Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-21-2003, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Right, and if she showed up wearing a thong and pasties, you'd be right there supporting her right to do that!

Not sure what to say about that
one But since we all know she is emotionally bonded to The Dress,we don't have to worry too much do we?

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 04-21-2003, 04:08 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 04-21-2003, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by thewhitewingedd
Why do I want to know???.....I'm just plain nosey....
LMAO - Me too - although I could give a rat's ass one way or the other!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-21-2003, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

First of all, I wouldn't stop liking her music because of what she decided to wear. It doesn't change the music. HOWEVER...

If someone goes out into public wearing a murdered creature, they should be asked why they are wearing it and should be required to answer. No matter how you slice it, there is no justification for wearing an animal that was murdered to protect your ass from a lousy 40 degree cold front. It's wrong and immoral. Just think about what that animal had to go through physically for Stevie to be able to get up there and be warm. If you think it's okay and justified, you're wrong. There is no right or wrong, only wrong.

For those that think this is trivial, how would you like it if an animal captured you, beat you, and then proceeded to skin your hide? My guess is that you wouldn't be happy unless you were a masochist. Any life is not trivial, be it human or animal. BUT, our society has become so desensitized to the fact that killing is okay. Think about the things you say before you speak them.

And Ted Nugent IS a moron.
Old 04-21-2003, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To add well needed levity to this tired thread, let just say I LMAO when I saw a VW van from the 70's tyhe other day with a bumper sticker that read "Ban Fur not Babies!!!" coupled with a bumper sticker that read "Ban the Bomb, not the Baby!!!"

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-21-2003, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Forget the fur, what I wanna know is

WhyTF was she wearing a brown coat with black pants and black shoes?!

Come ON, Stevie. Sheebus.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah
Forget the fur, what I wanna know is

WhyTF was she wearing a brown coat with black pants and black shoes?!

Come ON, Stevie. Sheebus.
LMFAO I was trying to ignore that since I was preaching earlier that it is only the performance and music that counts..... but that was driving me up the damn wall. It's a stretch but I was hoping that it was actually a navy blue pant suit and shoes. That would be the only thing to justify it. And then she tied it all together with a pink scarf
Old 04-21-2003, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by SmthngOfADreamr
LMFAO I was trying to ignore that since I was preaching earlier that it is only the performance and music that counts..... but that was driving me up the damn wall. It's a stretch but I was hoping that it was actually a navy blue pant suit and shoes. That would be the only thing to justify it. And then she tied it all together with a pink scarf

NO justifying it.

That was black with brown.

She could have done the scarf and the black.. but the scarf on the brown on the black? Uh uh. No no. And you know.. It's not like she doesn't HAVE a black coat. I think this was just bad designing. Stevie Nicks wore brown with black and pink. What's the world coming to?
Old 04-21-2003, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That was black with brown.

LMAO...since this is not as controversial as the whole fur thing,i have to comment,lol.Has she gone color blind or what?? WHO let's her go out in public like that?? Good Christ woman,my 5 year old cousin can dress better than you! She's damn lucky she is cute and can sing,that is all i have to say..cause if she wasn't someone in NYC might have taken a shot at her,lol....

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 04-21-2003, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default sable

The sable coat with the black slacks & shoes... I don't really consider it
a faux pas... That scarf on the other hand... We KNOW she has ALOT more
prettier ones in her massive collection
Old 04-21-2003, 09:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

The real faux pas was the dead animal she was wearing, not mixing brown with black with pink. We sit here saying she can wear whatever she wants, yet laugh our asses off at her color choices?
Old 04-21-2003, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by MACFAN
We sit here saying she can wear whatever she wants, yet laugh our asses off at her color choices?
Yep
Old 04-21-2003, 09:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Well said Dissention. I satrted this whole thread thinking there would be other caring individuals out there. Go to a Stevie show and half the audience is balling cuz she singing about love and loyalty. We as humans have a loyalty to these animals who have no voice and cannot protect themselves. Fur wearing is vain and stupid. Would I rather be driving a Focus instead of my Infinity of course not. But a car is not alive , it does not breath or have feelings. And It certainly doesnt feel pain when it is rammed into a wall.

Oh yeah my best frind has a Focus
Old 04-21-2003, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Originally posted by dissention
First of all, I wouldn't stop liking her music because of what she decided to wear. It doesn't change the music. HOWEVER...

If someone goes out into public wearing a murdered creature, they should be asked why they are wearing it and should be required to answer. No matter how you slice it, there is no justification for wearing an animal that was murdered to protect your ass from a lousy 40 degree cold front. It's wrong and immoral. Just think about what that animal had to go through physically for Stevie to be able to get up there and be warm. If you think it's okay and justified, you're wrong. There is no right or wrong, only wrong.

For those that think this is trivial, how would you like it if an animal captured you, beat you, and then proceeded to skin your hide? My guess is that you wouldn't be happy unless you were a masochist. Any life is not trivial, be it human or animal. BUT, our society has become so desensitized to the fact that killing is okay. Think about the things you say before you speak them.

And Ted Nugent IS a moron.

I think it's great that people feel so pasionately about this, but morality is subjective. To say something is moraly wrong is to imply that your morals are the standard. This is a big world, and there are many cultures and belief systems that do not comply with our own, as a country or personally. To say that someone should be required to answer to anyone who asks them why they wear anything is ridiculous just because you don't like it. If someone came up to me on the streat and said "Excuse me, but what gives you the right to wear that" I would reply "I'm sorry, but I missed the part where you explained why it was any of your business". This is America, so you do have the right to express that you don't like something, but as long as someone isn't breaking the law (remember, moral law is subjective unless you have a red phone that dials God direct) then no one is "required" to explain their actions to anyone. I don't really buy the "desensitized" comment about killing in regards to fur trapping or wearing. If anything, we have become super sensitized to these type of things. Since man began walking on two feet we have primarily been a carnivorous, skin/fur wearing people. I think that people should understand eachothers differences, and respect them rather than just try to change them. Passion is great, but not when it deteriorates into a false sense of moral supremacy.
Old 04-21-2003, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

wearing fur isn't right at all.. i haven't seen anyone condone it here... i don't think that's the issue. it's definitely sad to think that an innocent creature died for the making of a coat in an age where synthetics are readily available.

i certainly wouldn't do it - my grandmother has furs, and i remember a mink stole that scared the **** out of me when i was little; especially after i learned that it was once a living animal.

however. even though i feel it is wrong and that i would never wear REAL fur, i can't say that stevie can't or shouldn't - (even though i feel she shouldn't because its wrong to kill animals for vanity) - because her convictions are not my own.

the fur coat is a little.. 1975 anyway.. i didn't realize that was still "fashionable." (the brown on black certainly wasnt fashionable.)
Old 04-21-2003, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah

the fur coat is a little.. 1975 anyway.. i didn't realize that was still "fashionable." (the brown on black certainly wasnt fashionable.)
I think the idea was that it was so unbelievably cold, she just ransacked the depths of her wardrobe and put on anything she could find The fur probably hasn't been worn since 1975

A bit OT, but Lindsey must have been wearing about three layers of thermals!