The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I absolutely despise her for what's she's done.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I absolutely despise her for what's she's done.
I know. I never thought I could hate her as much as I do right now. She's really on board of the revenge train with Lindsey. She truly can't stand him.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If you go on the sirius website or app you can listen to this now. It should be under the on demand section. Mike Campbell & Stevie talked about playing Stop Draggin on the tour and they asked Neil Finn if they would do any Crowded House songs and she said yes and it sounds like she is saying hey now hey now so I am assuming they will be doing Dont Dream It’s Over.
They asked her what she will miss most about Lindsey and she said those early years were amazing and then talked about joining fm etc and she respects who they are and what they did and it will always be a part of her heart. Their relationship was never easy and it was always voilatile and always about the music. Its like old married couples and it’s hard and she is sad and she just wants to be happy. She sings around her house and wants that youthful feeling again and she feels it now like she is 20 and this is the beginning of something happy and everyone in this room is happy. Neil likes playing World Turning and Christine said he nailed it. Neil & Christine get along well.
Mick said there was no doubt to move on after Lindsey way gone and it needed a lot if thought. It had to be heartfelt and really right for the legacy. There were huge convos about it and it was challenging.
Mick said fired is ugly and not a happy situation and a muscle memory of being hugely not fun. It wasn’t about why couldn’t they wait for him and said they planned the tour for a long time and majority rules. Stevie said he wanted to put off tour and he had a lot of other things he wanted to do.
Christine was surprised to hear the news it sort of happened aftter she got back to London and then the decision was made and she completely understood why and life moves on and she wanted to carrying on playing with everybody. Said she enjoyed making the album with Lindsey and touring with him.

Last edited by kak125; 04-28-2018 at 12:34 AM..
Old 04-28-2018, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
If you go on the sirius website or app you can listen to this now. It should be under the on demand section. Mike Campbell & Stevie talked about playing Stop Draggin on the tour and they asked Neil Finn if they would do any Crowded House songs and she said yes!
They asked her what she will miss most about Lindsey and she said those early years were amazing and then talked about joining fm etc and she respects who they are and what they did and it will always be a part of her heart. Their relationship was never easy and it was always voilatile and always about the music. Its like old married couples and it’s hard and she is sad and she just wants to be happy. She sings around her house and wants that youthful feeling again and she feels it now like she is 20 and this is the beginning of something happy and everyone in this room is happy. Neil likes playing World Turning and Christine said he nailed it. Neil & Christine get along well.
Mick said there was no doubt to move on after Lindsey way gone and it needed a lot if thought. It had to be heartfelt and really right for the legacy. There were huge convos about it and it was challenging.
Mick said fired is ugly and not a happy situation and a muscle memory of being hugely not fun.
Stevie may be a treacherous you know what but I am beginning to think Christine is a senile old hag.

Old 04-28-2018, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you go on the sirius website or app you can listen to this now. It should be under the on demand section. Mike Campbell & Stevie talked about playing Stop Draggin on the tour and they asked Neil Finn if they would do any Crowded House songs and she said yes!
Mick said fired is ugly and not a happy situation and a muscle memory of being hugely not fun. It wasn’t about why couldn’t they wait for him and said they planned the tour for a long time and majority rules. Stevie said he wanted to put off tour and he had a lot of other things he wanted to do.
Christine was surprised to hear the news it sort of happened aftter she got back to London and then the decision was made and she completely understood why and life moves on and she wanted to carrying on playing with everybody. Said she enjoyed making the album with Lindsey and touring with him.
Thank you for typing this out!

But it's all such a gross manipulation of the truth it honestly breaks my heart... i don't know if I'll ever be able to look at the band members the same way again knowing how they've gone about this.
And I NEED Lindsey to just a make statement saying what he actually wanted.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

oh and the guy who interviewed them said that Mick is basically an HR manager, just making sure they have enough hires that the band goes on. that was funny.

they concluded by saying that this almost seems like a new band version to have some new story to tell in order to sell the tickets on this tour, and then they fully expect the big reunion farewell tour with Lindsey. they kept referring to them something like the band that calls themselves Fleetwood Mac these days.

my 0.02 - if this is so they'd look fresh and have a new story, why are they hiding behind a penguin picture with the band members' names around it in small print? wouldn't they want the nice new fresh band picture on TM so that everyone can see who is in the band?????

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-28-2018, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just listened to most of the band interview and I kind of want to cry now lol.

I love Stevie so much, if it had never been for me being so dazzled by Stevie Nicks I never would have become a fan of Fleetwood Mac to begin with. But this interview the things she said, it's just all SO transparent and obvious. I never in a billion years thought I would ever feel so negatively towards her? She's annoyed me sure but I honestly just feel really negatively about her now after listening to this and the CBS interview it's upsetting.

That goes for Mick too but I never loved Mick to begin with.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie acting like she feels so intensely about giving an ode to pre-1975 FM when she clearly hasn't listened to it enough to know that Christine did not write or even sing Station Man LOL.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick has always been Mick, always business first, always keeping Fleetwood Mac going. Basically, Peter Green, his hero and mentor, had an ultimatum in 1970: it was him or the money. Mick went with the money. Over Peter Green. Let that sink in. So, I don’t have much expectation of him beyond that. I don’t think he’s a terrible person, but he’s definitely business first. The other thing he loves is Fleetwood Mac, except when it stopped being viable and he already reconnected with Lindsey, which was more viable than keeping the Time band going.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-28-2018, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
...wouldn't they want the nice new fresh band picture on TM so that everyone can see who is in the band?????
We all know that's exactly what they don't want.
All old bands (should I say brands?) count on the
casual fans that don't keep up with this ____ like
we do to buy those expensive tickets.

That's who I feel sorry for the most. The ones that
go to the show not knowing about Lindsey's firing.
There will be many disappointed fans.

This brand is tarnished.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She makes no sense at all, but okay. At least she aknowledges that she had a good time with Lindsey. Also - she just said that she has zero influence or even input on Fleetwood Mac. Mick and Stevie make the decisions, she is not even asked. And Stevie was respectless in the interview, talking aon and on over Christine. Nice to know how the band works. I'm just more disgusted now.
Where is a vomit emocion when you need it?
#whoareyoupeople

Last edited by AncientQueen; 04-28-2018 at 02:16 AM..
Old 04-28-2018, 02:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
She makes no sense at all, but okay. At least she aknowledges that she had a good time with Lindsey. Also - she just said that she has zero influence or even input on Fleetwood Mac. Mick and Stevie make the decisions, she is not even asked. Nice to know how the band works. I'm just more disgusted after reading that. Where is a vomit emocion when you need it?
I personally don't think it's true that she just 'didn't know' because it happened while she was in London. First of all, telephones exist. Second of all, I think that's just part of the story they're going with to make themselves look as innocent as possible: "Lindsey insisted on delaying the tour so he just had to go, it was all him, Christine didn't even know about it". Their lies are painfully obvious.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^But the interview... Christine can't even speak without Stevie rolling over her like a truck. I agree that Christine plays the innocence card, but the inner band hierarchy seems to allow for that, noone calls her out like "It was your decision, too". She is a bystander and everyone's okay with that.
Old 04-28-2018, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
^^^But the interview... Christine can't even speak without Stevie rolling over her like a truck. I agree that Christine plays the innocence card, but the inner band hierarchy seems to allow for that, noone calls her out like "It was your decision, too". She is a bystander and everyone's okay with that.
One thing that strikes me in hearing this play out - there was a vote. And on something as major as this, a crazy thing must have happened. Apparently the entire communication structure (phones, internet, telegraph service, etc) must have been out of order in London. How is it that Christine was not included in a vote on this, yet she was included on the vote that put Lindsey and the whole package deal into place? Her vote was needed then, but not now? Seriously?
Old 04-28-2018, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

sorry i havent gone through this whole thread
but this still isn't making sense to me.
if Christine and Lindsey weren't there
WHO is having these LONG conversations about the future of the band

Mike and Neill sound like they had already been invited to the band before Lindsey was actually "let go" or ... at the most like a week after

how much long convos and how much thought went into the band's future in a WEEK?