Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Saratoga Show Thread

Is anyone going tonight? Id love to be able to see the set. I hope we can get details back from someone at the show.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I will be there!
Old 09-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope you have a great time! I'm looking forward to seeing what the setlist for the tour will be.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden braid View Post
I will be there!
Please check in with us!!! Have a great time!
Old 09-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good Call Alicelover!

Wow...totally forgot. We're in September and the Boys are touring.

I am curious about the setlist too and any band banterings.

Go Golden Braid and have a pen and paper handy.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i'll be there my first of 10 on this tour, flown from australia for this....
Old 09-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG Lindsey is performing right now!!! In this atmosphere, at this time.....I am full of man love for HIMMM!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

full of man love, But i am straight, so i also have another kinda love that I keep only for Stevie...and Christine, if she decides to come back after she told me she was only "going out for a pack of cigarettes", and never came back, haha
Old 09-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Registered

Default Set list

Let us all know what the track listing is, k?
Old 09-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

welll what can i say........ except Incredible lets start by saying the man is a ****ing god end of story! the show was great the set-list blew me... just a few points that piss me off, generally stevie fans who come and dress like Dickheads, the majority of the crowd only getting excited for the hits, give some love to the other songs... oh and yeah this album is going to be flawless

the set list as i remember

Great day
Love Runs Deeper
Trouble
Go Insane (full band ****ing amazing)
tusk
i know im not wrong
gift of screws
ngba
big love
shut us down
under the skin
come
did you miss me
so afraid
gyow
shn
Dont look down
treason
time precious time

thats as best as i can remeber i may have missed some but the highlights were go insane, love runs deeper, gift of screws even though the vocal was a sample, and so afraid...
Old 09-08-2008, 12:46 AM
Registered

That looks great!

Go Insane full band?!? Shut Us Down/Under The Skin back to back? Only one OOTC song? Perfectly placed bathroom/concessions break song w/ Come?

Hope this stays intact for Portland on Wednesday!!
Old 09-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

why would you leave during come???
Old 09-08-2008, 12:54 AM
Registered

Good God this will rock! I'm glad he did "Don't Look Down". Was Go Insane the studio version?
Old 09-08-2008, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just got back from the show. JustCrazyLove gave us the setlist and has already expressed the excitement that's still got me a bit heady. World Turning was in the set too after Come.

I picked up a t-shirt at the door. It's black with the infamous GOS album cover on one side and a picture of Lindsey from the waist down ascending stairs on the other side. Really nice.

Lindsey emerged in a black shirt, black leather jacket and black jeans, which makes it totally different from the blue-jeaned UTS tour! He looked slimmer than he did for UTS, trim and tone.

Great Day and Love Runs Deeper sounded amazing. After LRD, Lindsey says that they were out supporting an album that . . . He paused and I mentioned that the album is "not out yet". He thought it was funny that I was right, that the album is not out yet. Yeah, I'm observant that way Linds. It's amusing to me that a guy with such a hard head has such good hearing in concert.

Later on in the evening he said that the album was coming out on September 16, he thought and asked the audience if he'd gotten that date right. Livia -- also in attendance, shouted "Yeah" confirming that he did have the right date and he acknowledged the answer. So, we felt well represented.

Lindsey said that many of us know he is from Palo Alto and mentioned that his family was there that night. He said he loved them all very much.

Just Crazy Love is right that "Go Insane" sounded incredible with a full band. It was the highlight of the evening for me, vibrant with the extra vocals and Lindsey mimicking the "go insane" echoing chant from the album. Delicious.

Gift of Screws ROCKED. A few songs afterwards, he mentioned that Gift of Screws was actually from an Emily Dickinson song and so the title is not as rude as it sounds. He said it's actually about the struggle of making perfume.

He talked about writing Big Love in 1987, which, he recalls, was not the best time in his personal life or in the lives of other band members. He mentioned that we probably knew about that, with a laugh. And he said his life has changed now that he has married and had 3 years. He can't believe it's been 20 years.
Back then, he wasn't singing just about "looking" for love. He was "looking out" for love as in guarding against it. But luckily he says, that's not true anymore.

For Did You Miss Me, he says it's the lead song off of the new album, but wonders if it should even be called a single. He said he doesn't think that term applies to him anymore. After all he says, he didn't see anyone doing a DYMM video did he? But, still, he says the song has been getting some radio airplay, even if it's not really a "single."

It was good to hear Don't Look Down, but when we told him we wanted something off of OTTC, I think we expected to get more than just that.

Time Precious Time is the only new song that didn't work for me. I know he likes to play it because of the intricate guitar work. It seems to have almost a mandarin flavor. But I'm not really into it.

He ended with Treason, which I think would have been a great anthem song, the kind that would have caught on with the public and been a rousing, singalong, show closer, if it had been released in the eighties. I liked it. Great Day, Love Runs Deeper, GOS, DYMM and Treason really make me excited for this new album.

Great man, great show. Fate takes time and watching Lindsey evolve these last decades has been well worth the wait. I feel delighted anew each time I see him and for different reasons. If I needed to be amazed, I was.

Michele

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 09-08-2008 at 01:42 AM..
Old 09-08-2008, 04:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, that is an awesome set list. If he had left off I'm So Afraid I would have been happier though.