Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-22-2004, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The music is still great, and the other musicians are still just as talented as they always are, but the presence of that one certain frontperson with the recognizable name, sweetens the deal and makes the concert tickets that much more desirable
So if we could just talk Chris out of retirement...........
Old 03-22-2004, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
A song that makes me feel something emotionally, is always going to win out in my book.
As much as it pains me to agree, you're on to something there.

Quote:
And who knows exactly why the Smithsonian picked "Go Your Own Way" over any number of other Mac songs, but I thought we agreed a while back that critical approval only means so much, given that it's just another opinion, much like our own.
"GYOW" isn't even the best example of all that Lindsey has to offer.
Well, this isn't mere critical approval. These songs were selected by people who aren't mere critics. And that makes a difference.

Lindsey has done better stuff than Go Your Own Way, but, man, that song has stood the test of time and it never gets tired.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Talk about snooty.

I feel that my tastes have evolved too... which is why I'm more keenly aware now of what it is that makes Stevie's music so amazing, than I ever was.
As Jason would say, "Touche."
Old 03-22-2004, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Oh, I can't even begin to describe how much I adore "Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind"!

That's one of those songs that just envelopes you with its beauty.

Most assuredly it's one of Lindsey's finest moments.
This is getting ridiculous! I agree with you again. What's the world coming to?
Old 03-22-2004, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by teedee
the thing here is you want to convince those who dont feel the same as you, and people cant be convinced of something they dont believe. this is like beating a dead horse, just accept the fact that all people will not agree with you .... im not trying to convince you of anything , just trying to let you know what im basing things on and what i like but if you want to cast a negative one way , thats the way it is cause you said so additude, it wont help.
I have yet to try to convince you of anything. I most likely would never have felt the need to even address you if you hadn't addressed me first. My goal is not "convince" you of anything. It's not that important to me. I find your insistence in coming back at me with convoluted opinions mostly based on assumptions amusing, is all. Frankly, I have a hard time following some of what you say, as in the second half of the example above.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:01 AM

Quote:
so now your gonna fault stevie for not wanting to agree to lose money, but we are suppose to phrase lindsey for doing just that ... this is crazy, do you go to work everyday and not care if your paycheck is there or not, i dont think so....
Are we going to have to do this again? Quote me back the words I used to fault Stevie for not wanting to lose money. You know, we could do this forever. But I suggest you actually read what I write. You might even get the meaning of what I'm saying.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:04 AM

Quote:
to rephrase then why didnt he release this body of work as a solo, if he was so eager to get it out there, if he had worked his but off for years, if it were the record company saying hey lindsey it would sell better as a fm cd, well than if they were still interested in him ,then why did he decide to use the fm vehicle to sell his product, instead of rely on his own name.. he didnt have to agree with the company, as you say, they never rejected his material.... so then why did he just say hey im releasing it as a solo....if he didnt care about losing money, then he should of went solo.... one could even say it looks like lindsey sold out and used fm to get his work out there, he even stated himself when he said i want ed a doulbe cd for my own personal reasons to benefit.. so he could get more of his songs out there..... but you have to admit if this is what he does for a living... and like you stated he new he was gonnalos money on his club tour , that is not such a smart move especially not to ask fm members to do the same, lose money. this whole thing about money and commercial and non commercial crap is all bull,, there in the business cause they love what they do , they try to reach a paying audience to make money, otherwise to make record and lose money, makes no sense. so he doesnt care for commercial success, maybe thats why he hasnt had much with his solo career.....
Weeeewwwhh... Dude, you really need to take a deep breath and read what you are posting before you click "submit reply." You've stopped making sense. I'll address what I italicized above:

I don't have to admit anything.

Whaaaaat!!!??

Crap is bull? Excellent, that's a new one.

Last edited by CarneVaca; 03-22-2004 at 10:14 AM..
Old 03-22-2004, 10:08 AM

Quote:
i never stated he asked for certain songs.
Your own words, dude:

Quote:
well if you mean the lindsey pulled them, then why on earth would he be asking for those rejects back for this cd?
Did you ever get the feeling you're outmatched? Because, frankly, this is ridiculous. You accuse me of saying things I didn't say, then you deny you said things that you did say. Perhaps you should quit.

Last edited by CarneVaca; 03-22-2004 at 10:32 AM..
Old 03-22-2004, 10:09 AM

Quote:
im sure if the smithsonian had picked a stevie fm song, you would then say oh that doesnt mean anything......
Yeah, you're sure? How can you be sure? You don't even remember what you said three posts back, how can you be sure of what I'm going to say?
Old 03-22-2004, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Man guys lighten-up. This thread has become a real drag.
It doesn't really matter who's music is better, who used what songs from long ago, ect.
What matters is we are people who love the music of Fleetwood Mac, and they bring us much joy into your lives. This fighting is not worth it in the end. Some of you people have to prove your point tell the death. Give it up allready.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

"Lord Have Mercy on ma soul" (said with syrup like Southern accent)

I leave you people for two days and all hell breaks loose

Good points made by all. But, in the end, I know those concert numbers of Stevie's shows are not an accurate depiction of the shows I attended - they are not even close. I know this for a fact because some of those shows were sold out and no tickets could be bought - I was there I tried

I think someone has some explaining to do to the IRS

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-22-2004, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Are we going to have to do this again? Quote me back the words I used to fault Stevie for not wanting to lose money. You know, we could do this forever. But I suggest you actually read what I write. You might even get the meaning of what I'm saying.
you stated, "lindsey lost money, can you imagine stevie agreeing to lose money"

carne ,,its the way you say it, that you are implying a negative twist. so every time you ask me to quote you, you may have not said you fault stevie in those EXACT words , but you implied it , meaning, can you imagine stevie... and im sure you will say its not what you meant, and if it wasnt , why even say it.

if you are asking it as a simple question, no i dont see stevie agreeing to go on the road to lose money, that makes no sense what so ever. she isnt at the point where she has to make sacrifices to get her music out there, she isnt a new upcoming artist, not that i am saying lindsey is, she has paid her dues and doesnt need to lose anything. if lindsey chose to do that knowing he would lose money then thats his mistake .
Old 03-22-2004, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
[B]

It just isn't. Lindsey's music is far superior in SYW. Generally it has been better, but this time the quality between the two writers was galaxies apart. Stevie submitted two killer songs and a bunch of ho-hum cuts. Lindsey submitted positively wonderful music, with exception of Come.

That's a matter of opinion. I think Stevie's stuff is better on SYW, Lindsey's stuff is really good too, of course. It is all opinions. So don't act like any idiot can tell Lindsey's stuff is better. I am sure there are a lot of people on this board that would disagree.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-22-2004, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Look, which Fleetwood Mac song was picked by the Smithsonian (or whatever it was) as one of the 300 songs of the century? Gee, it wasn't the only No. 1 song. It wasn't Gypsy or Sara.

It was Go Your Own Way. As well it should be.
What the hell does that have to do with the quality of Lindsey's SYW songs?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-22-2004, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
What the hell does that have to do with the quality of Lindsey's SYW songs?
That wasn't even the conversation.