The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Do You Want To See The Eagles Tour With Fleetwood Mac?
Yes 41 28.47%
No 103 71.53%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2010, 02:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Interestingly, as far as being repeated, this story didn't get a fraction of the publicity that the Sheryl Crow thing did. Even Stevie saying Lindsay Lohan couldn't play her in a movie got more repeat coverage than this joint tour news.

Michele
Old 01-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Interestingly, as far as being repeated, this story didn't get a fraction of the publicity that the Sheryl Crow thing did. Even Stevie saying Lindsay Lohan couldn't play her in a movie got more repeat coverage than this joint tour news.
Well, in those cases, we had actual published quotes from the relevant principals. Of course, its not like a quote from Azoff in the LiveDaily blurb would have set the news world on fire.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Looks like all they did was have some preliminary discussions and held dates at some stadiums (something that needs to be planned far in advance, especially baseball stadiums- not necessarily a sign the date would ever happen). Never has there been so much discussion centered around a single (planted) story.
And for all we know, that may have not have even happened. Although I am a Mac fan, I haven't followed them that closely so I don't know how they operate. However, one thing I have learned about being an Eagles fan is not to believe anything you hear until you have an official announcement. Time and time again, there is often misinformation and unreliable sources. Hell - half the time even the band members don't know what's going on.

Anyway, as I said earlier in this thread, I have mixed feelings about this. I think it would have been really cool to have seen the two bands on the same stage, especially if there had been an encore where they shared the stage. But, in the end, I think I would rather spend my money on seeing them perform a full set on their own.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Yep. The only "confirmation" that's worth anything comes from the people themselves. That's true of any fandom.

Last edited by sodascouts; 01-14-2010 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: cut unnecessary sentence.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Amen to that, Luke.

There's a saying in Eagles circles (and I think we've said it here before) that nothing is a fact in Eagleland until it is.

Like you said, they were holding stadiums (as we heard from a quite reliable source). Our guess right now is that....

The deal fell through for whatever reasons. Heard a few days ago about some of the dates the Eagles are planning for the west coast this summer and it just didn't make sense that they'd do the Mac dates and these other ones in the same general area.

or....

The deal is still on and Timothy was told to downplay it. His actual quote about calling Azoff is interesting. This wouldn't be the first time that a member of the band has denied something knowing full well that it was actually happening.

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
You can't call off something that was never on.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:41 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenleyFan View Post
The deal fell through for whatever reasons. Heard a few days ago about some of the dates the Eagles are planning for the west coast this summer and it just didn't make sense that they'd do the Mac dates and these other ones in the same general area.
I was thinking the exact same thing. They've yet to play anywhere in Northern California on their '08-'09-'10 tour; I wouldn't be surprised if they used that SF/AT&T Park date originally held for the double bill for themselves.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sooo

Rumours Redux. Never saw it happening myself as there were just too many egos "too busy trying to be fabulous" to deal with. Would have been nice though. As I pointed out before, chat forums and even legit-media sources seldom know the inside story although a lot of them claim to. Go figure. Gossip/Rumours seem to be the coin of the realm when it comes to appearing to "know" a/the rock stars. Now we have it straight from the source.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal
Old 01-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

In the rush to bash us for having sources you don't believe we have, you seem to have forgotten that Timothy said the tour with FM had indeed been discussed, but now wasn't happening. So it's not like everyone just made this up, as you seem to be saying.

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
Rumours Redux. Never saw it happening myself as there were just too many egos "too busy trying to be fabulous" to deal with. Would have been nice though. As I pointed out before, chat forums and even legit-media sources seldom know the inside story although a lot of them claim to. Go figure. Gossip/Rumours seem to be the coin of the realm when it comes to appearing to "know" a/the rock stars. Now we have it straight from the source.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal
Old 01-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenleyFan View Post
In the rush to bash us for having sources you don't believe we have, you seem to have forgotten that Timothy said the tour with FM had indeed been discussed, but now wasn't happening. So it's not like everyone just made this up, as you seem to be saying.

All I said was I never thought that a MAC/Eagles tour would, in the final analysis, happen and that fan-based chat forums and the legit media are full of fans/writers who want to "appear" to have inside info-for a variety of reasons (thus coin of the realm.) And, I stand by the observation.

Also, for the record, in my post, I did not bash (to attack or abuse with words) anyone (fan/chat-forum or writer) in particular so I have no idea what "us" you are referring to in your reply and I also never said the "Stadium Seventies Super-Group Tour" was never internally "discussed." But, if you think that I implied that the principles involved did not "discuss" their tour intentions with outsiders (non-band members) then yes you are absolutely right. Why would they? Seriously.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal
Old 01-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Junior Ledgie

Well, in this case, there doesn’t seem to be any dispute that there were some discussions about this tour as originally reported in the LiveDaily article last month. But I agree that, in general, we should be suspect of anyone who claims to have reliable inside information about the Eagles.

As someone who is very anal, I have kinda been “keeping track” of all of the information, rumors, and speculation, etc. that has circulated around the Eagles’ internet fan community for the past several years. You know – the kind of things like whenever fans say that they have information from a “reliable” source, or a source “close to the band”, or a band “insider”. The truth is that over 95% of the time, that type of “information” turns out to be incorrect. That has led me to conclude that there is no such thing as a reliable source for Eagles information. Unless or until, I hear it directly from the band’s management or an official announcement is made, I am reluctant to trust anything I hear. As I said earlier, even some of the band members themselves have given out “misinformation” on more than one occasion. Those who think they know what’s going on with the band, including those “insiders”, are just kidding themselves, IMHO. Now, I hope this doesn’t get interpreted as an attempt to bash anyone because that is not the intent – it’s just my general observation as I see it based on past experience.

Last edited by freyfanatic; 01-15-2010 at 09:44 PM..
Old 01-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just heard on the radio today,after they played, Stevie's EO17 the jock mention Eagles/FM tour rumour thing,he did not say much more about it as we know on here and and the Eagles fans forums.He said it would be nice to see the combo tour together,this would be like the bowl tours back in the 70's,
will i'm wondering the jocks are surfing the net and land on these forums.

Did anyone here anything on the radio about this tour
on your local radio stations?

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Did anyone here anything on the radio about this tour
on your local radio stations?
One of the jocks on Q104.3 in NY mentioned it about a week and a half ago. He was all for it, saying how great it would be to see both bands at the same time.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry, I haven't read this whole thread, but I heard that the Eagles/FM joint tour is NOT happening anymore. Which is good, in my opinion, haha.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brysondt View Post
Sorry, I haven't read this whole thread, but I heard that the Eagles/FM joint tour is NOT happening anymore. Which is good, in my opinion, haha.
What are they doing instaed?
Old 01-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
What are they doing instaed?
Thats a good question.I wonder if FM will hit the shed "outside venue"tour this year,aka Jones Beach,Holmdel,Mansfield,Hartford and so forth. also I would like to see the Eagles before they stop touring for good,but I hope they come back down to earth with those over inflated ticket prices.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016