User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Yes! ITA. I have still not recovered from my last concert experience with FM, where she suddenly, after half of the gig, lost interest, she was upset about something. She did not even try to appear professional after that. People in the first row were dumbfounded by her attitude. We thought that maybe she was upset because we were cheering at Christine at all times. You could see how the other bandmembers tried to cover up her desinterest, especially Lindsey.

I had payed 300€ for one first row ticket and girlfriend did not even say good night that night. I'm still not over that.
See, it's ALL about her. That's a reason why Lindsey is out. And she's jealous that Christine came back. She has to be the center of attention, or she has a hissy fit.

She should have just quit the band and stayed solo.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I'll admit that I'm very mad/disappointed in Stevie and I was frustrated with her before this whole thing happened but I can't imagine myself ever actively disliking Stevie. I think she's a good person inherently, her biggest flaw perhaps being her 'diva'/narcissist tendencies, I think she just made a really wrong call with this one, largely due to her grief for Tom. I think she just wanted Mike in the band and would do whatever it took. Same how she wanted Sheryl in the band back in the SYW days so she could have a friend, but x100. After Tom's death she wanted to be as close as possible to the people closest to Tom. Kind of creepily analogous to how she married her best friend's widow shortly after she died. She's human and she doesn't handle grief well.
I still 150% believe when she gets out of this headspace she's going to really, really regret this. I think it might actually break her heart down the line that she let this happen.
I feel the same way. In fact, as I was driving home yesterday, "Italian Summer" came on my iPod which is my favorite track from In Your Dreams, and I starting singing along and thinking how much I love Stevie's music. She puts so much of herself into that music that by extension, I will never hate her.

Like you, I believe she is a good person and this is all a horrible aberration in her character that she will come to regret. I just hope she comes to her senses before one of them dies, and that when she does, Lindsey can extend her the same forgiveness he has received from her in the past.

I'm upset that my favorite band is in the crapper, even angry at times, but I can't hate Stevie. Maybe this is a much lower intensity, less extreme version of Lindsey's love/hate sans the romantic history, lol.

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-09-2018 at 11:02 AM..
Old 05-09-2018, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I feel the same way. In fact, as I was driving home yesterday, "Italian Summer" came on my iPod which is my favorite track from In Your Dreams, and I starting singing along and thinking how much I love Stevie's music. She puts so much of herself into that music that by extension, I will never hate her.

Like you, I believe she is a good person and this is all a horrible aberration in her character that she will come to regret. I just hope she comes to her senses before one of them dies, and that when she does, Lindsey can extend her the same forgiveness he has received from her in the past.

I'm upset that my favorite band is in the crapper, even angry at times, but I can't hate Stevie. Maybe this is a much lower intensity, less extreme version of Lindsey's love/hate sans the romantic history, lol.
Well, Lindsey was never responsible of Stevie's firing.... and I think he has already forgiven her many times in the past.

I don't think this was a rushed decision, like many fans like to think. I think she knew what was at stake when she decided to put Lindsey's firing in motion. I don't think there will be regrets, or apologies, or come back to the band.

And I really hope I'm wrong because I'd love to see them all one more time.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Funny how each of us see a tragedy in different places. I don't see the idea of the tour failing as wanting something bad to happen to them. It's not like we're wanting them to die! Their bank accounts will be a bit thinner. Big deal! It's the same as some fans being happy because Lindsey was fired, right?
Seriously. I don't want the tour to fail so badly that they all wind up bankrupt (which would be impossible anyway, because it's my understanding that they all receive "guarantees" of a certain amount of money regardless of how well the shows do)*. I just want them to sell poorly enough that they realize they need Lindsey, and ask him back.

As time passes, though, and the casual fans hear all that great FM music during commercials, they may get a craving to hear it live and sales may begin to pick up. I'm not counting on poor sales continuing. We'll see.

*Of course, I also recognize that they are all richer than Midas without the tour, unless Mick has somehow managed to spend all of his money again.

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-09-2018 at 11:37 AM..
Old 05-09-2018, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And just because people don't like someone who JUST HAPPENS TO BE A WOMAN, doesn't mean it's misogyny!
I'm seeing a deep seated dislike and mistrust of women in general.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I honestly fail to see how anyone can still like Stevie on a personal level.
I don't know Stevie on a personal level. Most of us don't. That was kind of my point.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Stevie (and Lindsey for that matter) lives in a world of Black and White...winners and losers, there is no grey, no inbetween. This is prevelent in lyrics and actions. Life is a scorecard to Stevie, she remembers each talley mark in each collum.
I have often wished they would expound a little more on the whole winners and losers theme that has shown up in their writing since Buckingham Nicks. You're right on the money with this statement.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yep, I dislike her and I'm a woman (as far as I know ). And I know many women that dislike her, so...

Funny how each of us see a tragedy in different places. I don't see the idea of the tour failing as wanting something bad to happen to them. It's not like we're wanting them to die! Their bank accounts will be a bit thinner. Big deal! It's the same as some fans being happy because Lindsey was fired, right?
I guess this is in reference to my comment. I never said and don't feel happy that Lindsey was fired.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
You and your cross. We had a really nice time during your last... vacation. I'll bet the next one is permanent.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think this was a rushed decision, like many fans like to think. I think she knew what was at stake when she decided to put Lindsey's firing in motion. I don't think there will be regrets, or apologies, or come back to the band.
I'm not saying spur of the moment, but simply stewing since Tom Petty's death.

She could have pulled a move like this before, and she didn't. Something changed. I believe that "something" was his death in October 2017.

The official explanation is that what changed was tour logistics, but come on! That doesn't add up. You don't destroy a band over that, especially when you replace him before letting him know that his request was apparently a deal-breaker. He leaves thinking they're considering it and is told after the fact that they've replaced him.

After hearing what his backing band member said / seeing the evidence regarding Lindsey leaving MusiCares believing he was still part of the tour, and seeing the lies perpetuated in the interview with Stevie interjecting that she just wanted to be happy when explaining why Lindsey was fired, it all became clear: he was stressing Stevie out and she used this conflict to remove him from the picture so the tour would be stress-free for her. She said it herself: Tom's death made her realize she just wanted to do whatever she needed to do to be happy.

That's why I think her grief is affecting her logic. Tom would be appalled that he's being used to justify Lindsey's firing. He was Lindsey's friend! I think Stevie will come to realize that treating Lindsey like that isn't really going to make her happy. True happiness cannot be derived from hurting others, no matter how "stress-free" it makes things in the short-term.

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-09-2018 at 04:25 PM..
Old 05-09-2018, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
That's why I think her grief is affecting her logic. Tom would be appalled that he's being used to justify Lindsey's firing. He was Lindsey's friend! I think Stevie will come to realize that treating Lindsey like that isn't really going to make her happy. True happiness cannot be derived from hurting others, no matter how "stress-free" it makes things in the short-term.
Amen!

I also hope she realizes her "stress-free" tour has stressed out and further splintered FM's millions of fans...
Old 05-09-2018, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You and your cross. We had a really nice time during your last... vacation. I'll bet the next one is permanent.
And each time you respond to me it only further proves my point of view. Have a nice day David.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
That’s about as big of a jump as anything I’ve ever read here. The guy doesn’t like Stevie Nicks so you project that as being a deep seated dislike and mistrust of women? Wow...
Old 05-09-2018, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
That’s about as big of a jump as anything I’ve ever read here. The guy doesn’t like Stevie Nicks so you project that as being a deep seated dislike and mistrust of women? Wow...
Yup. I'm that simple.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:31 PM

Knock off the sexist and misogyny bullcrap already.

I don't think anyone here takes aim at Stevie because she is a woman.
And I certainly would never rejoice in any violence against her or Carol or anyone else. THOSE AREN'T THE ISSUES IN THIS CURRENT TIME.

There are a lot of issues here to be angry about. Calling someone sexist or racist is a HUGE accusation to make and it won't be tolerated here. We don't know each other well enough to make those assumptions.

If you feel that way about someone being racist, sexist, homophobic etc... take it up with me, Giulia or Michele. Bring evidence... and not just.. he called her a goat.. All 5 members have been raked over here.

I will leave my public opinion on Stevie and Mick's behavior aside for the moment to say that there's no room on this board for any of that bullcrap. We've known each other for a long time. (most of us)

Find a different argument on BOTH SIDES OF THE COIN.

Ok... Peace to all of you... Keep the debates rolling....