User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-02-2004, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Jackpot!

Okee, I was thinking about the Powerball the other day, and was wondering, if I won something like that, what would I wanna do with the $$? Pretend it's like $100-150 million or something.

Obviously, taking care of family (IMMEDIATE family, not like 5th cousins twice removed or whatever. LOL) and friends (REAL friends, not those that come outta the woodworks like roaches when you win ) is a priority, but don't put that, I wanna know what YOU want. Perhaps, a new house, would you have it custom built or buy a mansion already built? How would you furnish it or whatever? Do ya wanna yacht, how about a Ferrari, a trip around the world?

I'd have a house custom build EXACTLY like I want it. I want a home that looks like a castle, with grey brick. Also, I want a house that's homey, not like those WAY TOO CLEAN celebrity mansions on Cribs . Do those people even LIVE in those places, they are just too crisp. LOL I don't need 400 rooms, just maybe like a 6 bedroom home. One of those rooms would be my home theater, DVD, VCR, stereo system, surround sound, you get the picture. LOL A media room, if you will, with my movie/music posters and records on the wall, framed.

I also would love to have lil places (not big homes, just lil apartments or something) in London (HEE!!) and Colorado. Those are just TWO places I've been that I love very much, I'd have to travel around to see where else I'd wanna have a place.

I don't like boats, so no yacht for me. LOL

I don't have my license (still. LOL), so no car for me either. Of course, I could afford a limo and driver, so what the heck am I even TALKING about.

Hmm...now that I've been on a plane, would I want a private plane to fly around the world? I'd have to think about that. LOL I'd probably say yes, eventually. Heh.

I'm not a jewelry wearer, so no diamonds or anything crappy like that. LOL

I'd buy every CD that I've ever wanted, even just for that ONE song! LMAO!!

All that said, I'm a believer in money doesn't buy happiness, because if I didn't have my family and friends...no amount of cash would mask that pain.

I just thought it would be fun to see what everyone would want if they could afford it.
Old 01-02-2004, 05:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hmmmmmmmmm....

Well, I guess the first thing I would do is put money away for my son's education just in case that Hockey Scholarship doesn't come through. Would probably go to Boston University or University of Wisconsin (both good hockey schools).

Then I'd buy my French Tudor home that I've been dying to live in since I could remember. Of course I would have the Penthouse Suite at the Park Plaza Hotel, overlooking Central Park while do my weekend shopping in Manhattan.

Season tickets to the New York Rangers (even though they suck this year and Richter is gone)

I'd travel with the Dave Matthews Band for a while...get a timeshare in Florida so we can take our son to Disneyworld at a moments notice.

I'd have to BUY my Lexus since I didn't win the drawing I entered...Sorry Jake

I'd give some money to my family to make sure they're squared away.

I'd make a donation to the American Heart Association, in memory of my father and a donation to an Alzheimer's charity in memory of my father in law.

And then just put the rest in the bank and have my son live off the rest after i'm long gone.
Old 01-02-2004, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd finance and book my first stand-up/musical tour.

Then, I'd donate half of what's left to PETA and the AIDS Foundation.

I would buy a nice, shingled cottage by the sea and a luxurious condo in Beverly Hills.

I'd buy tons of Mac/Stevie **** and marvel at what I bought.

Last but not least, I'd spend a few years in Paris and a few years in Italy, then round it off with a few years in Britain.

Oh, and I'd take all of you fine folks out for a drink and pay the Mac to put on a private show for us and I'd give Chris a ****load of lolly if she'd join them for us.

Old 01-02-2004, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Jackpot!

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
I don't have my license (still. LOL), so no car for me either. Of course, I could afford a limo and driver, so what the heck am I even TALKING about.
I'd pay a masochist to give me rides on their back down a red velvet carpet and then I'd send them your way, doll. But, if I'm shopping for a masochist, I might not have to pay them.

Old 01-02-2004, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation LMAO!!!

Alrighty...I'll pass. Thanks tho!
Old 01-02-2004, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Alright, but you don't know what you're missing.

Old 01-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

First I would buy at least two but probably three very fancy horses and I would do a lot of training and competing with them. I would also buy a huge truck and trailer for the horses and a fast sports car for me. I would take a trip around the world. I would buy a nice house but I'm not sure where. And I would also pay Fleetwood Mac for a private concert.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by golden braid
And I would also pay Fleetwood Mac for a private concert.
My little Mac 'n Booze shindig ain't enough for ya?!?! You have to get greedy?!?!

There's only so much Mac to go around and they're stopping at my gate first!

Old 01-02-2004, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, the absolute first thing I would do is pay off my student loans!!!! Then my credit card, then I'd buy a new car, nothing fancy, just something extremely reliable...maybe a top of the line Toyota or something lol...

As for houses, I'd definetely want one..custom built...and like triple/quadruple insulated walls so that any noise from the outside world would be killed if it tried to enter my home lol...and it would have to have the most kick ass hot water heater ever...because I like HOT baths...and I'd get a jacuzzi tub to go with it...hehehe....in my big luxurious bathroom.

I also wouldn't want a super large/sterile place..I'd want something homey and all that....

After that I'd just live comfortably as long as I could....and travel etc...
Old 01-03-2004, 12:24 AM
Ledgie

Oh Geez....what wouldn't i do...

First I would take the check to every bank in town and ask for them to cash it all in quaters and laugh at the faces all the tellers make! Then when i finally find someone who will cash it...
I am gonna pile the coins in my room and roll in it!

After I had my fun...I would probably pay off all my bills, move my butt outta this town to malibu or some swanky celebrity hide out area and buy a nice little house (20 rooms or so..hehehe..just kidding) and build a giant recording studio and rave club/bar in the basement so i could have huge parties at night with my clebrity neighbors and then make records with the good talent i meet.

And I would hire all the best music teachers and learn everything i could possbily do on every instrument (after i had gotten my voice into the best shape ever!) and spend the reast of my life making music and studying languages and religions...those are my big passions.

I would set aside a large portion of it to be used for charity, a lot of money for school music programs across the country and kids clubs in poverty ridden areas, and some international areas that are in need of assistance and orphanages in europe and asia and africa.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh yes.

First I would buy a new car. I'd give mine to my brother and get a nice new car, a REALLY good reliable car with power windows and a cd player and a sun roof. One that goes over 40 MPH and with all 4 hubcaps!!! ( I HATE my car now)

Then I'd pay off all my bills.

Then I'd pay back my ex and my best friend.

Then I'd buy a nice little house in NJ for me and my cat.

Then I'd quit my job, travel for like a month, then go to school while working only PARTTIME.

Then I'd buy a new computer and all the X files dvds and millions music cd's.

I'd also set my mom up of course.

There is nothing I really want but peice of mind, a new job, some money to kill and more education. AND a new car. That's all.
Old 01-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd buy my parents business and then sell that **** for a dollar. Then i'd send my parents on a cruise to Alaska and while they were gone, i'd remodel the house and buy my dad the Audi he's been wanting. I'd buy myself a loft in central park west (complete with recording studio), somehow get Stevie to come and have tea and sing with me on my terrace (fly up Meredith, Meredith, Jason, Chris, Sharon, Sarah and a few others for that one, btw) and a small space to house my dads new Italian restaurant that he's always secretly wanted to open. I'd travel. For sure. And I'd go back to school and get like, 4 degrees..lol
Old 01-03-2004, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
My little Mac 'n Booze shindig ain't enough for ya?!?! You have to get greedy?!?!

There's only so much Mac to go around and they're stopping at my gate first!
Old 01-04-2004, 02:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default money well spent

first-Buy my parents their dream house and get my mom a maid.
second- buy a house on the beach in CA...not too big but with an art studio and a reading room, oh and a window seat.
third-buy several riding horses, then a few race horses...
fourth-donate at least a couple mil to charity
last-travel and go see several shows that I wish I could afford, plus put several mil into savings.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Let's say I won 150 million...

Before anything else, I'd pay off my parent's house. And then buy us all new cars. I'd also put myself and my sister through college. Then, I'd be able to pay for fun stuff:

- Private guitar lessons from Lindsey Buckingham
- Every CD and DVD I could want
- An enourmous TV to watch the DVD's on
- An enourmous stereo system to listen to my CD's
- I would have bought something stupid from itsonlyrockandroll.com, like Lindsey's checkbook or something
- And last, but not least, I would personally pay for Christine McVie to join Fleetwood Mac . Do you think she would if she were offered 100 million?