The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: what next for LB?
More US solo tour dates before the end of the year 8 19.51%
Some UK/EU solo dates (either this year or interspersed with FM tour next year) 4 9.76%
New solo album or EP 5 12.20%
FM EP before starting the tour next year 6 14.63%
BN reissue and a short tour somewhere before or after FM tour 2 4.88%
All of the above 11 26.83%
None of the above 5 12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2012, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I understand why quite a few people want LB to stay solo. Still, a lot of people who are here have been Fleetwood Mac fans for a long time. I think a lot of them would feel that there needs to be at least one more FM album. If Fleetwood Mac doesn't want to record as a band after that, I would try to understand. There needs to be some sort of closure to the music as a band.
Well, SYW did have Say Goodbye and Goodbye Baby
Old 09-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Well, if I have to be critical - then I hope they could come up with a better way to say goodbye.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
I hope SYW remains the final FM album!

I also love how happy and healthy Lindsey is right now! He is having a blast and the time of his life!

I HATE the thought of him going back into the stress that is Fleetwood Mac!
Old 09-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I think LB's voice was higher when he was younger, not thinner.
I think Lindsey's young voice was beautiful and he had great range. His speaking voice back then made him sound even more feminine than he actually is, so that was somewhat comical, but that had its own charm too.

I hate strongly partisan fans in general. Stevie has more of them than Lindsey does, but I just don't understand that mentality.

I don't think everything Lindsey does is perfect, but I don't think everything he does is better with Stevie either. Some of the best things I've seen him do have been when she's offstage doing whatever the heck she does there. However, my prejudice is, the best things I've seen him do have often involved someone else, if it wasn't Stevie.

I am not 33 1/3 to each person in my own FM beliefs, not by a long shot, but I love them all and I love them together much more than I love any of them separately. I think there's something almost spiritual in the balance. It's a miracle to me. I think the sun rises and sets on Lindsey's head, but in between those setting suns, when I'm dreaming . . . I'm dreaming of the dame and the gal too. I don't stop.

Michele
Old 09-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
I HATE the thought of him going back into the stress that is Fleetwood Mac!
LOL. And I think Lindsey hates the thought of not going back into that stress. Well, he might not want stress, but I think he wants the benefits that FM brings. He walked away from it for 10 years and I was glad he could, but he doesn't want to now, in my opinion. I miss the autonomy he used to have, but I am excited to see FM again.

I am also very happy that Stella will be so big. Nine is old enough. She was too young before and I'm glad that all of his kids will be old enough to remember seeing dad play arena audiences long after he's dead.

Size does make a difference. I'm not into Mick's drum solo. I love intimacy. I am a SITTER. I don't like crowds in general, but when I turn around and see that sea of people reacting to Mick's World Turning shenanigans -- not to mention a stadium singing GYOW or a California group of thousands chanting Tusk -- I am overcome by the enormity of FM, the way I was when I was a teen and realized it for the first time.

And I get a kick out of Lindsey's kids knowing what a big star their dad was in the context of FM (maybe they know it already just from Glee and pop culture references to the band). He had them so late in life, especially the last one, that I worry about it. His mortality. My own.

Michele
Old 09-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think Lindsey's young voice was beautiful and he had great range. His speaking voice back then made him sound even more feminine than he actually is, so that was somewhat comical, but that had its own charm too.
yeah... again, tastes are different. in most songs i can't stand his young voice. it definitely had a range, yes, but in my opinion it was both high and thin. i was looking for the right word to describe that voice for a while, and then somebody said thin - and it just clicked for me - that's it! and he feels the need to make his voice thin now in recordings.

Quote:
I hate strongly partisan fans in general. Stevie has more of them than Lindsey does, but I just don't understand that mentality.
wow, those are some strong words!

what is a partisan fan? does it have a general definition or you mean in the context of FM? i understand the whole concept of the whole and the sum of the parts etc, but 3 singer/songwriters in FM have such different musical style on their own, that even though they [used to] mesh really well and create together something completely unexpected, i'm not particularly surprised that people have a strong preference for one or the other. i'm actually more surprised that people can like both SN's and LB's music at the same time... i guess i have a closed mind / musical taste.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL. And I think Lindsey hates the thought of not going back into that stress.
i think he's probably very ambivalent about FM.

from everything he says, he definitely wants it but then he seems to try and brace himself for [un]expected consequences, especially considering he has priorities other than FM too.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

what is a partisan fan? does it have a general definition or you mean in the context of FM? i understand the whole concept of the whole and the sum of the parts etc, but 3 singer/songwriters in FM have such different musical style on their own, that even though they [used to] mesh really well and create together something completely unexpected, i'm not particularly surprised that people have a strong preference for one or the other. i'm actually more surprised that people can like both SN's and LB's music at the same time... i guess i have a closed mind / musical taste.
I wanted to cut and paste a definition for you, but I am mobile and I can't. But I hate those people who are so one-sided that they can't appreciate the value of the other side and get a perverse pleasure in denouncing that other side. Like bringing the other side down buoys their own preference. It is not a seasaw, where one actually rises when e other descends. I hate the partisanship in most situations, not just FM. One exception is for Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin. I probably quod have been pretty militant against Jerry in that one, but overall...

I think Lindsey dreads the different managers jockeying and controlling things in FM and creating walls, but I don't see him as ambivalent about FM any longer, not ultimately.

Michele
Old 09-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think Lindsey dreads the different managers jockeying and controlling things in FM and creating walls, but I don't see him as ambivalent about FM any longer, not ultimately.
thanks for explaining what you meant re partisan fans. sometimes it's fun to tease though, it's not all that serious!

for me, although i am definitely too direct in many occasions, and can have a mean streak , in most cases i just feel the need to call people on the carpet when they say something i consider totally wrong that if not pointed out lingers there as it's the ultimate truth.

that could be it, re FM politics and managers, who knows.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is fun to tease, but can you dish it out as well as take it. And I don't necessarily mean YOU. I mean the general YOU. South Park portrayed Stevie as a goat. That is hilarious.

As far statements uncontested lying out there as the ultimate truth, don't even get me started. It makes me crazy actually. The enhanced, vague innuendo that is rabidly taken as fact . . . I have lost hair and brain cells over that.

Michele
Old 09-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
I also expect LB to bring out some real deep cuts, ala WATL, for FM 2013.
I enjoyed the hell out of IKINW in 2009!!
that would be amazing, but i'm not holding my breath. yeah, us insisting on Walk A Thin Line in Chicago reminded him of the song (again!), for sure, but somehow i have a feeling that he will not add it to FM setlist, for one reason or another.

at least i heard a part of it live, once!

if he would only realize how excited everybody was b/c he was doing that song! i didn't even realize it at the time... i was in shock he was actually doing it! but then i saw and heard the videos! Rodeo in Des Moines didn't get nearly the reception few lines of WATL received that night in Chicago Winery!

Old 09-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
that would be amazing, but i'm not holding my breath. yeah, us insisting on Walk A Thin Line in Chicago reminded him of the song (again!), for sure, but somehow i have a feeling that he will not add it to FM setlist, for one reason or another.

at least i heard a part of it live, once!

if he would only realize how excited everybody was b/c he was doing that song! i didn't even realize it at the time... i was in shock he was actually doing it! but then i saw and heard the videos! Rodeo in Des Moines didn't get nearly the reception few lines of WATL received that night in Chicago Winery!
WATL got an amzing reception Even I like it now You know my memory, so I don't recall this real well, but at one point when you were talking about WATL with Lindsey I said something like, well, you're going to be playing it on The Mac tour in 2013 anyways, right? And he looked at me and kinda half smiled in a way that told me absolutely nothing!! So I have no idea if that was confirmation, or his way of saying "yeah, right!"
Old 09-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
You know my memory, so I don't recall this real well, but at one point when you were talking about WATL with Lindsey I said something like, well, you're going to be playing it on The Mac tour in 2013 anyways, right? And he looked at me and kinda half smiled in a way that told me absolutely nothing!! So I have no idea if that was confirmation, or his way of saying "yeah, right!"
That sounds kind of promising. If he had no intention of playing it, maybe he would have given you a strange, perplexed mouth agape look like, "Huh? What in the world makes you think that!?" instead of a half smile.

Michele
Old 09-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
WATL got an amzing reception Even I like it now You know my memory, so I don't recall this real well, but at one point when you were talking about WATL with Lindsey I said something like, well, you're going to be playing it on The Mac tour in 2013 anyways, right? And he looked at me and kinda half smiled in a way that told me absolutely nothing!! So I have no idea if that was confirmation, or his way of saying "yeah, right!"
i do remember that now when you brought it up!

Quote:
That sounds kind of promising. If he had no intention of playing it, maybe he would have given you a strange, perplexed mouth agape look like, "Huh? What in the world makes you think that!?" instead of a half smile.
yeah, i think that's exactly the look he gave actually: "huh? are you all nuts? never even crossed my mind..."

Old 09-14-2012, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
I sure hope so It was really something to hear.

I know they feel the need to play to the casual/classic rock fans, but this tour they really should play a little more to the true FM fans. Storms was like that in 2009, but we do need more deep cuts. And this solo tour, Lindsey, of course, pulled out some great stuff we never expected to hear again (Stephanie, BTLH, Come), all of which got extremely positive reactions from the fans!