The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There are some cute "girlie" shirts they're selling. They say "Lindsey Buckingham" at the top with an upright guitar below that. I don't recall what kind of guitar it is, sorry. I believe they had men's sizes of that shirt too.

Michele, regarding the Sept. 16 comment: I thought LB said, "I've got a new album coming out...uh...sometime this month..." I said, "The 16th!" And then Lindsey said, "Yeah, that's right, the 16th." I was purposely loud, but I can't believe he heard you make your comment about the album not being out yet, you were so quiet.

Y'all are gonna be blown away by the full-band version of "Go Insane." That was a definite highlight.

Last edited by Livia; 09-09-2008 at 12:36 PM..
Old 09-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post

Michele, regarding the Sept. 16 comment: I thought LB said, "I've got a new album coming out...uh...sometime this month..." I said, "The 16th!" And then Lindsey said, "Yeah, that's right, the 16th." .

Aha!

After Did You Miss Me, when Lindsey turned away to get his other guitar people were yelling at him, "Yes we missed you Lindsey!" I thought that was funny.

Also, I loved that song live too and was grateful to have a new one that I could sing along with. I have a copy of Time Precious Time from the radio as well and I guess I could have learned that well enough to sing along with at the show, but that one didn't do much for me. DYMM is infectious.

Quote:
Y'all are gonna be blown away by the full-band version of "Go Insane." That was a definite highlight.
The band version doesn't get Sardonic World as an intro either. Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 09-09-2008 at 01:09 PM..
Old 09-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I get goosebumps EVERY time during DYMM when he takes the melody up a notch on the chorus at the end.

Last edited by Livia; 09-09-2008 at 01:19 PM..
Old 09-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can anybody post a few photos of the concert to share with the less fortunate souls that exist.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Thanks for the recap Ken.... and nice to see you posting again Amber
Thanks! The show and the GOS songs were too good not to say anything...

Quote:
I thought the crowd was lame - relatively speaking
Hey, don't talk about me that way!!! But seriously, they were kinda lame...last time we went to Lindsey there, this security yard duty lady sat by me the whole time to keep me from getting up and dancing, because people behind were complaining. This time was better - we were at the end of the 3rd row right in front of Brett and a speaker with no one in front of us - we got up and danced some.

Quote:
The Mountain Winery is now my 2nd favorite outdoor venue, Red Rocks being #1.
Isn't it spectacular? I wish I lived up there, it even smells really good.

I would have said "hi" if I had known you were there. I kept seeing a girl I thought looked familiar, but I don't know if it was you. Are you going to San Francisco show?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No San Fran for me. I wasn't online once I started packing Friday night and flew to Cali Sat. If I knew you were going, I would have definitely wanted to hook up and say hi at some point. You too, GoldenBraid!

Here's a pic of the set list I snagged, and the best pic I was able to take all night, without using a flash, holding the camera in my lap. They were VERY strict re: cameras - searching bags and making people return cameras to their cars. I think I only noticed one flash going off at the beginning of the show, and I didn't turn around to see what happened w/ that person.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sunbeam c r.jpg (42.6 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg Lindsey Buckingham 9-7-08 setlist c r.jpg (79.4 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by Livia; 09-09-2008 at 08:39 PM..
Old 09-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Ledgie

I noticed a lot of you are whining about Lindsey's setlist. I for one am thrilled he is touring at all. I have no complaints about his choices. I'm glad he has included Come this time around. I can't wait to hear him rock the house. In fact, I'd love it if he just played Come, I'm so Afraid, Tango in the Night, This is the Time, and Countdown all in a row on volume 11. Then take a breather and play Not that Funny, then do it all over again until my ears bleed! I'd go home deaf, but happy!
Old 09-10-2008, 05:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Regarding the photo of the setlist: I know I am not wrong that the real title is I Know I'm Not Wrong.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This thread has been hit 201 times since I posted, what I feel, is a pretty cool live picture and no one has anything to say but point out the typo on the set list?

Last edited by Livia; 09-10-2008 at 09:33 AM..
Old 09-10-2008, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't really give a damn about a typo on the setlist!

I did like the fact that you at least got one good pic of Lindsey ! Congrats to you !!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 09-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I get goosebumps EVERY time during DYMM when he takes the melody up a notch on the chorus at the end.
Thank Livia for the photos (esp. the set list) and commentary.

Can I ask a question -- When LB performed DYMM live, did he raise his voice an octave, speed up the melody or get louder on the chorus? (Maybe it's too hard to remember.)

You guys are so lucky to get to hear the first two concerts...when the performers are as excited as the audience is.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Thank Livia for the photos (esp. the set list) and commentary.

Can I ask a question -- When LB performed DYMM live, did he raise his voice an octave, speed up the melody or get louder on the chorus? (Maybe it's too hard to remember.)

You guys are so lucky to get to hear the first two concerts...when the performers are as excited as the audience is.
You're welcome, Betsy.

DYMM was pretty much like the studio version - he did raise his voice on the chorus at the end. Maybe not a whole octave, but it was very similar to the studio version.

Yeah, I like going to the first show of a tour. Now I can live vicariously through everyone else.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This thread has been hit 201 times since I posted, what I feel, is a pretty cool live picture and no one has anything to say but point out the typo on the set list?
Thats a pretty cool photo.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the photo! Complimentary colors

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
welcome to The Ledge

Thanks for the pic...verycool.