Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-28-2018, 04:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default "Neil and Liam Finn on fatherhood, Fleetwood Mac and finally collaborating"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-2...ether/10168210

ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) news website
August 28, 2018

[...]

Plans for the album were disrupted by some unexpected news
The making of and touring plans for Lightsleeper hit a bit of a snag when, in April, Neil was announced as the replacement for guitarist Lindsey Buckingham in Fleetwood Mac.

The news caused a stir among music fans and industry figures — a legendary British-American band kicking out a prominent member and replacing him with a legendary (although less famous) antipodean musician.

But it also meant Neil could spend time with Liam, who lives in Los Angeles, while rehearsing with his new bandmates ahead of a North American Fleetwood Mac tour that starts in October.

"It's great — a little gift that came my way around my 60th birthday," Neil says.

"To learn another repertoire of songs is good for my brain plasticity."

Neil says he has no trepidation about how Fleetwood diehards will react when he finally takes the stage.

"I just think, I was enjoying my life before it happened. If it all turned to **** overnight I'd just go back to that quite happily."

There will be some nerves when the first show rolls around, he says, "but I also think they picked me because they saw something in me that would fit with them and I find an affinity with their songs".

[...]
Old 08-28-2018, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-2...ether/10168210

ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) news website
August 28, 2018

[...]

Plans for the album were disrupted by some unexpected news
The making of and touring plans for Lightsleeper hit a bit of a snag when, in April, Neil was announced as the replacement for guitarist Lindsey Buckingham in Fleetwood Mac.

The news caused a stir among music fans and industry figures — a legendary British-American band kicking out a prominent member and replacing him with a legendary (although less famous) antipodean musician.

But it also meant Neil could spend time with Liam, who lives in Los Angeles, while rehearsing with his new bandmates ahead of a North American Fleetwood Mac tour that starts in October.

"It's great — a little gift that came my way around my 60th birthday," Neil says.

"To learn another repertoire of songs is good for my brain plasticity."

Neil says he has no trepidation about how Fleetwood diehards will react when he finally takes the stage.

"I just think, I was enjoying my life before it happened. If it all turned to **** overnight I'd just go back to that quite happily."

There will be some nerves when the first show rolls around, he says, "but I also think they picked me because they saw something in me that would fit with them and I find an affinity with their songs".

[...]
I am sure he is nervous if he’s reading anything on Facebook or these message boards. I for one can’t wait. I think they are going to have a refreshed sound and be in a happier place without the drama they’ve been going through for the past 35 or 40 years. I truly enjoy his voice and I think it will mesh well with the two ladies.