User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-01-2002, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy Album date rumour

Found on another board :-

Another rumour or confirmed date, take it anyway you wish. Check out - http://www.pauseandplay.com/cdfront.htm
Where TBA by Fleetwood Mac is slated for a Spring 2003 release. Gift Of Screws is also listed as being released in Spring 2003. Both albums still on the Reprise label.

Any thoughts

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 06-01-2002, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry

He Will Burn You Down
Old 06-01-2002, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Any thoughts

None I can put in writing.

Barbara
Old 06-01-2002, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

BOTH "Gift of Screws" and the new album, something is wrong there, because Lindsey can't tour for both!!!!!!!!!!!

~Alex

Old 06-02-2002, 02:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

TBA????!! What does that mean?

~Emma~
"I am not what you'd call an envelope-pusher," Nicks says. "Lindsey is there to make sure our band isn't too safe. I'm there to make sure it isn't too nuts. It's all about that balance between us." ~NY Daily News
Old 06-02-2002, 03:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Possibly a double album eh??? Actually I don't mind waiting a bit longer on the financial front. Gives me longer to save up for the tour. But that does sound a long way off considering Stevie gave the impression before that it was almost finished!

Pip
Old 06-02-2002, 03:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's not forget that Lindsey said at the BEGINNING of "The Dance" tour, that HIS album (the since named "Gift Of Screws") was 95% finished. In that light, Stevie's comment that the album's almost finished carries no weight in my mind whatsoever. Plus, I think "Spring 2003" is OVERLY optomistic.

Jeez, with the news item that Lindsey's working on (co-producing?) the new Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers album, Stevie playing seemingly every benefit show, either under her own name or "hangin' with Sheryl" , Mick doing guest shots on "American Bandstand" anniversary shows, it doesn't seem like Fleetwood Mac is really working hard on being Fleetwood Mac these days, now does it?

Emmeline,
"TBA"= to be announced
Old 06-02-2002, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not really sure that I think the band is in charge of this stuff as much as we like to think they are. Stevie told the Sept. 2000 AHI audience that her album was done, but it wasn't released until what? April/May(?) 2001. The marketing dept. at the label has theories about when to release certain kinds of albums and that can be the source for delays quite often.

Any idea how old or new this Pause & Play listing is? Their mixture of info about FM and Lindsey seems a little odd. At the beginning last Fall when Mick began giving some interviews, he mentioned a double album being possible, but nothing much was said in subsequent interviews. I just wonder how recent this info is.
Old 06-02-2002, 12:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Pause & Play

Someone posted a link to Pause & Play back when the ledge was reopened in the vBulletin format. It also listed a release date for Lindsey's new album, but I can't remember the date. I do remember that the date was eventually postponed, as usual. In other words - Don't hold your breath.

-Karen
Old 06-02-2002, 12:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks ChiliD Of course....*feeling stupid*

~Emma~
"I am not what you'd call an envelope-pusher," Nicks says. "Lindsey is there to make sure our band isn't too safe. I'm there to make sure it isn't too nuts. It's all about that balance between us." ~NY Daily News
Old 06-02-2002, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Ledge to Mick

Having absolutely no idea what else to do, I emailed Mick from the "coming soon" website at www.fleetwoodmac.com. Told him about the pauseandplay notice and that there were 1,014 fans here waiting on a release date for the new album.

Maybe if he got an email from everybody??

Barbara
Old 06-02-2002, 08:20 PM
Ledgie

With LB working with Tom Petty and Stevie doing benefit stints, etc. and her words that the album was almost done, it seems that by now it probably is done and Reprise is holding the ball...stalling and stalling until they ruin the thing. :-(

Jo and jensen
Old 06-03-2002, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Why would...

Fleetwood Mac and Lindsey both release albums at the same time? That sounds very strange to me...Brian

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 06-04-2002, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Why...

I also agree that the members of the band in general have shown no appreciation for the fans at all. Most all of the artists in the actuality let their fans at least know what they're doing, and the only one attempting to do so in the past time is Stevie, saying we're doing this, they're recording that, I'm adding my vocals, the album will be ready... etc. And now she is quiet and does not say a thing. Lindsey could come up and officialy say "well we won't be releasing the album yet because it needs more production" or "because of label problems" or just say something and stop the speculations about something we've been waiting for all this time.

I don't see however a Fleetwood Mac and a Lindsey solo album coming at the same time. I just happen to have a very sad premonition about the lateness in this whole thing. It might be because I'm a little mad at this (as someone said, a Stevie solo album could have been finished between TISL and now), but... I'm just hoping that someone says something about this. First it was Christine's abscence, now we know she's not retired of the music business, only she won't be involved with Fleetwood Mac anymore. Then it's the unique system of recording songs they chose (Stevie lend the guys demos and they worked on her songs separately... remember that this was during the TISL tour, and during the Grammy Awards nomination ceremony she announced that some of her songs were ready
). And now nobody says a thing.

See, I'm confused and have, again, very sad premonitions about the thing. Let's hope I'm wrong.
Old 06-04-2002, 02:57 PM
Ledgie

Maybe this is where my dj got his information. Anyways, do you guys think that maybe Reprise wants a summer tour in order to make the most possible money? I wonder if FM is already finished and the company is making them and the fans wait.