The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 08-09-2017, 02:51 AM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Opinions are like... what is it? Oh yeah, I remember....



SYW is rubbish.

You're so right, it is just opinions.
I like BuckVie.
But I prefer SYW, as a piece of work it's far superior.
Even now I find new things about it....

But as you say it's just an opinion
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-09-2017, 04:27 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Although each album IS missing something, "Say You Will" is a better album than Buckingham McVie's self titled debut.
I agree and I love Buck/McVie. I also agree with BombaySapphire that if you did make SYW a 10 song album it would be even more striking. Both albums are excellent but SYW has way more creativity and depth. To be fair, they also spent way more time recording SYW.
__________________

Still I believe.....LOVE will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-09-2017, 08:19 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,577
Default

BuckVie is a gem you can listen to all the way through.
SYW has some fantastic moments, but Stevie's nasal presence on the album kills it for me. Plus, the opening song is horrible. WWTWCT is exactly what I said when I first heard this song.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"

Last edited by jbrownsjr : 08-09-2017 at 09:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-09-2017, 09:03 AM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 4,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Opinions are like... what is it?
Says the one who eats limburger...


Last edited by SisterNightroad : 08-09-2017 at 09:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-09-2017, 09:15 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Says the one who eats limburger...

Homer has goatbreath... (haha.. is that even a word. or is it. "goat breath" two words? )
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-09-2017, 09:20 AM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 4,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Homer has goatbreath... (haha.. is that even a word. or is it. "goat breath" two words? )
Well, technically it's made with cow's milk so I guess it's "cow breath". But I have to point out that I am a huge Gorgonzola lover.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-09-2017, 10:24 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Says the one who eats limburger...

I loathe limburger, so why do you say I eat it?

Get your facts straight...
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-09-2017, 10:32 AM
The Chain's Avatar
The Chain The Chain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 587
Default

SYW is bloated for sure, and there are more than a few clunkers. But the cream of the crop from that album was some of the most creative, outta-left-field work they've done since Tusk, a lot of the arrangements/production is sublime. Granted, I think Lindsey should've just put out the original Gift of Screws, as intended for 2001, which would have been a much better album, but what we got from a mainstream "classic rock" band in 2003, well.. I can't say I've gotten anything as artistically challenging & pleasing from any of my other dinosaur rock favs that late in the game (any Stones fans here? A Bigger Bang sucked!.. to use an example from the same-ish time frame)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-09-2017, 10:33 AM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 4,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I loathe limburger, so why do you say I eat it?

Get your facts straight...
You seemed to imply it. Why don't you like limburger? Everybody love cheese (besides cheddar).

Last edited by SisterNightroad : 08-09-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-09-2017, 10:36 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I loathe limburger, so why do you say I eat it?

Get your facts straight...
I love romano!!
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-09-2017, 11:55 AM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love romano!!
Why are you bringing Ray Romano into this?!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-09-2017, 12:14 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Why are you bringing Ray Romano into this?!
Because everybody loves him!
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-09-2017, 01:01 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
You seemed to imply it. Why don't you like limburger? Everybody love cheese (besides cheddar).
The first post in this thread references leaving the CHEESE off a sandwich.

I called Stevie the limburger cheese of FM.

Because I bought it ONCE, and it literally stunk up the entire house, WHILE INSIDE THE REFRIGERATOR. Thus my Stevie comparison.

Now that wasn't too hard to follow, was it?
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-09-2017, 02:03 PM
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA
Posts: 875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Agreed. In fact if you winnowed SYW down to it's 10 best tracks it would be even more obvious
Not even close. Say You will I listened to a few times...yech. Still listening to Buck Vie.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-09-2017, 02:44 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 4,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
The first post in this thread references leaving the CHEESE off a sandwich.

I called Stevie the limburger cheese of FM.

Because I bought it ONCE, and it literally stunk up the entire house, WHILE INSIDE THE REFRIGERATOR. Thus my Stevie comparison.

Now that wasn't too hard to follow, was it?
It was a bit too much to imagine all on my own. However that means that you must have eaten the cheese after all, or at least had the intention to. Actually I'm a huge cheese lover and your anecdote suggested appalling gastronomic scenarios to me.

However I think you may find intriguing this 2006 study that showed that the malaria mosquitos are equally attracted by the smell of Limbuger cheese and that of human feet: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...40673605658126
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood MICK FLEETWOOD Signed Autographed FLEETWOOD MAC Rumours CD Jacket Graded PSA/DNA
$179.99
MICK FLEETWOOD Signed Autographed FLEETWOOD MAC Rumours CD Jacket Graded PSA/DNA pictureMick Fleetwood 1947- genuine autograph photo 8"x12" signed In Person
$175.0
Mick Fleetwood 1947- genuine autograph photo 8Singer Mick Fleetwood Signed Photo 8x10 COA
$99.99
Singer Mick Fleetwood Signed Photo 8x10 COA picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved