Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Ledgie

Default Danny Kirwan Second Chapter

The following website is showing Danny's Second Chapter album as a limited edition release in July/August.

Website is: http://www.repertoire.de/cgibin/catalogframeset.php

or main page: http://www.repertoire.de/

I have used them and they are legitimate. Some interesting items in their "repertoire"!

C
Old 06-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by duracell View Post
The following website is showing Danny's Second Chapter album as a limited edition release in July/August.
Thanks for the info...

/Zoork
Old 06-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Ledgie

Thanks for posting that. I believe Repertoire released Second Chapter once previously in the 90s. The selling price shown is 17.90 in either Euros or Pounds?
Old 06-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfire View Post
Thanks for posting that. I believe Repertoire released Second Chapter once previously in the 90s. The selling price shown is 17.90 in either Euros or Pounds?
They are based in Germany - so Euros. Add on a third for US dollars, take off a third for pounds - roughly!

C
Old 06-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Repertoire did release Second Chapter once before, in '93. I don't think that was a limited edition, but I think it was only released in Germany. There doesn't seem to be much difference between the '93 CD and this one, except the index # has changed. Good news though!

This CD is priced quite a bit cheaper than the '93 version sells for on eBay
Old 06-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Ram Jam City?

Isn't this Bam Jam City released by Mooncrest or is Ram Jam City "Second Chapter" repackaged?
Old 06-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ram Jam City was the repackage of Second Chapter with the lush production arrangements stripped down to almost demo simplicity. (comparing the the few mp3s of RJC versions of the songs I was able to acquire a few years ago from those evil P2P file sharing softwares to the SC LP).
Old 06-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have heard several times that Danny Kirwan's second solo, Midnight in San Juan, is his best. Does anyone have any mp3s of this he/she wants to share?
Old 06-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by duracell View Post
They are based in Germany - so Euros. Add on a third for US dollars, take off a third for pounds - roughly!

C
Thanks, did check on this. Did the currency conversion and it comes out to 17.90 Euro equals $23.80 USD, not including shipping as of 6/14/07.

Did anyone remember that the Danny Kirwan solo albums were also released on Japanese cds last year?

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...t=danny+kirwan
Old 06-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Ram Jam City was the repackage of Second Chapter with the lush production arrangements stripped down to almost demo simplicity. (comparing the the few mp3s of RJC versions of the songs I was able to acquire a few years ago from those evil P2P file sharing softwares to the SC LP).
RJC consisted of the demos for Second Chapter, before all the lush production arrangements were splashed everywhere, plus a couple of outtakes with a bit of studio talk etc. So yeah, effectively a stripped down version of SC, but not a conscious, deliberate stripping of that album
Old 06-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default second chapter

It is curious that they only are releasing 2000. It appears to be a very nice pakaging. They must be testing the waters so see if it gets enough interest for a regular release.

thanks.
PS Ram Jam City is very interestng in it's own right
I wonder how many of them were issued
Old 06-14-2007, 09:47 PM
takenbythesky
This message has been deleted by takenbythesky.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default limited reissues

I am in the process of re-releasing a rare (for folk music) remastered CD that was only vinyl. With packaging , CD booklet and associated costs, it is a labor of love to only "press a small number" as the per unit cost escalates a lot as the number decreases. It may well be that they are hoping for overpriced and rare or they realy just want to get Danny's stuff out there in some form. I hope it's the latter and we buy them all so they print more. Thatis of course that Danny gets something out of it

vinnie c
Old 06-14-2007, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I have heard several times that Danny Kirwan's second solo, Midnight in San Juan, is his best. Does anyone have any mp3s of this he/she wants to share?
Yup, I have MISJ and HTBB on mp3, I can post a few tracks here, but it's really time-consuming cos I only have dial-up here.. If no-one else does, I'll post a couple of tracks here on the weekend. Any preferences for tracks?
Old 06-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet View Post
Yup, I have MISJ and HTBB on mp3, I can post a few tracks here, but it's really time-consuming cos I only have dial-up here.. If no-one else does, I'll post a couple of tracks here on the weekend. Any preferences for tracks?
Any tracks you want to share from MISJ woould be fantastic.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really wish that Danny would've layered guitar tracks instead of that annoying synthesiser that is throughout the MISJ album. ESPECIALLY on the title track. "I Can Tell" should've gotten massive airplay...it could've been a big hit; it definitely had "that" sound at the time. One of my fave all-time solo tunes of Danny's.

Taking into account that this opinion is totally in retrospect, it is a shame that Danny & Jeremy didn't do an album TOGETHER around this time. The songs on Danny's MISJ album and the tunes on side 2 of Jeremy's Flee album almost sound like they could've meshed together into one really killer album.