Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-03-2015, 06:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Agreeing with cascade13

"Twisted" was a great piece of work from Lindsey and Stevie. That would've been great on a post-Dance 5 member album. And if we could get songs from Christine like "Over and Over" on the possibly coming album I'd be glad. She really shines on Tusk.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
"Twisted" was a great piece of work from Lindsey
Yes Stevie was so happy with LB's work on "Twisted" that she re-recorded it and put it on "24 Karat Gold".

Wonder what LB thinks of that? She might be sending him a message.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Yes Stevie was so happy with LB's work on "Twisted" that she re-recorded it and put it on "24 Karat Gold".

a message that she doesn't want to work on any new music with him? i think he got that one, repeatedly.

so in your opinion, why doesn't she have the courage to actually make a clean break and leave the band you obviously think she so loathes to be a part of?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-03-2015, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think that any new album from Fleetwood Mac will sound a lot like Tango in the Night

I say this because it will have a stack of excellent Lindsey/Christine collaborations, some ground-breaking Christine songs, some esoteric guitar-oriented songs from Lindsey and three short, sweet songs from Stevie which will be love it or hate it songs.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It should either sound like Tusk or like a Bryan Ferry album.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post

I don't understand the assumption that Stevie recorded a new version of Twisted as a signal that she didn't like Lindsey's arrangement.

Lindsey and Stevie recorded it as a duet, featured on a sound track album. Soundtrack albums usually have a short shelf-life fall into obscurity. Even between that version, the demo version on her Enchanted box set, the song still remains rather obscure. I think Stevie's intentions were entirely benevolent; she wanted give the song more exposure by featuring it on her album as a solo number, and not as a slight/message to Lindsey. It was a similar situation when she re-recorded Crystal as a solo song. I can't imagine Lindsey seeing it as some sort of protest against him. That seems silly and juvenile.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-04-2015 at 02:32 AM..
Old 01-04-2015, 02:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
It should either sound like Tusk or like a Bryan Ferry album.
I support a little bit of both! Bryan Ferry? I would have never thought of him.

Tango in the Night is great for what it is, but I hope they go a little more organic, warm and earthy. Lindsey, take your hands off the sound effects buttons!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-04-2015 at 02:23 AM..
Old 01-04-2015, 02:42 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I support a little bit of both! Bryan Ferry? I would have never thought of him.

Tango in the Night is great for what it is, but I hope they go a little more organic, warm and earthy. Lindsey, take your hands off the sound effects buttons!

I agree with this so much! They don't need so many added effects to sound incredible. Going a bit stripped back would be a nice change.

Last edited by Lisa W; 01-04-2015 at 02:45 AM..
Old 01-04-2015, 03:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It should sound like Fleetwood Mac.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I don't understand the assumption that Stevie recorded a new version of Twisted as a signal that she didn't like Lindsey's arrangement.

Lindsey and Stevie recorded it as a duet, featured on a sound track album. Soundtrack albums usually have a short shelf-life fall into obscurity. Even between that version, the demo version on her Enchanted box set, the song still remains rather obscure. I think Stevie's intentions were entirely benevolent; she wanted give the song more exposure by featuring it on her album as a solo number, and not as a slight/message to Lindsey. It was a similar situation when she re-recorded Crystal as a solo song. I can't imagine Lindsey seeing it as some sort of protest against him. That seems silly and juvenile.
Easier to believe Stevie is stuck in a playground mentality apparently... There's the slightest hint of 'I like the demo better' in this comment below she made on iHeart Radio but I do think the primary reason for re-recording was to finally have a version on a proper album of hers so it would gain more exposure and be heard more. She was very stuck on the idea that people had missed the song (and particularly the MEANING) when she wrote about it for Enchanted.

"‘Twisted’ was written in 1995 for a movie called ‘Twister’ and I was actually approached to write it for this movie. So I kinda, uh, I went and saw the movie without any music in it and really, uh, you know, got the gist of what these crazy people do when they follow these tornadoes around in cars and, um, are almost killed, and why they do it is to protect us and to be able, you know, warn the, uh, American public or wherever that there’s a tornado coming. And, um, so, it was pretty, you know, pretty violent and scary and so I went and I wrote this song called ‘Twisted’ and, um, uh, I recorded it with Lindsey for the movie and, uh, we did a, uh, you know, we did a movie version of this song. And, um, years and years later - like a couple of months ago - I was listening to, uh, some demos and the ‘Twister’ demo that I had originally made in my house in Phoenix, um, came on and at first I didn’t recognize it because it’s very, very different than the version that went in the movie. And I just went like, I just love this song and I think song deserves another chance because I think any song that goes into a movie - unless it’s a huge, you know, unless it’s like a, you know, Terminator movie or something - is gonna be heard, seen for a second and never thought of again. So I thought this song deserves to be re—recorded and re-done and so I just decided that it should be on this record. So I took it with me to Nashville and, of course, they did it exactly like my demo which I loved because that’s the way I really always wanted it to be, anyway. And it’s, you know, it’s not just a song about tornadoes; it’s a song about when a man or a woman comes into your life and they are a tornado and they almost just wipe you out and, uh, so it’s, it is a love song. And it’s kind of a crazy love song and, um, I’m very proud of it because it is so much what I always wanted it to be and I hope everybody, you know, everybody has their ‘She Loves Him Still’ and everybody has their tornado. So, this is for all the tornadoes in peoples’ lives that are actually human."

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 01-04-2015, 06:11 PM

^^^^ Thanks for the quote... I think that's more than a hint.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just listened to the new version and was underwelmed. The movie version was epic by comparison.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-04-2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I just listened to the new version and was underwelmed. The movie version was epic by comparison.
It's not a great tune. I was so excited to buy it because I thought the B/N revisited thing would make the music come alive. It sure did not. Having said that, the 24K is so generic compared to the B/N version.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-04-2015 at 07:47 PM..
Old 01-04-2015, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
^^^^ Thanks for the quote... I think that's more than a hint.
It seems far from being a dig toward Lindsey. She didn't say she disliked the duo version; she just loves the song and wanted to revisit it and tweak it to sound more like the demo. I hear absolutely no hint of spiteful drama in her explanation.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-04-2015 at 09:59 PM..
Old 01-04-2015, 09:36 PM

Quote:
It's far from being a dig toward Lindsey. She didn't say she disliked the duo version; she just loves the song and wanted to revisit it and tweak it to sound more like the demo. I hear absolutely no hint of spiteful drama in her explanation.
Don't really see it as a dig towards Lindsey, those are perhaps your thoughts. Nicole simply said, "There's the slightest hint of 'I like the demo better' in this comment below"

I agreed.