User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Stevie could have stopped it ..she is Fleetwood Mac's cashcow without question. If she had told Mick if he goes I go we would not be having these conversations. In 1987 she did not want him to leave. This time she did and I have no doubt that she is the catalyst behind his firing .Like others have said Chris and John just went with it .This by no mean should absolve them especially Christine in light of she and Lindsey's recent work together. So very tacky of her.I don't think any of them care much about the die hard fans ..just the $$$.
How can you stop something you want to happen?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Exactly. That's ridiculous. She wanted him fired, so why would she stop it?

She finally became the leader of FM. Musical director. The next tour to feature all kinds of keyboard solos by her, plonking along on the two chords(F and G) that she knows.

PLONK, PLONK, PLONK, PLONK, PLONK! To the gypsy......

She's quite the visionary...
https://youtu.be/NGBqB_k84Ms

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 04-18-2018 at 10:23 PM..
Old 04-18-2018, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
EXACTLY. They keep saying, "Stop bashing Stevie", and I've thrown MY FAVORITE - Christine, under the bus completely. She's just a company (wo)man, I guess.
But she always has been. Just at what she did to Bob Welch. And how she has always belittled her own solo work and previous bands in favor of FM. In her own way, her dedication to FM is more insidious than Mick’s.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
But she always has been. Just at what she did to Bob Welch. And how she has always belittled her own solo work and previous bands in favor of FM. In her own way, her dedication to FM is more insidious than Mick’s.
I know, believe me. It took me a couple of years to get over her keeping Bob out of the HOF. She's apparently pretty cold, when it comes to business.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

Quote:
Stevie could have stopped it ..she is Fleetwood Mac's cashcow without question. If she had told Mick if he goes I go we would not be having these conversations. In 1987 she did not want him to leave. This time she did and I have no doubt that she is the catalyst behind his firing .Like others have said Chris and John just went with it .This by no mean should absolve them especially Christine in light of she and Lindsey's recent work together. So very tacky of her.I don't think any of them care much about the die hard fans ..just the $$$.
I agree with you. In actual fact, any one of the 4 of them could have done something, but chose not to. So darn disappointing, suck the life blood out of you disappointing.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What I was trying to say is that I know for certain that Stevie is the reason that he is gone because if she wanted him to be in the band he still would be no question. Guess I just worded it absurdly ..sorry.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly. That's ridiculous. She wanted him fired, so why would she stop it?

She finally became the leader of FM. Musical director. The next tour to feature all kinds of keyboard solos by her, plonking along on the two chords(F and G) that she knows.

PLONK, PLONK, PLONK, PLONK, PLONK! To the gypsy......

She's quite the visionary...
Let me laugh at least for an hour while my brain try to put together the words "musical director" and "Stevie"..... Not gonna happen
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-18-2018, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What I was trying to say is that I know for certain that Stevie is the reason that he is gone because if she wanted him to be in the band he still would be no question. Guess I just worded it absurdly ..sorry.
I know, I know! I was trying to making it sound more obvious for those who STILL believe this is all Mick's solo work.

Stevie IS the powerful force in the band. For the good (filling arenas) and for the bad (firing Lindsey). Why is it to hard to believe, I don't know.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let me laugh at least for an hour while my brain try to put together the words "musical director" and "Stevie"..... Not gonna happen
But did you click the link? It's an oldie but a goodie!!!!(wish my dumb ass knew how to embed)

Old 04-19-2018, 05:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I won't be going to any Fleetwood Mac shows with this lineup. I mean what's the point?
I am done with them. Mick are you listening to your fans?
#istandwithLindsey
Old 04-19-2018, 06:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But did you click the link? It's an oldie but a goodie!!!!(wish my dumb ass knew how to embed)

Goat Stevie never sounded better!
Our new musical director...
Old 04-20-2018, 02:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Unhappy This is the payback he gets?

You know....Stevie has always been my favorite band member to follow. I sincerely love her music and song writing. That being said though....At the very beginning, Lindsey wouldn't join the band without her...Now, I'm sure if she would have stomped her foot and said "If he has to leave, then I will too" then this whole fiasco wouldn't have happened. She owed him that! Again...just my opinion. I am so sad that I can't see the group one more time. I was sad when I heard this was the last tour but now I'm devastated it won't be the real FM! I'm done! No more money from me! I still love my real FM music but if Lindsey's out, so am I.