Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I stand corrected:

Page 218 "the it got physical. Lindsey grabbed Stevie and slpped her and bent her backwards over the hood of his car. Was he going to hit her again? He'd done it before"

Gail
I have always thought the "He'd done it before" is vague. Does that mean he'd done it before that day or done it before in the past - - and in both instances was it several times, a daily thing, or just on one other occasion?

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post

That's what I'd say also. Lindsey sure is no saint, but neither was Stevie, I am sure they got on each other's nerves quite a lot. Getting physical is definitely not the answer, but I get that sometimes your anger gets the best of you. I sure have slapped and kicked when I was so pissed I couldn't see straight anymore. Stevie has admitted she 'attacked' him also, so yeah, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.
Stevie was no saint as you said. Judy Wong once said that she could be so vicious towards Lindsey that even she wanted to slap her And I don't think CAH was a saint either, however, physical violence is never a good thing (and that goes for you too, Stevie )

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-23-2007, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
^^^
that hurts my everything.

I read Mick's book a couple times, the Edward Wincenstein books and I'll read this one too. I'm anxious to see, as Gailh points out, how Carol paints the picture...how she spins everything.
It hurt me too, believe me.

I've read Mick's book twice, maybe 3 times. The early Mac period is interesting but when he started to talk about the recordings in France it was full of crap. There was something about him sweeping Stevie off her feet and rode her away on his horse. If he would've done that she would've been seriously injured because there was no room for that. The place was full of trees.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Stevie was no saint as you said. Judy Wong once said that she could be so vicious towards Lindsey that even she wanted to slap her . . . .
I heard that too and other stuff as well. But, I often wonder what the context was in that and when it occurred? Was it in the Rumors era and/or did it continue to the TITN sessions.

Also, was Stevie provoking him or retaliating to him making fun of her songs.

I also go the impression that Wong never really liked La Nicks or CM that much. But, that is just my speculation.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
All through the 80's I've been talking to people in the Mac camp and heard from several sources that the incident in August of '87 wasn't the first time. Judy Wong told me that he used to slap Stevie and his own manager (Michael Brocaw at the time) told me that Stevie could be such a beeyotch at times that Lindsey slapped her. He also said that he kicked her in the ankles on stage because he felt she was stealing his spotlight. About that night in August of '87 Michael said that he didn't push her over a hood of a car but kicked her and pushed her against the garage door (it was all her fault of course).
However, I talked to Lindsey about Mick's book and that episode and he became very, very sad. He said that it never happened, it was ugly but it never happened that way. IMHO the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I think he did have a temper and that he did hit Stevie and CAH. I'm not trying to make him out as a "wife beater" but I do think he couldn't keep his paws to himself at times. Don't get me wrong, I love Linds but he shouldn't have done that.
Thank you for posting this. It gives a different perspective, especially an "insider" perspective.

It reminded me of the VH1 Behind the Music on Lindsey's solo work.

There is a segment on the song WRONG - Mr. Rock Cock refers to Mick -(Piggie in the Middle is a chapter in Mick's book), etc. When interviewing Mick (about the book & song) Mick's answer was "It was a terrible betrayal."

So what does THAT mean? It never happened? He should never have divulged the info?

The chorus of the song -- "The man just got it wrong." -- obviously meaning Mick???

Any comments?
Old 05-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I heard that too and other stuff as well. But, I often wonder what the context was in that and when it occurred? Was it in the Rumors era and/or did it continue to the TITN sessions.

Also, was Stevie provoking him or retaliating to him making fun of her songs.
Who knows. Lindsey was more of a booze and pot kind of guy, never too big on the white stuff, and we all heard that as Stevie's cocaine addiction got worse, so got her attitude. The drama queen that she is, I can definitely see her reacting to certain things in a childish and unreasonable manner, which I am sure could get very aggravating at times. And then there was ofcourse the jealousy... on both sides. In one of those conversations between Sara Fleetwood and Beverly Vance it got brought up how Stevie reacted to other women and it wasn't pretty. Apparantly it instigated a lot of fights. She on the other hand has always said it was Lindsey that had a huge problem with her bringing other men around, that she could handle it.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

Didn't La Nicks also say that she never really brought other guys around and the that LB did, at least during the making of Rumors. After that, though, I think it was fair game to bring a special someone around, after all, they were broken up, etc.

I think this is why CAH's book will be a cool read if taken with a grain of salt.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

While I'm sure Stevie isn't innocent (none of us are -- we've all done things to purposely needle someone else, from time to time), there were a couple comments made in this thread that concerned me. I hope no one was implying that Lindsey's actions were somehow justified because Stevie "instigated it" or was "being a bitch," but it sure sounded like it.

It's going to be automatically assumed that I'm defending Stevie here, but that's not really the case. I just can't think of any instance where hitting or slapping a woman is acceptable -- unless she's coming at you with a weapon.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
While I'm sure Stevie isn't innocent (none of us are -- we've all done things to purposely needle someone else, from time to time), there were a couple comments made in this thread that concerned me. I hope no one was implying that Lindsey's actions were somehow justified because Stevie "instigated it" or was "being a bitch," but it sure sounded like it.

It's going to be automatically assumed that I'm defending Stevie here, but that's not really the case. I just can't think of any instance where hitting or slapping a woman is acceptable -- unless she's coming at you with a weapon.
but it's been said that stevie slapped lindsey, right?
Old 05-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
Right. Let's not forget about that pesky double standard here.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post

Nobody should hit anybody period....... but again, it was a rock and roll band w/ heavy drug use, lots of booze and many many emotions....

having said that.... ever notice nobody ****ed w/ Christine
Old 05-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, that is speculation. She made a gesture like she was strangling him and said she flew across the room and attacked him, whatever that means and it certainly could be a slap.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee Dee View Post
Thank you for posting this. It gives a different perspective, especially an "insider" perspective.

It reminded me of the VH1 Behind the Music on Lindsey's solo work.

There is a segment on the song WRONG - Mr. Rock Cock refers to Mick -(Piggie in the Middle is a chapter in Mick's book), etc. When interviewing Mick (about the book & song) Mick's answer was "It was a terrible betrayal."

So what does THAT mean? It never happened? He should never have divulged the info?

The chorus of the song -- "The man just got it wrong." -- obviously meaning Mick???

Any comments?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. On BTM they never got too deep into that, but it seemed like Mick really portrayed something wrong in the book and it pissed Lindsey off. I'm not saying the situation still wasn't bad or that Lindsey/Stevie didn't play their part, but maybe blown out of proportion in Mick's book?

I guess we really will never know the whole story unless Lindsey or Stevie pipes up and it doesn't seem like they really want to in depth at least. Who blames them though? It is their life. You know sometimes they must feel like they have given us enough of the soap opera. I'm sure they understand that its part of the draw but it still must be exhausting.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Nobody should hit anybody period....... but again, it was a rock and roll band w/ heavy drug use, lots of booze and many many emotions....

having said that.... ever notice nobody ****ed w/ Christine
Ummm - I think John beat the hell out her, but that is just speculation. I base that on Stevie's saying that she and CM would hide in their condos when John would come over late at night enraged and drunk.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Right. Let's not forget about that pesky double standard here.
I still don't see how that excuses a 6' tall, 175lb guy hitting a 5'1", 115lb woman.

You don't hit a child and you don't hit a woman. Period.