The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

drinking frappucino -- enjoying the **** weather -- listening to some rachael yamagata -- debating on heading home for the weekend tonight or doing a paper instead.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
^^

Great story - but sorry about the skunk. I can just see a poor wet and dripping dog looking all shameful Did the skunk smell get into your upholstery or anything?
Not so far. I ran downstairs and immediately turned off the A/C. Once I determined the house wasn't on fire, it was pretty easy to figure out what the smell was with all the ruckus going on in the back yard.

I was mad for being woken up in such an unpleasant way, but upon seeing the dog it all turned to pity. If it smelled that bad to me I can only imagine how bad it must smell for dog, especially when it's sprayed *on* them. And strangely I never actually saw the skunk - I guess it had time to get away after it retaliated. Just a small clump of black & white hair in the A/C unit grill.

I also lit about half a box of Nag Champa sticks once the windows were all open. It helped, besides being something else to choke over. Thanks, Stevie!
Old 09-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

deciding whether to make porterhouse steaks with shrooms or grilled chicken caesar salad...
Old 09-14-2006, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bored out of my gourd at work. May go out and find lunch and make another stop at Target to buy more **** for a girls dorm room set next week.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Banned

Blowing my nose and cursing the dirty bitch that gave me this cold.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Becoming extremely annoyed that Colorado State University has STILL not posted audio from a mid-morning press conference
Old 09-14-2006, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschmike View Post
Blowing my nose and cursing the dirty bitch that gave me this cold.
Yeah, well f*ck you too, buddy.

Getting ready to go home in 3.....2.......1

And I'm out.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Yeah, well f*ck you too, buddy.

Getting ready to go home in 3.....2.......1

And I'm out.
Oh sure, turn it around on me.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

sitting in bed, still in my work clothes, in a near-comatose state. trying not to reflect too much on my terrible evening at work, since such a thought process would surely lead to my untimely suicide.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
sitting in bed, still in my work clothes, in a near-comatose state. trying not to reflect too much on my terrible evening at work, since such a thought process would surely lead to my untimely suicide.
Where do you work? And why was it such a bad night?
Old 09-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Red face Currently...

watching the news.

The report about E.Coli being connected to bagged Spinach nationwide is not the news I was wanting to hear, since that is exactly what I had last night for supper.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
watching the news.

The report about E.Coli being connected to bagged Spinach nationwide is not the news I was wanting to hear, since that is exactly what I had last night for supper.
I know - I've had a damn bagged spinach salad every day for the last two weeks I saw the E.Coli headline - didn't read the story...now I'm freaked out. But I would have seen symtpoms by now, right? Eek..I'm going to check on that...
Old 09-14-2006, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Where do you work? And why was it such a bad night?
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i work at a deli. we were terribly busy tonight, and there were only two of us working. people were extremely rude and demanding. and seriously, you don't go into a restaurant at 8 minutes until it closes! but this dude did tonight, and brought 2 other people with him.

i can't even adequately express my hatred for this dude ... he's such a freak. he's been fired from every food place in the downtown area, so i KNOW he's worked in food service. he should know not to come into a restaurant so late. and he should know not to come into a restaurant at ANY time and place ridiculously complicated orders, but he does. he thinks it's cute, he thinks it makes him special, but we hate him. our menu literally has more than 50 choices on it and this guy has to be a complete moron and make his own **** up. no, i will not make you a pepperoni, salami, cappicola, and pepperjack cheese sandwich on toasted rye. and no, i will not put banana peppers, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, oil, and vinegar on it. and no, i will not steam the meat and the cheese and press the whole thing on the grill for you. and no, i will not make you friday's special on thursday. AND NO I WILL NOT GIVE IT TO YOU FOR FREE! you know why not? F*CK YOU, that's why not! if you're so special that we don't have anything on the menu that can cater to your needs, GO TO THE GODDAMN GROCERY STORE AND MAKE YOURSELF A GODDAMN SANDWICH! f*ck you.

and that was just one customer! JESUS CHRIST, PEOPLE, GET A LIFE!

oh yeah!!!!!!! AND!!!!!!!!!! mormons came in and wanted to talk to me about my relationship with JESUS EFFING CHRIST!!!!!!! i was like, i am just here to do my job. your total is $7.50. they were like, well in the book of mormon ... i was like, YOUR TOTAL IS $7.50. they got the hint.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 09-14-2006, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know - I've had a damn bagged spinach salad every day for the last two weeks I saw the E.Coli headline - didn't read the story...now I'm freaked out. But I would have seen symtpoms by now, right? Eek..I'm going to check on that...
be careful with spinach anyway ... i only mix a little in with romaine, because spinach is extremely high in vitamin A (like, one serving is 400% of your daily allowance), and getting too much vitamin A has been linked to hip fractures. just food for thought. i used to have a spinach salad every day until i read about that.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^

Ooh I've never been solicited by religous folks at work before -that would piss. me. off. But yeah - I'm still not so keen on referring to Him as Jesus "effing" Christ. Just a thing...

Annnyway....how IS your relationship with him? I'm totally kidding.

Seriously though - the dude you described sounds like a cocky prick - and I hope someone either spit in or put something gross in his sandwich
Sorry your night sucked - it definitely doesn't sound like a banner night

Do you have to work tomorrow again - or will you have at least one "buffer" day?