 1970/1980).
So when PG Splinter Group arrived to give a gig in 1996 it was broadcast by Polish TV and Radio Station. The gig was amaizing and Peter recalls it as his favourite (I read it in M. Celmins - Authorised Bigraphy). My foreign friends, whom I send DVD with a fragment of this gig, say - "now we understand why Peter especially likes this concert".

Krzysztof

P.S.
BTW - M. Celmins wrote about the Ukrainian, Polish and Jewish descent of Peter :-) but it isn't the only reason of great respect to Peter :-). The main reason is his beautiful music of course.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Look in Private Message Krzysztof.... :-)

/z
Old 10-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowk View Post
Yes, the pictures have been only published on TWOJ BLUES ( this means YOUR BLUES ) and were taken by A. Matysik (the editor of TWOJ BLUES).
Peter Green is a legend for many Polish fans althought P. Green's FM or Peter during his solo carier have never been to Poland. But his music broadcast some radio stations in Poland. In 1980's in Poland was published a vinyl compilation PORTRAIT by TONPRESS (Greeny's solo recordings from 1970/1980).
So when PG Splinter Group arrived to give a gig in 1996 it was broadcast by Polish TV and Radio Station. The gig was amaizing and Peter recalls it as his favourite (I read it in M. Celmins - Authorised Bigraphy). My foreign friends, whom I send DVD with a fragment of this gig, say - "now we understand why Peter especially likes this concert".

Krzysztof

P.S.
BTW - M. Celmins wrote about the Ukrainian, Polish and Jewish descent of Peter :-) but it isn't the only reason of great respect to Peter :-). The main reason is his beautiful music of course.
Thank you. That's very interesting. Does that mean that there is actually filmed footage of the Splintergroup concert in 1996 in Poland ? Why do you you think Peter Green prefered this concert, and why was it so amazing?
I saw Splintergroup in Copenhagen in september 2002, and there was this feeling of love and awe from the audience, which was rather special. Maybe it was this quality?

Yes, Celmins write about the ukranian, polish and jewish descent of PG and as far as I remember PG's former girlfriend Sandra Elsdon is quoted saying that "his blues is jewish blues" - which seems like a very subtle and deep observation in relation to the "tone" and "feel" of PG's music (which Celmins likens to a cantor in a synagogue).

Ms Moose
Old 10-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Thank you. That's very interesting. Does that mean that there is actually filmed footage of the Splintergroup concert in 1996 in Poland ? Why do you you think Peter Green prefered this concert, and why was it so amazing?
I saw Splintergroup in Copenhagen in september 2002, and there was this feeling of love and awe from the audience, which was rather special. Maybe it was this quality?

Ms Moose
I recorded 12 years ago a fragment of this gig from Polish TV (VHS mono). It lasts about 37 minutes. I watched it many times so tape is a little worn out :-( Two years ago I transferd it to DVD format. The sound and picture quality isn't very good. I have also recorded this gig from soundboard and from radio broadcast (very good quality).

Peter's words " Poland was my favorite concert (he smiles), the one where they ended up jumping up and down to the music" refers to gigs from PGSG 1996/97 European tour.
I didn't see other gigs and didn't read Peter's oppinions about them but maybe the concert in Copenhagen (which took place later) was as good or even better than in Warsaw :-).
Stay Green
Krzysztof
Old 10-07-2008, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default stories from poland

Thank you Krzysztof, (Ms Moose and others too) for sharing this stuff.

Having missed these tours due to my inattention back then, I really appreciate what you and other Ledgies have discovered or experienced and are now sharing with us.
again, thank you

vinnie c
Old 10-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good of you spreading the word, Krzysztof!
You sent me a copy of the DVD a few years ago,
and Peter looks very happy indeed with the audience.
The Polish people seem to be big music fans.
Miles Davis said something similar about his visit
there in 1983; the audience yelled "stolat, stolat"!
Which is supposed to mean...may you live a 1000 years?
Old 10-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
Good of you spreading the word, Krzysztof!
You sent me a copy of the DVD a few years ago,
and Peter looks very happy indeed with the audience.
The Polish people seem to be big music fans.
Miles Davis said something similar about his visit
there in 1983; the audience yelled "stolat, stolat"!
Which is supposed to mean...may you live a 1000 years?
Great musicians get always enthusiastic applause from Polish music fans :-).
Lately I saw it during some gigs (e.g. Gov't Mule, Greg Allman, Derek Trucks, Otis Grand, Melvin Taylor).

stolat (100 lat) means - live 100 years !!! (happy and healthy of course )

BTW
I hope you like this Warsaw gig :-).

Krzysztof
Old 10-08-2008, 05:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The concert in Copenhagen

Quote:
Peter's words " Poland was my favorite concert (he smiles), the one where they ended up jumping up and down to the music" refers to gigs from PGSG 1996/97 European tour.
I didn't see other gigs and didn't read Peter's oppinions about them but maybe the concert in Copenhagen (which took place later) was as good or even better than in Warsaw :-).
Stay Green
Krzysztof
The concert in Copenhagen in september 2002 was a heartwarming experience. The band seemed extremely supportive of Peter Green - it seemed like everything was built around him. The audience response to him being there - after all these years - was very moving in a way I have never experienced at any concert before or after. He played mainly rhytm or subtle appeggios (I think it is called), so to be able to listen to Peter Green play you had to tune your hearing to this level of the music - which meant trying to block out the lead. It was very beautiful. Even in Fleetwood Mac he was a master of accompaniment and falling in with the rhytm after leads.
Peter himself appeared somewhat detached but quietly happy with the response he got.

Ms Moose
Old 10-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Ledgie

Default Polish Concert

Hello to all,

One quick question... was this the Concert referred to as: "Sala Konvesowa", from Warsaw, dated: 7.12.1996?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Don
Old 10-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Brown View Post
Hello to all,

One quick question... was this the Concert referred to as: "Sala Konvesowa", from Warsaw, dated: 7.12.1996?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Don
Yes,
Sala Kongresowa (Congress Hall), Warsaw, 7.12.1996

Krzysztof
Old 10-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Great musicians get always enthusiastic applause from Polish music fans :-).
Lately I saw it during some gigs (e.g. Gov't Mule, Greg Allman, Derek Trucks, Otis Grand, Melvin Taylor).

stolat (100 lat) means - live 100 years !!! (happy and healthy of course )

BTW
I hope you like this Warsaw gig :-).

Krzysztof
Many empty seats in the audience, though....
Pity for those who missed this unique experience.
Sadly only 38 and a half minutes broadcasted.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Yes,
Sala Kongresowa (Congress Hall), Warsaw, 7.12.1996

Krzysztof
Thanks for the confirmation, and for correcting my spelling/pronunciation of the venue. I had it wrong all along.

Cheers, Don
Old 10-11-2008, 05:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Brown View Post
Thanks for the confirmation, and for correcting my spelling/pronunciation of the venue. I had it wrong all along.

Cheers, Don
You're welcome

Cheers
Krzysztof