The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-22-2018, 02:25 PM
secret love secret love is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 612
Default Is this fair?

Apparently whingeing about Lindsey (oh the injustice that someone who didn't want to work/tour full time [no solo in between] got fired!) and bitching about Mick ("What an a$$hole!") is perfectly fine in the Rumours forum. However, actually talking about the current line up of Fleetwood Mac which contains 4/5 Rumours members just like the Say You Will line up - just that instead of back up guitarists and singers they have Mike and Neil - is verboten. Instead these discussions have been relegated to the Post-Rumours forum.

Is this fair?
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 06-22-2018, 02:42 PM
sodascouts's Avatar
sodascouts sodascouts is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 4,370
Default

You'll be happy to know the moderators agree with you!

I happen to disagree. I believe that the addition of two members who were not a part of the Rumours line-up means that the band no longer qualifies as the Rumours line-up.

I know you do not agree. That is fine.

However, I feel my logic is quite solid, and I will continue to follow my own reasoning in this regard when it comes to where I post my topics.

I do not see that as "unfair."
__________________
- Nancy

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-22-2018, 02:46 PM
KenshiMaster16 KenshiMaster16 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 544
Default

I don't have a problem with it. I may still be p*ssed but I still wish them the best of luck and will be mildly curious to hear how they sound on everything. I still won't be going but I'll be curious. As to where the discussions take place, it makes since I guess since the majority of that line-up is still in tact.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-22-2018, 02:52 PM
secret love secret love is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
You'll be happy to know the moderators agree with you!

I happen to disagree. I believe that the addition of two members who were not a part of the Rumours line-up means that the band no longer qualifies as the Rumours line-up.

I know you do not agree. That is fine.

However, I feel my logic is quite solid, and I will continue to follow my own reasoning in this regard when it comes to where I post my topics.

I do not see that as "unfair."
I think you missed my point on the fairness factor. To me, calling people you do not know personally (and therefore cannot speak with any accuracy) an "a$$hole" is not fair. If those threads are allowed to persist without argument, then so too should so-called "Post-Rumours" discussions that are free of any expletives disguised with $$ signs.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-22-2018, 02:54 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 5,201
Default

Unfortunately I don't have much time to post now so I'll just respond quoting my previous answers to this question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
As I've already said in another thread on the Rumours forum, discussions about the new line-up in our opinion (meaning we Moderators) should stay in the Rumours forum. If anyone feels more at ease here it's not a problem at all but I don't see why anyone should give up the right to post there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
obviously this isn't the Post Rumours band at all since neither Mike nor Neil have anything to do with Billy, Rick, Dave and Becca, so idealistically it would need a forum of its own, but realistically on an old site like this one it's impossible without overpowering anything.
You also have to think that any sub-forum of this site in reality was meant to talk in a retrospective manner about its subject (saving Chit Chat I guess), so even the Rumours forum is actually about the band from 1975 to 1987. By the time The Dance came noone expected a reunion so from that point onward the Rumours board has been used for every subsequent output for convenience.
Let me just add that the only opinions that matter about the issue are the ones of the admin and of the moderators, so anyone else saying that you can't discuss the new line-up here is either lying or misinformed.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-22-2018, 03:00 PM
secret love secret love is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Unfortunately I don't have much time to post now so I'll just respond quoting my previous answers to this question:





Let me just add that the only opinions that matter about the issue are the ones of the admin and of the moderators, so anyone else saying that you can't discuss the new line-up here is either lying or misinformed.
Well that just about settles it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-22-2018, 03:14 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Well that just about settles it.
It settles it. But its still wrong.
Sister, sorry... I think you're wrong.
Post-Rumours should be all incarnations post-Rumours-era only members. Rick and Billy are different entities to Bekka Billy and Dave.
Just wrong

Edit: and floored logic
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood

Last edited by FuzzyPlum : 06-22-2018 at 03:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-22-2018, 03:23 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I think you missed my point on the fairness factor. To me, calling people you do not know personally (and therefore cannot speak with any accuracy) an "a$$hole" is not fair. If those threads are allowed to persist without argument, then so too should so-called "Post-Rumours" discussions that are free of any expletives disguised with $$ signs.
Apples and Oranges
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-22-2018, 04:10 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Well that just about settles it.
High horse, party of one!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-22-2018, 11:34 PM
secondhandchain's Avatar
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SN KILLED, FM
Posts: 1,570
Default

FM is dead. Who cares where you post.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-22-2018, 11:43 PM
iamnotafraid iamnotafraid is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Let me just add that the only opinions that matter about the issue are the ones of the admin and of the moderators...

I knew that was true already. But seeing it written
out is something else. A shame really.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-23-2018, 12:01 AM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,955
Default

Without Lindsey, itís no longer the Rumours lineup and the band is really not Fleetwood Mac. He was the creative source behind its success.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-23-2018, 12:19 AM
secondhandchain's Avatar
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SN KILLED, FM
Posts: 1,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Without Lindsey, it’s no longer the Rumours lineup and the band is really not Fleetwood Mac. He was the creative source behind its success.
I agree 100 percent. People think it was Stevie but the real genius behind FM was LB. His production took them places the made them stand out from other bands soundwise. Love him or hate him, he made them unique. When left to their own devices they slip into blandness and cheese.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-23-2018, 12:28 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I agree 100 percent. People think it was Stevie but the real genius behind FM was LB. His production took them places the made them stand out from other bands soundwise. Love him or hate him, he made them unique. When left to their own devices they slip into blandness and cheese.
Truest words ever written.

I've always thought he was a spoiled brat, BUT, his genius is what made them what they are. They'd be a f*cking footnote in history had Mick not asked him to join.

And Stevie = GENIUS??? NO ONE has ever uttered those ridiculous words.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)

Last edited by HomerMcvie : 06-23-2018 at 12:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-23-2018, 12:40 AM
secret love secret love is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Truest words ever written.

I've always thought he was a spoiled brat, BUT, his genius is what made them what they are. They'd be a f*cking footnote in history had Mick not asked him to join.

And Stevie = GENIUS??? NO ONE has ever uttered those ridiculous words.
Stevie, as you have told me, knows three chords, F, G and Am.
To fashion over forty songs out of three chords is to me, genius.
To arrange the three chords of Dreams from a repetitive and slow piano piece to a rocking #1 single is ****ing incredible.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat (Nicks)
$2299.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat (Nicks) pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks
$899.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee)
$499.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee) pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved