User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
I remember a dumb blonde (was it the same one?) asking me if I were from Texas.....England.
No Christy, I think it was a different dumb blonde to her (there were so many to choose from! )

What a thing to say though... Remember Bill Murray in Groundhog Day? "Morons, your bus is leaving"... I so wanted to say that.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
No Christy, I think it was a different dumb blonde to her (there were so many to choose from! )

What a thing to say though... Remember Bill Murray in Groundhog Day? "Morons, your bus is leaving"... I so wanted to say that.
I've never seen GD, just parts on TV here and there, but hee!

I almost put "so many to choose from"...but didn't. Thank you, J. LOL Seteca was hot for the Texas, England chick.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Seteca was hot for the Texas, England chick.
Oh her? Yes I remember now. I remember her name too (although I won't mention it here just in case!) She was from California. I couldn't decide what to look at, her or LB's guitars... Typically I chose the guitars.. Typically he chose the blonde...
Old 03-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
The problem with Beethoven was that he just wouldn't LISTEN to anyone.
(sort of like Gerald)
YEAH!

Ludwig and I are fighting against
the listener of listeners

duh.

Last edited by shackin'up; 03-25-2006 at 01:50 PM..
Old 03-26-2006, 08:10 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
Well this is a great thread. Lots of good interaction and no petulance unlike another popular forum here.

If I could use an analogy to sum up what these guys mentioned mean to me then it might make more sense. This is something Chris Rea used to describe himself in the business and I think it works.

Eric Clapton is to me Coca Cola. He's very popular, sells millions and has been a major brand name for decades. I love coke, I can't go for long periods without cracking a can open and enjoying that taste. But Coca Cola is very mainstream and you know that when you buy a can it will taste like all the previous ones you have drunk. But if you like it (and millions do) then you enjoy it. It's a predictable but very enjoyable experience. It can be semi addictive.

David Gilmour to me is like coffee. Most people would argue it tastes better with milk (milk being Roger Waters) but drunk neat it has a strong and rich flavour that tastes very different from a cappucino but not any less pleasant. His earlier solo work, like Lindsey, is experimental and to me considered a double shot of espresso. It's not as popular as cappucino but it's a great experience if you take the plunge.

Lindsey Buckingham is to me like absinthe. Very strong and individual. I don't drink it often but when the mood takes me I have to have a hit of the stuff. It's frowned upon in the mainstream drinks industry but is rarely understood. It's not advised to take in too much in one go but when you do it's like nothing else. Experts will tell you it's a fine drink with a very agreeable flavour but the side effects can be quite extreme. You can take it in the acceptable form with water and sugar (Mac and Nicks) and get away with it without being labelled a nutjob. If you however choose to take it neat it's far more potent and you are likely to get strange looks from the masses.

Mark Knopfler is to me like Hot Chocolate. Rich and smooth, very mellow and not offensive. Great to chill out to and can be used to send you to sleep before bedtime.

Peter Green. Peter is like Jack Daniels to me. My favorite drink. Sometimes you can mix it with coke (Eric) but taken straight it's a full, strong flavour with sends fire to my heart. It's important not to drink too much but to treat it with respect and drink it when the mood and time allows. Although it's great in public, you can sit back at home, pour a JD and immerse yourself in the moment. It chills me out.
haha man thats so funny, yet true.