Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-09-2005, 06:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
Allright, just a few first questions that come to mind:
- backing band? Who, how many guitarists, backing vocals.. anyone we know already etcetera
- arrangements of the songs? Anything new or completely different? Well, I read a bit about that already. But I want more
- best and worst? Over all, was it brilliant, godawful, mediocre.. what?
- What was he wearing?

Brett Tuggle, Taku and Neal Haywood were there.

I can't really tell overall about the show because reception was not the best.

LB had on white t-shirt, black leather jacket and black jeans.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Brett Tuggle, Taku and Neal Haywood were there.

I can't really tell overall about the show because reception was not the best.

LB had on white t-shirt, black leather jacket and black jeans.
That was all or did he have the whole OOTC guitar-army with him again?

Leather. Wrrwl

thanks!
Old 09-09-2005, 06:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

wowzer, i loved lindsey's soundstage, he was fabulous, but was there any doubt?~ i love the song choices & thought he looked so happy to see people there to hear "him" solo~ it is on again today at noon, i can't wait to see it again!!!~ lindsey rocks!!!~
Old 09-09-2005, 06:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
That was all or did he have the whole OOTC guitar-army with him again?

Leather. Wrrwl

thanks!
That was all. Maybe one other person that I am forgetting. No guitar army at all. Completely different. This was LB stripped.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
two part harmonies we did"-Lindsey to Stevie after Stevie's lil' impromptu vocal of a classic "Buckingham/Nicks" track...
this part was so delish!!! ~ i was squealing SQWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!~
Old 09-09-2005, 07:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That was all. Maybe one other person that I am forgetting. No guitar army at all. Completely different. This was LB stripped.

Don't do that to me!

But seriously, ahum, I like that, just a small band.
Seems he's been reading these boards perhaps since discontent with the massive backing band of the SYW tour was outed a lot.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Let me see...

In editing, I guess, they did something very funky with the sound of the audience. Perhaps it was drowning out LB's vocals but the only time you heard the applause or screams from the audience was between songs and you SEE the audience going nuts several times during the performance but hear nothing. I found that kind of weird and I actually think--even if it interfered a bit with the vocals, they should have left it in. That's what feeds the performance and that was the natural response so...why take it out?

I loved it but it took me a couple of minutes of getting used to Lindsey in a semi-unplugged version. I really loved the Night of 1000 Guitars sound of the OOTC tour (I didn't see any of them...just through boots) so this was very different.

He looked yummy in his leather. Brett Tuggle was wearing leather, too, and making the weird sounds on Murrow;-) Taku was his usual cutey-pie self and Neal was looking good, too, but I can't give you his fashion report because I didn't really notice. He was sitting on a stool with his guitar most of the time.

They seemed to have cropped out a lot of Lindsey's earlier speeches and I think the performance became "warmer," when they let him make his intros in his own way. No cycles, but you did get the forgiveness speech, the gods (not God-God, but like gods in the clouds looking out at this experiment ;-) speech and the justice-force speech. I've missed those!

Murrow was a bit strange live. I think he pulls some of the guitar work straight from I'm So Afraid on that one but I kind of liked it. It's odd but the recorded version is odd, too. Red Rover was fun (and wasn't that supposed to be like the first time he ever sang it live? it wasn't in the SYW tour yet at that point--because, on that one, you do hear a big cheer from the audience before they cut out the sound). Trouble unplugged was another odd thing but pretty. Oh, he did Down on Rodeo, which had that pretty little voice of his doing nice things toward the end of the song (aren't you glad I'm getting all technical on you?)

I could have actually done without GYOW. I really wanted to hear Save Me a Place but that's what the DVD is for, I guess.

He introduced Stevie as someone he's known since he was 17. She came out and they did Never Going Back Again...then she did the two lines from Frozen Love with lots of smiles going back and forth (they both have SUCH nice smiles which were a bit underused in this hour but that's okay. I know Rock Stars aren't supposed to exercise those facial muscles much when they are on the TV--I watch that INXS show;-) And during Say Goodbye, I had a little emergency I had to take care of and had to keep running back and forth down the hall but when I watched the tape later, it was fabulous.

There was an oriental carpet under his feet, he said he enjoyed working in front of a smaller group of like-minded people (I think that's what he said) and that's all I can remember off the bat.

I want to see the whole thing and I'd really LOVE to see a less edited version of the whole thing with the audience reactions left in, the double takes, etc.

I worked for a PBS station at one time. If I still did, I'd be mighty tempted to track down a big shot and ask him why they only scheduled the show once in NYC--at 1 AM no less. I wonder if they so much as aired a commercial for it. I highly doubt it, somehow.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
I worked for a PBS station at one time. If I still did, I'd be mighty tempted to track down a big shot and ask him why they only scheduled the show once in NYC--at 1 AM no less. I wonder if they so much as aired a commercial for it. I highly doubt it, somehow.

Same for Buffalo - except I have to wait until October 8th at 1am. I'm sure I will order the DVD anyway, so no big deal I suppose. I just hope Ledgies in other nations get to see this.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh I hope I'll see this one day. Regina, you have me drooling! (Not over you but I guess you understand )That is one great review, thanks so much
Old 09-09-2005, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi all

Does anyone know if a torrent file is available yet. I have already ordered the DVD but just cant wait till October 4th. We dont get PBS in Ireland.

paul
Old 09-09-2005, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
I saw a brief shot of the Welsh Witch, Patty!

I am shocked there are not more replies to this thread. The Frozen Love bit was adorable and unexpected and I love Lindsey's candid, relaxed smile.

Favorites....Trouble, SGCYM, Murrow and Down on Rodeo. Maybe after more people have seen it, we can discuss DoR? It sounded like it had alot of harmony added in the background to me. It couldnt have sounded like that live, did it? It sounded GREAT! Murrow sounded awesome as well, there was something about the way he was singing, maybe it was more clearly than the album, but it rocked!
I would discuss it, but it hasn't aired here yet.

Old 09-09-2005, 09:18 AM
Junior Ledgie

what is the link to order the cd. I didn't see it on the soundstage website. thanks
Old 09-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi

The link to buy the DVD for the show is below

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd

Regards
Old 09-09-2005, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The more I read about it, the more I want it!!!! Too bad they cut the audience during the songs, though
Old 09-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Heart Wooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
No guitar army at all. Completely different. This was LB stripped.
Thank God for no guitar army! Sorry, that was my least fave thing about the OOTC tour Centerstage show. I know that's what he wanted, but I want, in the words of Pattie...LB stripped.