Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Great video of GYOW! Too bad we can't see the bat but damn, Lindsey was feisty around Christine!

Great videos on this channel!
Great video!! I love this one. Sound is great, too!
Old 08-04-2017, 01:19 AM
Senior Ledgie

I was there too last night and loved the show. I've been coming to FM and assorted solo shows since 1979 and can honestly say I've never seen Lindsey enjoy himself as much as he did at this performance! His energy level was off the charts and the guitar solos on I'm So Afraid and Go Your Own Way were beyond anything I've witnessed before.

I've not been to any other shows on this tour, but can tell from the early TV appearances that Christine has become more relaxed with her more upfront role as well and is having a blast. She looked gorgeous and her vocals, especially on Game of Pretend, were beautiful.

I agree with the other comments about the sound system. It was loud and crystal clear. Best of all, the new songs rocked!! Sleeping Around the Corner was my favorite going in, but I think I liked Too Far Gone the best last night.

The only negative thing about the show were the five obnoxious men sitting behind me. They were not at all into the new songs and actually groaned loudly when Lindsey said they were doing a couple more off the new album. They also mocked Jimmy Paxson all evening ( his hair, "he's no Mick Fleetwood, etc.) I wanted to tell them to go find an FM tribute band somewhere.

Overall, I just kept thinking about how grateful I am that after 40 years of following FM, I can experience such a high caliber show with so much new material. How lucky we are to be seeing this much creativity from Lindsey and Christine!!
Old 08-04-2017, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa W View Post
I was there too last night and loved the show. I've been coming to FM and assorted solo shows since 1979 and can honestly say I've never seen Lindsey enjoy himself as much as he did at this performance! His energy level was off the charts and the guitar solos on I'm So Afraid and Go Your Own Way were beyond anything I've witnessed before.

I've not been to any other shows on this tour, but can tell from the early TV appearances that Christine has become more relaxed with her more upfront role as well and is having a blast. She looked gorgeous and her vocals, especially on Game of Pretend, were beautiful.

I agree with the other comments about the sound system. It was loud and crystal clear. Best of all, the new songs rocked!! Sleeping Around the Corner was my favorite going in, but I think I liked Too Far Gone the best last night.

The only negative thing about the show were the five obnoxious men sitting behind me. They were not at all into the new songs and actually groaned loudly when Lindsey said they were doing a couple more off the new album. They also mocked Jimmy Paxson all evening ( his hair, "he's no Mick Fleetwood, etc.) I wanted to tell them to go find an FM tribute band somewhere.

Overall, I just kept thinking about how grateful I am that after 40 years of following FM, I can experience such a high caliber show with so much new material. How lucky we are to be seeing this much creativity from Lindsey and Christine!!
I nearly had the same experience. The sound was really so good.

There's always a few people talking any show I go to. It's so rude. The lady. next me to kept talking to her husband and I told her to move on the other side of him so she wasn't in my ear. She got mad at me, but I didn't care. Go talk outside.

Agree about the solos. Some of the best I've ever seen. I've been to 2 other shows and this was by far light years ahead of Vegas and a lot better than Denver. I really think these two have something here. Here's hoping.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the great reviews. I wish I could have been there.
It sucks when you are around inconsiderate people at a concert. Everyone is texting, talking, and taking selfies, etc. Its just plain rude.
Although I had an even worse experience during one of the On With The Show concerts. The guy behind me kept yelling for Stevie most of the show and kept spitting all over me. And I am not talking about a little spit, giant spit balls were constantly flying out of his mouth while yelling for Stevie
Old 08-04-2017, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Thanks for the great reviews. I wish I could have been there.
It sucks when you are around inconsiderate people at a concert. Everyone is texting, talking, and taking selfies, etc. Its just plain rude.
Although I had an even worse experience during one of the On With The Show concerts. The guy behind me kept yelling for Stevie most of the show and kept spitting all over me. And I am not talking about a little spit, giant spit balls were constantly flying out of his mouth while yelling for Stevie
Oh God that's so gross..
We went to see Bob Dylan (just for old times sake) and a woman behind me spoke all through the intr...how many times she'd seen Bob , she knew all the words, how her washing hadn't dried that day...UUUGH.
Luckily the man next to me turned round to her and in a very loud voice said..
"Madam, I have not paid 200 notes to listen to you, now kindly shut it up"
and she did!!
Old 08-04-2017, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Oh God that's so gross..
We went to see Bob Dylan (just for old times sake) and a woman behind me spoke all through the intr...how many times she'd seen Bob , she knew all the words, how her washing hadn't dried that day...UUUGH.
Luckily the man next to me turned round to her and in a very loud voice said..
"Madam, I have not paid 200 notes to listen to you, now kindly shut it up"
and she did!!
People SUCK!

I saw the Dixie Chicks last year, and these two young (18 ish) girls sat down beside me, and made the mistake of telling me that they didn't have tickets to those seats. Well, the band starts, and they sit there just chatting away. I let them do it for 3 songs, then I'd had it! I said, "LOOK, look around you. EVERYONE here is sitting here LISTENING to the band, EXCEPT YOU. You're sitting here just chatting away, and the rest of us would really like to hear the band, not you". They gave me this horrified look, like how dare someone say that to them! Then they got up and left, and didn't come back. Mission accomplished! STFU at a concert!!!
Old 08-04-2017, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't think the sound/mix was all that great,
although it could have been where we were sitting in section A.
The drums over powered Chris's vocals on almost every song.
(Maybe that was intentional).
It was almost as if they brought giant arena sound for a small 5k seat theater.
But -- fun show with lots of energy.
And for LA, it was a great enthusiastic crowd.
I had some talkers next to me (including a drunk woman who yelled "Stevie" a few times), but all in all it was a typical Lindsey audience - respectful music nerds.

If I could change the set list, I'd do this:
Replace Wish You Were Here (not a great song to open a show) with Brown Eyes.
Let Lindsey's solo acoustic songs be solo -- lose the keyboard filler.
Replace Game of Pretend with Carnival Begin.
Remove Little Lies (doesn't work w/o the rest of FM).
Don't end the set with two new songs.
Yes, I am overly critical but I guess that happens when you've watched every incarnation of a band for over 35 years.
Amazed at Lindsey's energy after all these years. He brought his A game to the Greek.

Last edited by dontlookdown : 08-04-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There's always a few people talking any show I go to. It's so rude.
I don't understand why people would pay good money for a ticket and then not listen to the music. So many people at concerts are up and going for drinks, then coming back to their seat and yacking it up with their friends. Why do they pay a hundred bucks and then the expensive drink prices to do this? Why don't they save the hundred bucks and go to a bar instead?

At the much smaller venues I usually go to, the same problem applies. If people are talking loudly, they're not just being rude to the other patrons, they're being rude to the performers. This is one of the reasons I like folk, acoustic, and Americana -- those audiences pay attention.

I have the same quibble with people at sporting events. If you're going to drink so many beers you're passed out in your seat by the end of the game, why not just go to a sports bar and "watch" the game on the telly?
Old 08-04-2017, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
People SUCK!

I saw the Dixie Chicks last year, and these two young (18 ish) girls sat down beside me, and made the mistake of telling me that they didn't have tickets to those seats. Well, the band starts, and they sit there just chatting away. I let them do it for 3 songs, then I'd had it! I said, "LOOK, look around you. EVERYONE here is sitting here LISTENING to the band, EXCEPT YOU. You're sitting here just chatting away, and the rest of us would really like to hear the band, not you". They gave me this horrified look, like how dare someone say that to them! Then they got up and left, and didn't come back. Mission accomplished! STFU at a concert!!!
Well done you !!!!
Braver than me..👍🏻
Old 08-04-2017, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Largo in LA has a no talking policy.
I've seen them remove people for talking during shows.
And I've seen Rickie Lee Jones stop a song midway thru because of talkers.

Unfortunately it's rare to not have drunk talkers at
FM shows.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
People SUCK!

At the Classic East I had people around me that were "oh, so excited to see FM!", but when the show started they were so drunk they just sat down and kept texting to their friends. I made them stand up and sing with me. They did it for a few songs but I finally gave up and enjoyed the concert all by myself.

It's totally different in my country. We're so grateful they come here and play for us that some fans even stay for days outside the arena on the line to wait for the doors to open. Crazy, I know!
Old 08-04-2017, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
If I could change the set list, I'd do this:
Replace Wish You Were Here (not a great song to open a show) with Brown Eyes.
Let Lindsey's solo acoustic songs be solo -- lose the keyboard filler.
Replace Game of Pretend with Carnival Begin.
Remove Little Lies (doesn't work w/o the rest of FM).
Don't end the set with two new songs.
I disagree with just about all of this. (I saw them in Boston.) I loved "Wish You Were Here." I think having Lindsey perform "solo" without the "keyboard filler" would be a bad mistake; this isn't a Lindsey solo show. "Game of Pretend" was wonderful, and ending with the two new songs made a bold and effective statement that this is NOT Fleetwood Mac. I thought "Little Lies" sounded great just the way it was.

I do agree that "Carnival Begin" would have been a great addition. I might have dropped "Feel About You," which I think is an okay, not great song, and the night I heard it, Lindsey's vocals overpowered Chris on this song.

The one change to the set list that I would really have liked would be to drop "Shut Us Down." I didn't see the point in playing a Lindsey solo deep cut. They should have played either a Christine solo song (maybe "Got a Hold On Me"), a Christine early (pre-Lindsey) FM song (like "Spare Me a Little"), or simply kept the acoustic set to three songs, thus opening up one slot for another BuckVie song later in the set.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I don't understand why people would pay good money for a ticket and then not listen to the music. So many people at concerts are up and going for drinks, then coming back to their seat and yacking it up with their friends. Why do they pay a hundred bucks and then the expensive drink prices to do this? Why don't they save the hundred bucks and go to a bar instead?

At the much smaller venues I usually go to, the same problem applies. If people are talking loudly, they're not just being rude to the other patrons, they're being rude to the performers. This is one of the reasons I like folk, acoustic, and Americana -- those audiences pay attention.

I have the same quibble with people at sporting events. If you're going to drink so many beers you're passed out in your seat by the end of the game, why not just go to a sports bar and "watch" the game on the telly?

Yes! Thank you!

I also don't understand why people pay a good amount of money for a ticket to just stay in their seats texting and talking to their friends.

It's disrespectful to the perfomers, ESPECIALLY when they're looking at you! I feel so ashamed. I could never do that.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Well done you !!!!
Braver than me..👍🏻
Well, they weren't linebackers!

FWIW, I would have said something to linebackers, too. But I probably would've worded it much nicer! A few "pleases", and maybe a "please don't kill me", too!
Old 08-04-2017, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I disagree with just about all of this. (I saw them in Boston.) I loved "Wish You Were Here." I think having Lindsey perform "solo" without the "keyboard filler" would be a bad mistake; this isn't a Lindsey solo show. "Game of Pretend" was wonderful, and ending with the two new songs made a bold and effective statement that this is NOT Fleetwood Mac. I thought "Little Lies" sounded great just the way it was.

I do agree that "Carnival Begin" would have been a great addition. I might have dropped "Feel About You," which I think is an okay, not great song, and the night I heard it, Lindsey's vocals overpowered Chris on this song.

The one change to the set list that I would really have liked would be to drop "Shut Us Down." I didn't see the point in playing a Lindsey solo deep cut. They should have played either a Christine solo song (maybe "Got a Hold On Me"), a Christine early (pre-Lindsey) FM song (like "Spare Me a Little"), or simply kept the acoustic set to three songs, thus opening up one slot for another BuckVie song later in the set.
It's funny how subjective music can be.
These are just my personal knee jerk reactions.
I like Wish You Were Here, it's just not a "stunner"
like Brown Eyes.
And Shut Us Down, for me, is one of the most powerful Buckingham songs ever recorded.
So it feels right to have at the top of the set.
I get the keyboard filler parts at this show, but it felt unnecessary against
the spare solo guitar.
Yes on Spare Me a Little!