The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: what next for LB?
More US solo tour dates before the end of the year 8 19.51%
Some UK/EU solo dates (either this year or interspersed with FM tour next year) 4 9.76%
New solo album or EP 5 12.20%
FM EP before starting the tour next year 6 14.63%
BN reissue and a short tour somewhere before or after FM tour 2 4.88%
All of the above 11 26.83%
None of the above 5 12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetta07 View Post
Ha, yeah I know its not in the 'deep cut' category and I prob. would not have even thought of it if not for the couple lines he did at my first solo Lindsey show. It just sounded so fun and energetic I wanted him to finish
do you know if there's a video of it?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-14-2012, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know what it is, but there is something about Blue Letter I just love.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:41 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
do you know if there's a video of it?
No, unfortunately the only video I could find of this show was his performance of GYOW.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

re Blue Letter, i don't know - FM did it on several tours, and it's not even the song they wrote...
No covers. I don't care how good they sound. No Stones, Lindsey. No Peter Green, Chili.

Although I know Chili will say that FM doing FM is not a cover. Stay in your own line up people. Michele
Old 09-15-2012, 01:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
No covers. I don't care how good they sound. No Stones, Lindsey. No Peter Green, Chili.

Although I know Chili will say that FM doing FM is not a cover. Stay in your own line up people. Michele
wait - i want Oh Well!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
wait - i want Oh Well!
Me too, love Lindsey's version.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
I don't know what it is, but there is something about Blue Letter I just love.
You do know Stevie sings on that...
Old 09-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think Lindsey's young voice was beautiful and he had great range. His speaking voice back then made him sound even more feminine than he actually is, so that was somewhat comical, but that had its own charm too.

I hate strongly partisan fans in general. Stevie has more of them than Lindsey does, but I just don't understand that mentality.

I don't think everything Lindsey does is perfect, but I don't think everything he does is better with Stevie either. Some of the best things I've seen him do have been when she's offstage doing whatever the heck she does there. However, my prejudice is, the best things I've seen him do have often involved someone else, if it wasn't Stevie.

I am not 33 1/3 to each person in my own FM beliefs, not by a long shot, but I love them all and I love them together much more than I love any of them separately. I think there's something almost spiritual in the balance. It's a miracle to me. I think the sun rises and sets on Lindsey's head, but in between those setting suns, when I'm dreaming . . . I'm dreaming of the dame and the gal too. I don't stop.

Michele
Michele, I like this whole post.

Truthfully, I really can't imagine Stevie singing on the majority of Lindsey's solo projects. I would probably enjoy it if she did, but I don't think of those songs in that way. I feel the same way about her solo work too. For example, I don't need Lindsey on any of her IYD tracks (except for SA) even though I believe it would be awesome to hear Lindsey on any of those songs. But, when Stevie took SA on the road without Lindsey - I missed him. I like the girls and Waddy just fine, but to me that's a BN song and his absence is felt. Just like on ISA or GYOW when Lindsey does those solo - it's not bad (of course it couldn't be!) but when everyone around me is singing HER part because it's what you naturally hear, she's missed even for those few seconds "black as night", "another lonely day" and in my head I see her standing there too. (Probably how all those who were blesssed to see Christine feel when they look over at her spot and Brett's there...)

And, I guess I might have a different opinion if I had heard the GOS demos before I heard SYW. But, since I went into it with her voice singing harmony in my head, I missed it when I did hear the GOS demos. And, even though I enjoy those demos, I looked at them as being incomplete. It's like when Lindsey said in an interview - I think it was GOS era or UTS maybe when a DJ asked him what he thought about the demos being leaked and he said there's a reason they're still demos and he really didn't like for people to hear them in the unfinished state.

Last edited by CADreaming; 09-15-2012 at 11:11 AM..
Old 09-15-2012, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
wait - i want Oh Well!
Someone's got to sacrifice, if this things going to come out right.

Michele
Old 09-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Someone's got to sacrifice, if this things going to come out right.
but that sacrifice just cannot be Oh Well! that's one song that would actually pull me to go see FM in concert... i'd love to hear it live!

another one would be if he considers adding WATL...

and the third one - if he starts listening to all that good advice that lindsfan gave him - and adds IOOT into FM set!

(not holding my breath for the 2nd and 3rd one of course )

Old 09-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
but that sacrifice just cannot be Oh Well! that's one song that would actually pull me to go see FM in concert... i'd love to hear it live!
Just go see the show. Opening night. Meet you there. Michele
Old 09-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just go see the show. Opening night. Meet you there. Michele
come to the east coast Michele!

why opening night?

Old 09-15-2012, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
come to the east coast Michele!

why opening night?
So we can be surprised by the set list. The Unleashed tour started on the east coast. Perhaps this one will too.

Michele
Old 09-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Post LB box set anyone

I know this has been mentioned before & even by me but he really needs to get a box set put out of all his stuff. Rare songs/extended versions & all his videos included as well. I would love some of his earlier LP stuff on it esp from Out of the Cradle. I don't understand why he doesn't play anything from it--its like his best LP/cd to me not that I don't mind some of the others too plus the extended version to Slow Dancing needs to be included as well. Not sure about others though. Not really sure what he or Mac will do guess only time will tell?? BN released officially with extras would be nice but it doesn't seem like thats ever gonna happen. It should've already happend sad but so true. IMO anyway.
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 09-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine View Post
I know this has been mentioned before & even by me but he really needs to get a box set put out of all his stuff. Rare songs/extended versions & all his videos included as well. I would love some of his earlier LP stuff on it esp from Out of the Cradle. I don't understand why he doesn't play anything from it--its like his best LP/cd to me not that I don't mind some of the others too plus the extended version to Slow Dancing needs to be included as well. Not sure about others though. Not really sure what he or Mac will do guess only time will tell?? BN released officially with extras would be nice but it doesn't seem like thats ever gonna happen. It should've already happend sad but so true. IMO anyway.
I wrote him a letter and gave it to him at my first m&g with him ( so I wouldn't forget all the things I wanted to say), and I mentioned a box set at length. I know some others that mentioned it to him, as well. So he knows we want it.

OOTC is another one he should be very well aware of the fact that the fans adore. I can't tell you how many OOTC CDs he was handed to sign during the m&gs. But there were lots. I'm sure he gets asked about it, but I've never heard a direct answer from him

All I can say is that we, as fans, should continue to push both of those things every chance we get...every time we have a chance to talk to him, be it a m&g, a radio call in, or whatever opportunity may present itself.