Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2020, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
What an awful feeling that must have been. Imagine standing in the rehearsal hall with your longtime colleagues and knowing that something under the surface was amiss. Have you ever been fired from a job and not been directly told until after several other people already knew? It’s that awful feeling of the ax about to fall but you haven’t been told it’s falling on your neck. It’s a rotten, rotten thing to do to people. Why allow Brett to attend a rehearsal if you’re only going to can him? Why not be decent and call him beforehand so that he can hang on to a shred of dignity and not appear in person? So that he isn’t standing in a room full of acquaintances getting ready to play, thinking that he’s supposed to be playing, too?

I can understand caring for these people musically, but personally? How can you? Hypocrisy is what enrages me more than one-off cruelty or avarice. How can Mick and Stevie stand on a concert stage and lecture us about “taking care of one another” and being kind to everyone — and then shaft people close to them over and over? What kind of delusion drives that degree of disconnect? How can anyone preach kindness after every concert and in every interview and then shoot the mule out from under dozens of coworkers over the years? Where do they get off with the didacticism, painting themselves as enlightened moral beacons? Makes me sick! I say to Mick and Stevie and the others: Do whatever you want politically to people in that band, but shut up about how lovely you are. You’re a sleaze, just like the rest of us down here in the mud.

Meanwhile, though, Dreams is the no. 1 song in the country. Again. I feel as if all my dreams were coming true.
in the other thread about the original article, someone mentioned rumors at the time that Brett said something to them - that what they were doing wasn't right..... and that sealed his faith. original article has Brett's quote about heartbroken he was at that rehearsal and how wrong they sounded.

remember also at the time, we've heard that Lindsey was considering flying out to Hawaii to try convince them to reconsider. i think Lindsey even mentioned that in one of his RS interviews, and said he ultimately decided not to go, that it would be futile. maybe Brett was hoping he can make them see the light.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"