The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up As A Birthday Present- Let's Help Ethan Join Stevie's Band on the IYD Tour!! :)

Hey All,

This has been a long time coming, and in good fun! As we know, my longtime dream of dreams has been to play keyboards live with Stevie. My 21st birthday is actually this summer during the tour, so what an amazing present!

Seriously though, this has been a huge wishful dream for awhile, and if it ever came true, it would be fantastic. I love all of you all- we really are a great, fantastic group of supportive people So, I thought, let's start a Ledgie campaign to make it happen. Don't really know how, but some of our creative minds could maybe help and come up with some awesome plan. Let's see what's out there!

I guess I will now post my live piano playing resume for those who aren't familiar!

Hope everyone enjoys- let's have some fun with this!!!!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh come on, someone has to humor me tonight!!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
Oh come on, someone has to humor me tonight!!
You are a great musician and a great Stevie fan! I wish I knew Ricky Peterson. But something tells me he's not budging, lol.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastelGravel View Post
You are a great musician and a great Stevie fan! I wish I knew Ricky Peterson. But something tells me he's not budging, lol.
Well she does have multiple piano/keyboard players on tour at the same time, so you never know!
Old 06-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You are joking around, right?

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 06-18-2011, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You need to establish your name by touring with a band everyone likes first - like Toto
Old 06-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish I even play a chord of sing an note on key.Ethan you are young.know body knows what the future will brings us.Keep on playing.you never know.her people.Dave Stewart.plus Ricky Peterson would be happy to see you playing Stevie songs.Keep on plucking away on those keys Ethan.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
You are joking around, right?
Crazier things have happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJsVg...eature=related
Old 06-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But... that's a small child on stage from the audience, not trying to be in John Mayer's band. I was at a Clare Maguire show a few months ago and she pulled a girl out of the audience to sing Last Dance with her, that girl didn't want to be in her band?

I want things that can only be expressed in the TMI thread with Debbie Harry but no matter how many times I meet her or whether someone asks her for me, it ain't gonna happen.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr

Last edited by ButterCookie; 06-18-2011 at 09:24 AM..
Old 06-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Aw, what a nice guy that John Mayer.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Come on Ethan. How many times are you going to mention this? It is never going to happen. Stevie is not going to see your videos or online pleas and she is not goin to call you out of he blue to join her band. You may have talent (I can't tell from listening to you play along with the song), but she is not going to hire some unknown kid. She has an established band and has worked with the same musicians for years. If you want to get in the business, you have to work for it. Play in a band, get your music out there, audition. I'm sure you know this, right? You're a music major, aren't you?

Most people here would love to join Stevie on tour in some capacity and some people might express their far fetched dreams on occasion. But not over and over again as if talking about it incessantly will make it happen.

I don't even know why I wasted my time responding to this. Nothing ever changes.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchristo View Post

Come on Ethan. How many times are you going to mention this? It is never going to happen. Stevie is not going to see your videos or online pleas and she is not goin to call you out of he blue to join her band. You may have talent (I can't tell from listening to you play along with the song), but she is not going to hire some unknown kid. She has an established band and has worked with the same musicians for years. If you want to get in the business, you have to work for it. Play in a band, get your music out there, audition. I'm sure you know this, right? You're a music major, aren't you?

Most people here would love to join Stevie on tour in some capacity and some people might express their far fetched dreams on occasion. But not over and over again as if talking about it incessantly will make it happen.

I don't even know why I wasted my time responding to this. Nothing ever changes.
Hey now, look- it's been a rough few weeks for me in terms of family stuff, so let me ramble and dream a little bit, please! I got to thinking about this because one of Stevie's shows is on my 21st birthday- how awesome of a present would that be to play with her. Of course it's far fetched and whatnot, but let me dream a little! Like I said, it's really been a rough few weeks, so the fact that I'm looking forward to something (potentially seeing Stevie on this tour, ON my birthday), is great. But I do know where you're coming from.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love to be one her roadies.Hooking up the electronic equipment on stage.Repair equipment when needed .loading the trucks and things.Everybody has dreams.As we know Stevie does not like the Internet or computers so that she wont see these posts about her on here.Hum or does she.Oh Hi Stevie.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I would love to be one her roadies.Hooking up the electronic equipment on stage.Repair equipment when needed .loading the trucks and things.Everybody has dreams.As we know Stevie does not like the Internet or computers so that she wont see these posts about her on here.Hum or does she.Oh Hi Stevie.
What would she do if you asked her for a night off so you could attend another rock concert?
Old 06-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchristo View Post

Agreed 100%.