User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I don't know if it will flop, but I don't see it being nearly as successful as OWTS--for the mere fact you don't have all 5 of them. I said it on another post, it's curious we haven't heard anything about ex-US dates yet. Promoters must be watching this closely. Also--and I may be wrong here--does Stevie have solo obligations towards the latter part of 2019? That will severely hamstring anything outside the US (although--maybe that's their out clause should "An Evening with Fleetwood Mac" be an epic failure in the states) "We will resume the rest of this tour once Stevie finishes her solo obligations"...and in italics "And we crawl over hot flaming sharp coals to Lindsey Buckingham's house and beg him to save our a$$e$ once again"
In which case I hope he says:"Sorry (not sorry) but no. I'm busy. Bye now".

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-17-2018, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know if it will flop, but I don't see it being nearly as successful as OWTS--for the mere fact you don't have all 5 of them. I said it on another post, it's curious we haven't heard anything about ex-US dates yet. Promoters must be watching this closely. Also--and I may be wrong here--does Stevie have solo obligations towards the latter part of 2019? That will severely hamstring anything outside the US (although--maybe that's their out clause should "An Evening with Fleetwood Mac" be an epic failure in the states) "We will resume the rest of this tour once Stevie finishes her solo obligations"...and in italics "And we crawl over hot flaming sharp coals to Lindsey Buckingham's house and beg him to save our a$$e$ once again"
I agree. I'm sure that by the time the shows roll around they'll have sold enough tickets (probably aided by further lowering those ridiculous prices) but I don't think it'll have the same success as OWTS or even the recent tours prior to that. They really have gotten a LOT of backlash over what's happened. Random celebrities have spoken out about it. That, combined with ridiculously priced seats, is definitely going to impact the progress of sales.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
He'd be a fool to say yes. LET IT BURN!
LET IT BURN is right!!!
Old 05-17-2018, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I agree. I'm sure that by the time the shows roll around they'll have sold enough tickets (probably aided by further lowering those ridiculous prices) but I don't think it'll have the same success as OWTS or even the recent tours prior to that. They really have gotten a LOT of backlash over what's happened. Random celebrities have spoken out about it. That, combined with ridiculously priced seats, is definitely going to impact the progress of sales.
This little Stunt has proven just how far removed this lot is from their fan base. Yes--there will be people there who want to hear Dreams, Gypsy, and Landslide....and they will get that, and these are the same people that are going to hear "Don't Dream It's Over", "Hypnotized", "Oh Well"..... and the same bunch will be running for beers and the bathroom. #whatcoloristheskyinyourworldMickandStevie"
Old 05-17-2018, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This little Stunt has proven just how far removed this lot is from their fan base. Yes--there will be people there who want to hear Dreams, Gypsy, and Landslide....and they will get that, and these are the same people that are going to hear "Don't Dream It's Over", "Hypnotized", "Oh Well"..... and the same bunch will be running for beers and the bathroom. #whatcoloristheskyinyourworldMickandStevie"
CLASSIC!
Old 05-17-2018, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
CLASSIC!
Thanks! LOL
Old 05-18-2018, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I cracked up when Stevie mentioned “a raucous Rattlesnake Shake.” Does she really think that in 2018 at a Fleetwood Mac arena show that’s going to be nothing but a bathroom/beer break for 75% of the audience who like you said, are expecting the S/C/L “Rumours era” greatest hits set? By all means, do a 7-8 minute version of RS, Hypnotized, or some other chestnut from the archives and see what happens. Sad but true, there are reasons for the stale setlists by oldies groups. And please dear God, nobody mention Springsteen. Different audience with far different expectations by a fan base who have been treated to 3-4 hour mixed up set lists for over 40 years.

IMO only Oh Well ends up really being doable long term.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't have my tickets yet. The shows in my area won't be until Feb or March I think, and I don't want to tie up the money so far in advance. I'll wait until closer to the shows. Also, by then perhaps they will announce a second leg with a tour stop closer to me that won't involve travel/hotel etc. We'll see...
Old 06-05-2018, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am bumping this one up because I really don't know where to put it. In other threads, the "success" of the ticket sales has been discussed regarding some of the larger cities like LA and NY. With some of these shows not happening until 2019, it's understandable why they may not be doing as well as you would think. The one venue I've been curious about is San Jose---where it all started for S&L, and where Lindsey has been known to get very emotional. There's a beautiful clip on Youtube of Stevie comforting him (similar to what he has done for her in Phoenix) Well--I took gander an San Jose--which is in November this year...there are thousands of tix still available and they don't look resale to me. That's an interesting marker for me
Old 06-06-2018, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am bumping this one up because I really don't know where to put it. In other threads, the "success" of the ticket sales has been discussed regarding some of the larger cities like LA and NY. With some of these shows not happening until 2019, it's understandable why they may not be doing as well as you would think. The one venue I've been curious about is San Jose---where it all started for S&L, and where Lindsey has been known to get very emotional. There's a beautiful clip on Youtube of Stevie comforting him (similar to what he has done for her in Phoenix) Well--I took gander an San Jose--which is in November this year...there are thousands of tix still available and they don't look resale to me. That's an interesting marker for me
Standard prices dropped about $60 between presale and general sale, so I snagged San Jose tix during the first week.

I haven't been checking back though, because I don't wanna be pissed off if I see that they dropped again!
Old 06-06-2018, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn’t they have to drop prices for MusiCares?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-07-2018, 01:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Didn’t they have to drop prices for MusiCares?
If they did, I never saw it. I considered going and was watching tickets like a hawk the up until about noon the day of (the absolute latest I could have caught a train to New York), and I never saw prices drop. If memory serves, there were some in the $350 range the day before. Those all disappeared the day of the show, and only the $500-ish range tickets would show up. I called the venue to ask what gives, and they claimed the only tickets they could sell me were the $500ish ones. So, something happened with those seats, but it wasn't a price drop that I saw.

I of course regret not going now that I know that was likely the last show for the only version of the band I would bother paying to see at this point. I justified not going because it was predominantly going to be other acts performing their songs, but hindsight being 20/20, I should have just gone for it.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For that kind of money you would have been better off going to the Classic East last summer at Citi Field. At any rate, I don't think they will ever assemble again as the Rumours line-up.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
If they did, I never saw it. I considered going and was watching tickets like a hawk the up until about noon the day of (the absolute latest I could have caught a train to New York), and I never saw prices drop. If memory serves, there were some in the $350 range the day before. Those all disappeared the day of the show, and only the $500-ish range tickets would show up. I called the venue to ask what gives, and they claimed the only tickets they could sell me were the $500ish ones. So, something happened with those seats, but it wasn't a price drop that I saw.

I of course regret not going now that I know that was likely the last show for the only version of the band I would bother paying to see at this point. I justified not going because it was predominantly going to be other acts performing their songs, but hindsight being 20/20, I should have just gone for it.
I was at MusiCares in the upper level. It was"t a must-see concert. Tusk by FM was really good. GYOW was not the best I've seen or heard it. The only tribute songs that were memorable for me were Big Love.
I was not thrilled by Jares Leto's NGBA. When John Legend was announced as a performer for the event, I thought he would perfect NGBA through piano. I think his voice is angelic. He cancelled his appearance. He did do a great job at Elton's tributea few nights later.