Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 5 months until the tour starts?

Am I reading this right? Plenty of time for LB to have toured. Tickets going on sale in some cases 9 months before the concert what?!?!?!
Old 04-25-2018, 08:39 AM
Registered

Which is why all this talk about the scheduling being the cause of the firing was just a pretext. I never believed it was the genuine cause. The icon simply wanted him out and grasped the easiest opportunity. That Mike Campbell was available made her more daring. Now she has a guitarist who she can wrap around her finger and write Desert Angel Part II.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:49 AM
Registered

The schedule was for Lindsey's best of to be released this month. Assuming a 3 or even 4 month tour there was still plenty of time. Which is why the logistics story going around is nonsense. That's what the icon wants her iconodules to believe.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
Which is why all this talk about the scheduling being the cause of the firing was just a pretext. I never believed it was the genuine cause. The icon simply wanted him out and grasped the easiest opportunity. That Mike Campbell was available made her more daring. Now she has a guitarist who she can wrap around her finger and write Desert Angel Part II.
Well, finally!!!

Yes, the icon wanted him out. Intermingled tour dates not possible was just a pretext.

And no, there's not another hidden reason.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Come on people. I'm sure you seen the video of Lindsey talking to somebody after the music cares event. He confirmed that he wanted to do solo stuff in between the Fleetwood Mac dates.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:34 AM
Registered

The band is off most of December, January, and early February. They won't allow Lindsey to have some dates in that LONG time span? Give me a break. What a bunch of liars they all are.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
The band is off most of December, January, and early February. They won't allow Lindsey to have some dates in that LONG time span? Give me a break. What a bunch of liars they all are.
He wanted to do it in between the Fleetwood Mac tour dates.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Come on people. I'm sure you seen the video of Lindsey talking to somebody after the music cares event. He confirmed that he wanted to do solo stuff in between the Fleetwood Mac dates.
Yes, and that's why I don't understand why Stevie is saying he wanted to put the tour on hold until November 2019.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-25-2018, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

because im sure he put out two options. delay the tour OR can I do both parallel at the same time. They didnt want to do either and sparks flew. Now they are only telling half the story to aid in spinming it the way they want to.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
because im sure he put out two options. delay the tour OR can I do both parallel at the same time. They didnt want to do either and sparks flew. Now they are only telling half the story to aid in spinming it the way they want to.
And sparks were already flying on a personal level by the time they were talking business. Cold war.. then hot war.. then explosion...
Old 04-25-2018, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

heaven forbid they do two months of dates. break so lindsey can do two months of dates and repeat. Yes logistically it may have required losing a little cash. Which drove a big chunk of the decisions.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, but I don't think he wanted to delay the tour until November 2019. That's a lie.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
heaven forbid they do two months of dates. break so lindsey can do two months of dates and repeat. Yes logistically it may have required losing a little cash. Which drove a big chunk of the decisions.
But they can do almost a two months break between December 15 and the first days of February.

It's like they said 'no' to everything he wanted (even a new album) and now all of a sudden they are doing all they denied to him in the first place.

It really makes me want to cry how unfair they're being to her. All of them. It's like they're punishing him and they're enjoying it. Especially Stevie.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The schedule would suggest they actually agreed to let LB tour in the summer, then start up the FM tour, then have LB to another short leg around Christmas, then finish up the tour.

I get the sense this was more over LB wanting to play new music on the tour, either 1) actual new music or 2) a major change to the golden oldies set list.

I think this is totally over a creative force v. a tried and true method. LB lost this round.

My concern is that a LB tour was predicated on the FM tour earnings bank rolling it. So LB is scrambling to fund what could very well be another 1 man show, or very minimal band tour.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:15 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Well, finally!!!

Yes, the icon wanted him out. Intermingled tour dates not possible was just a pretext.

And no, there's not another hidden reason.
Thanks, for once I got something right