The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the greatest hits should be just Lindsey/Stevie singles during which Lindsey/Stevie were around, including BN singles ... and maybe even including "Twister".

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I think the greatest hits should be just Lindsey/Stevie singles during which Lindsey/Stevie were around, including BN singles ... and maybe even including "Twister".
Would probably never happen since Christine had as many top 20 singles in Fleetwood Mac as Lindsey and Stevie combined and if you go top 40 she beats them 10 to 8.Although at this point I would think most of the casual boomer fans that the hits collections are geared toward are pretty well saturated .Leaving only the diehards (us) who they presume will buy anything.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But if it's going to be about Lindsey/Stevie solo songs, they should include some Chris songs too. Temporary One, or another from her solo career that she performed with the band, or not. Temporary One is not a bad choice, is recent, is new, but I don't know if they should ask Chris for her songs, reading again that she has nothing to do with that FM will do in 2013.
Regards!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah....we can FINALLY have "Ricky" on CD!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It just irks the hell out of me that every time Fleetwood Mac talks about touring it becomes a "reunion tour". They really never went away or SAID they were broken up...they're just on hiatus. Coming back from a hiatus is NOT a "reunion". Now, if Peter Green & Jeremy Spencer were on board, or if Christine decided to finally get out of town & join up, then yeah, it's a reunion. But, just Mick, John, Lindsey & Stevie (and the "add-ons")? It doesn't qualify as a "reunion", it's just their next band project after an extended break for solo work.

The only FMac tour in the past 30 years that qualifies as a "reunion tour" is 1997's The Dance tour. Other than that, no.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
It just irks the hell out of me that every time Fleetwood Mac talks about touring it becomes a "reunion tour". They really never went away or SAID they were broken up...they're just on hiatus. Coming back from a hiatus is NOT a "reunion". Now, if Peter Green & Jeremy Spencer were on board, or if Christine decided to finally get out of town & join up, then yeah, it's a reunion. But, just Mick, John, Lindsey & Stevie (and the "add-ons")? It doesn't qualify as a "reunion", it's just their next band project after an extended break for solo work.

The only FMac tour in the past 30 years that qualifies as a "reunion tour" is 1997's The Dance tour. Other than that, no.
This always annoys me as well. I guess it is to make it more of a big deal in the press, but it certainly doesn't make any sense. It should just say "Fleetwood Mac to tour again in 2013!" Though reunite does mean, "come together or cause to come together again after a period of separation or disunity," and under that definition, calling it a reunion tour isn't necessarily wrong, just misleading.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down ANOTHER greatest hits album?

No thanks! I will pass on this one.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWall View Post
This always annoys me as well. I guess it is to make it more of a big deal in the press, but it certainly doesn't make any sense. It should just say "Fleetwood Mac to tour again in 2013!" Though reunite does mean, "come together or cause to come together again after a period of separation or disunity," and under that definition, calling it a reunion tour isn't necessarily wrong, just misleading.
I feel exactly the same. Every time the band gets together the media deems it a reunion - the inference being that the band had broken up. They can't grasp the dynamics of how the band works.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-17-2012 at 04:38 PM..
Old 10-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
But if it's going to be about Lindsey/Stevie solo songs, they should include some Chris songs too. Temporary One, or another from her solo career that she performed with the band, or not. Temporary One is not a bad choice, is recent, is new, but I don't know if they should ask Chris for her songs, reading again that she has nothing to do with that FM will do in 2013.
Regards!
I prefer that they not perform any of Christine's songs. I didn't like the Lindsey/Stevie version of Don't Stop. I rather hear/see them perform the songs they wrote. This is essentially the Buckingham Nicks era of the band. In my twisted perspective, it shows respect not to attempt to cover her songs: the results will be a poor comparison to the originals.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I would be thrilled beyond words if Buckingham Nicks could actually work together and just let the magic happen. But egos, emotions, jealousy, contempt, anger, and resentment would hav't be banished from all reality as we know it.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
No thanks! I will pass on this one.
Dido, pass gas
Old 10-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Dido, pass gas
How do Dido's gastrointestinal habits figure in this thread?

Old 10-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
How do Dido's gastrointestinal habits figure in this thread?
Guess they'd rather listen to an album of Dido's latest gastrointestinal releases (perhaps entitled "Say You Go"?) rather than yet another
"Greatest Hits" retread.

Can't say I blame them.

Damn, this is the last thing I should be commenting on given my username.

Last edited by Dr.Brown; 10-17-2012 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: Irony
Old 10-17-2012, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
Guess they'd rather listen to an album of Dido's latest gastrointestinal releases (perhaps entitled "Say You Go"?) rather than yet another
"Greatest Hits" retread.

Can't say I blame them.

Damn, this is the last thing I should be commenting on given my username.
Right ..you might easily be mistaken for a proctologist.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Regards!
I would KILL for a studio version of Temporary One!