Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Morning Joe Show - September 29

LB scheduled as a guest on the show Thursday, September 29.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
LB scheduled as a guest on the show Thursday, September 29.
really? wow! i knew somebody there must be a fan - they always play FM songs sung by LB.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yahoo.

Thanks.

Michele
Old 09-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

so apparently Sting was the guest today morning, and as soon as he sat down they happily announced that Lindsey will be on tomorrow. apparently Sting was not too thrilled by that and left unexpectedly during the first commercial w/o finishing the interview?

plus they asked Sting about politics, i'd love it if they's discuss some politics with LB.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Sting was not too thrilled by that and left unexpectedly during the first commercial w/o finishing the interview?
What the heck is his problem?

Jealous grouch.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 09-30-2011 at 12:53 AM..
Old 09-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
so apparently Sting was the guest today morning, and as soon as he sat down they happily announced that Lindsey will be on tomorrow. apparently Sting was not too thrilled by that and left unexpectedly during the first commercial w/o finishing the interview?

plus they asked Sting about politics, i'd love it if they's discuss some politics with LB.
ok, i actually found and watched Sting interview now, and tweets were completely misinforming - it was actually a very interesting and long interview:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/..._joe/#44699208

don't see here the part where they announced LB, must have been after the commercial and i'd suspect that at that point interview was over anyway although he might have been still sitting at the table.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://mojoe.msnbc.msn.com/_news/201...sey-met-goldie
Old 09-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

I wonder if Goldie Hawn thinks that her son, Oliver Hudson, resembles a young Lindsey (I do). I have also wondered if the opening credits of his show, Rules of Engagement, was inspired by the Rolling Stone cover of FM.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default great PR!!

that was great! lindsey was saying all his regular phrases, but whoever is lindsey fan on that show should be lindsey's PR person!! they basically built the whole episode around him, when they showed lindsey and goldie in the green room they played SHN, before that they played world turning, when they showed him waiting to walk on the set they played monday morning, and when he sat down they play TTWLG!! they held SWS CD up at the bottom of the screen throughout the conversation w/ him, together with the banner rock legend LB... Mika was fangirling all over lindsey and said how great he is in concert and how exciting it was to watch him play from just 6ft away, they had nice relaxed conversation, and they ended w/ playing SWS and showing him in rehearsal/soundcheck.

after the show was over, Goldie tweeted the pic of her and lindsey in the greenroom and said how weird it was meeting him there for the first time when they basically live around the corner from each other.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that was great! lindsey was saying all his regular phrases, but whoever is lindsey fan on that show should be lindsey's PR person!! they basically built the whole episode around him, when they showed lindsey and goldie in the green room they played SHN, before that they played world turning, when they showed him waiting to walk on the set they played monday morning, and when he sat down they play TTWLG!! they held SWS CD up at the bottom of the screen throughout the conversation w/ him, together with the banner rock legend LB... Mika was fangirling all over lindsey and said how great he is in concert and how exciting it was to watch him play from just 6ft away, they had nice relaxed conversation, and they ended w/ playing SWS and showing him in rehearsal/soundcheck.
oh and i forgot, show played out w/ GYOW.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Goldie's tweet

@goldiehawn: Ran into Lindsey Buckingham in green room...& to think we live around the corner from each other http://yfrog.com/j25ylej
Old 09-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default when lindsey met goldie

http://mojoe.msnbc.msn.com/_news/201...sey-met-goldie

When Lindsey met Goldie
By Drew Katchen - Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:21 PM EDT

Drew Katchen | msnbc.com
Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham and actress Goldie Hawn meet outside of the Morning Joe green room
I like being what basically amounts to Morning Joe's house photographer. For a whole lot of obvious reasons. I get to interact with people I grew up listening to on my stereo or watching on my TV or reading about in the paper. And I get to capture moments like this one that happened earlier today.

Fleetwood Mac guitarist and vocalist Lindsey Buckingham joined the show today to discuss his new record "Seeds We Sow" and actress Goldie Hawn stopped by to discuss her new book "10 Mindful Minutes."

Buckingham had been relaxing in the MSNBC hallway for a bit when Hawn rounded the corner. And then they struck up a conversation. And I happened to be there to catch it.

This was a little bit before or around 8 a.m., and it seemed as if they'd never before met. When you think about it, that almost seems impossible. Both Fleetwood Mac and Hawn basically dominated the pop culture landscape of the '70s and early '80s. Didn't they ever end up at the same party? Maybe at Paul Simon's house? Maybe Woody Allen was there too?

I like this picture because it's just two incredibly famous people having a little chat before they go on national television.

You can see more from today's set and behind the scenes HERE (http://www.flickr.com/photos/morning...7627656586783/).
Old 09-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default video - LB on MJ

here's segment w/ LB interview. you can watch various parts of the episode too...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/#44715563

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0">

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Last edited by elle; 09-29-2011 at 08:33 PM..
Old 09-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

some more pics:

http://yfrog.com/kephqvokj

and a part of his head:

@LABookBoy Just met the most lovely Lindsay Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac talking about his 6th solo album at Morning Joe MSNBC. http://yfrog.com/khrh5bjj
Old 09-29-2011, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Interview

Thanks for posting! I thought overall it was a good interview, especially in light of the that the viewing audience is probably not that familiar with his solo work. Not to be picky, but he continues to play politician and turns the questions around to provide a stock, rehearsed answers. I will quit complaining about this because I would rather have this than no interview at all. I was a little taken aback that he did not clarify that "Don't Stop" was a Christine McVie song.