Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry Dont Leave Things In Your Car!

Well, I woke up to a busted window and a missing wallet this morning. Thank the Lord above I only had one credit card and 20 dollars in cash. What sucks is replacing my ID's (drivers and school) and fixing the window. Just be advised not to leave ANYTHING in your car. I live in a very upper class neighborhood and thought it would never happen to me. But it can happen to everyone. Be advised and be careful.

Luckily the only thing I had in that wallet that wasn't replaceable was my fake I.D. (LOL!).

Be careful everyone.

~Alex

Old 01-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sorry that happened to you, Alex. It still sucks, but it's good that there wasn't more stolen than that.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Lol

Sorry, I'm laughing at the fake ID thing, not the fact you were robbed.

Stupid thieves! I live in a middle class neighborhood and our home was burglarized back in '92...during the day....around 5PM when everyone should have been coming home and driving by our home. Sheesh.

Sorry to hear this happened to ya...you've learned a lesson today, I guess.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Sorry, I'm laughing at the fake ID thing, not the fact you were robbed.

Stupid thieves! I live in a middle class neighborhood and our home was burglarized back in '92...during the day....around 5PM when everyone should have been coming home and driving by our home. Sheesh.

Sorry to hear this happened to ya...you've learned a lesson today, I guess.
Im pissed at the fact I was robbed...and yes I did learn a lesson. A very important one.

The fake ID thing has me the angriest...it was such an awesome ID..Best 60 dollars I had ever spent

Hey, at least I can find some humor in this situation.

Old 01-18-2005, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That really sucks. I hope you can get another fake ID that is just as good
Old 01-18-2005, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow True...

Finding humour in a dark situation shows what type of person you are.

People, DO NOT leave wallets and important stuff in your car...if you HAVE to...the trunk. My aunt and uncle were robbed this past Christmas. They stole my cousin's bike and my uncle's wallet with 200 bucks in it.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdarkwing
Hey, at least I can find some humor in this situation.
It's good that you can because that can be very difficult to do when someone like that happens to you.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472
That really sucks. I hope you can get another fake ID that is just as good
There will NEVER be as good of an I.D. It was an amazing California one....Ill never forget it...I took the picture for it in a pool hall

~Alex

Old 01-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That does really suck...and it's good advice to leave NOTHING in your car....

My friend's car was broken into last week outside of a coffee shop - all she had in there was her school book bag - the thieves took it....those were some damn disapointed thieves I reckon - all she had in there were some pencils and a notebook - luckily she'd taken her wallet and all that out before leaving the car....

Stupid thieves....
Old 01-18-2005, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I took my wallet into a store, leaving my purse behind. The thieves managed to disable my alarm/electronic locks and stole my purse. I would almost rather they had taken my wallet as the pictures of my gma in my purse were/are irreplaceable

Since this incident, I have become a paranoid freak...and finally have learned my lesson?!

Once while clothes shopping, I placed the strap of my purse on a rack. When I noticed my purse was missing, I made such the scene only to find where I had left it moments earlier

And while grocery shopping, I left my purse in the basket. I had recalled an ingredient needed and went to another aisle. When I turned to place in my basket, the basket was gone! Again, another scene, only to find my purse in the next aisle

Ladies, hold on to your purse!

And, yes, I am blonde
Old 01-18-2005, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdarkwing
Well, I woke up to a busted window and a missing wallet this morning. Thank the Lord above I only had one credit card and 20 dollars in cash. What sucks is replacing my ID's (drivers and school) and fixing the window. Just be advised not to leave ANYTHING in your car. I live in a very upper class neighborhood and thought it would never happen to me. But it can happen to everyone. Be advised and be careful.
~Alex
Yep. Don't leave anything!! I was broken into 9/03. The only thing locking my doors did was cost me over $400 in glass(breaking ONE window, and opening the rear door apparently wasn't an option for him, so he broke two )
Stole my cell phone, radar detector, a Sony minicassette voice recorder, a portable "jump battery", a handgun, and my personal address book.
Through my own detective work, I got everything, except the handgun, back. The thief's wife disposed of that after he was arrested. She was charged after I gave the info to the detectives.
*I just called the prosecutor's office, they still done nothing after a year and a half! Supposedly a trial on March 4.
The wheels of justice turn mighty slow.......
Old 01-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD
I took my wallet into a store, leaving my purse behind. The thieves managed to disable my alarm/electronic locks and stole my purse. I would almost rather they had taken my wallet as the pictures of my gma in my purse were/are irreplaceable

Since this incident, I have become a paranoid freak...and finally have learned my lesson?!

Once while clothes shopping, I placed the strap of my purse on a rack. When I noticed my purse was missing, I made such the scene only to find where I had left it moments earlier

And while grocery shopping, I left my purse in the basket. I had recalled an ingredient needed and went to another aisle. When I turned to place in my basket, the basket was gone! Again, another scene, only to find my purse in the next aisle

Ladies, hold on to your purse!

And, yes, I am blonde
I carry a backpack I get weird looks but oh well - it never leaves my back at stores....
Old 01-18-2005, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Well...

I wear my purse across my chest, mostly because it's more comfortable that way. My shoulders are too round. LOL Also, though, because of safety reasons. Also, don't carry a purse that doesn't zip close, because people who bump into you can sometimes be pickpockets.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wear my purse across my chest, mostly because it's more comfortable that way. My shoulders are too round. LOL Also, though, because of safety reasons. Also, don't carry a purse that doesn't zip close, because people who bump into you can sometimes be pickpockets.
Yes, this happened to a friend of mine on the subway. Someone lifted her wallet out of her work bag which didn't really close. So watch those too!
Old 01-18-2005, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My mom had this backpack/purse thing that didn't have a top zipper - and we went shopping ALL over Rochester (it was like the first two days of me being here) - and she realized her wallet was gone...

We went back to all the places we had been..thinking the worst...BUT as BIG luck would have it - she dropped it in the Target and they caught it all on tape - and the employees grabbed it before anyone else could...BUT it just slipped right out of her bag and we didn't even notice!!!