Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-13-2018, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
This might be the most ridiculous thing I’ve seen on The Ledge this week. She’s his wife, she can say whatever she wants to say in support of her husband. She doesn’t need to have a verified account to share her feelings. Good grief. That you think some sort of tinfoil hat conspiracy is going on is just ridiculous.
My considered opinions are nothing compared to the display that has been going on here this week.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Again, they're not celebrities. They're normal people so they don't get verified accounts. I follow Lindsey's daughter, her account is private and it's 100% real, as she posts almost entirely pictures of herself and her friends like any other girl her age. Kristens account is mostly for her furniture but she has also posted personal pictures. Both accounts are real.
Her account can easily be verified. You assume I think it's not real. I don't know if it is or not.
Old 04-13-2018, 03:24 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
The Instagram accounts for Lindsey's wife and daughter are obviously, irrefutably, 100% without a doubt genuine.
I totally agree FuzzyPlum! 100% their accounts! I never thought I'd be on Lindsey's side 'cause I'm originally a Stevie fan but after how he was treated I am now....
Old 04-13-2018, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarod View Post
I totally agree FuzzyPlum! 100% their accounts! I never thought I'd be on Lindsey's side 'cause I'm originally a Stevie fan but after how he was treated I am now....
You might want to look at all the parody accounts on Twitter.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
It's not worth it... gldstwmn is clearly just a troll and being needlessly argumentative. No one else is questioning the veracity of those accounts.

Extremely ANGRY, with a personal ax to grind?
Old 04-13-2018, 04:51 PM
Junior Ledgie

Yes, Homer McVie it's not worth it. I'm not sure what her/his (gldwmn) deal is. Could it be an extreme case of denial? Whatever it is she's never gonna convince me of the likely scenario that occurred between Lindsey, Mick and Stevie and of that those IG accounts are fake.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarod View Post
Yes, Homer McVie it's not worth it. I'm not sure what her/his (gldwmn) deal is. Could it be an extreme case of denial? Whatever it is she's never gonna convince me of the likely scenario that occurred between Lindsey, Mick and Stevie and of that those IG accounts are fake.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

Extremely ANGRY, with a personal ax to grind?

via GIPHY

Old 04-14-2018, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
No need. I have been a fan for a very long time and I have finally come to see what many here have buried their head in the sand about for so long. Lindsey is an a$$hole and Fleetwood Mac are tired of him. Save your embarrassment for yourself.
This is what I assumed from the outset. They cannot stand touring with him anymore.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
We have been an afterthought for decades, and it's frankly our fault as fans, since we put up with their juvenile delinquencies. All those people yelling at FM on FB? I am willing to bet when the tour comes around they will all buy the overpriced tickets anyway. Heck, the attention may even make radio play more of their songs, so the icon can go "ching-ching" or something and make some improvements to her house with her royalty check.

I have not seen the number of their "likes" on the FM page on FB diminish these past few days.
Well, it's anyone's right to change their mind and to to a show. The dust is settling and people might want to see them one last time.
For me this band is over. I'll go and see Lindsey.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-14-2018, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
+1000. They may have each sought treatment for their issues but they've never been treated for the issues between them. PTSD and other issues can pop back up after years of being dormant. I am not saying that this is the case but I do know that at the age of 70 I would not be trilled to have to work with an ex for months on end. Somewhere between Classic East and Musicares is where things really started to go off the rails. The reviews said he played and uninspired set at Classic East and he acted like a bit of an as$ solo on the red carpet at Musicares. There are photos and video. You can see it more in the video. I will find it later and post.
I don't know about PTSD issues, I have no idea if she has it. It was just my point of view.

I know he was mad at MusiCares. What I've heard was that there was a fight between Stevie & Lindsey because he yelled at Karen (I don't know what she did, if anything) and Stevie exploded about that.
Also ~ during the first day of rehearsal he supposedly said that she couldn't sing anymore and her voice sounded like sh!t. That's when she was like:"That's it".
I heard it from a good friend who heard it from a band assistant so...

You got a sweet heart
Old 04-14-2018, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
this is so perfectly said, Debbie. thank you!
You're welcome, Elle Just my point of view

You got a sweet heart
Old 04-14-2018, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNicksfann View Post
I don’t believe Stevie would be jealous of the Buckvie album at all. It was totally her choice not to record with them and they held off as long as they could giving her plenty of time hoping she would change her mind. She wanted to instead do her solo tour and by all accounts was happier doing so since it was the most fun tour and one of her most successful ever. Lastly, the reason the Buckvie album could not officially be called Fleetwood Mac was because Stevie is still legally a member of the band so her not being on the album means it is not a Fleetwood Mac album. That is different from Say You Will when Christine was not signed on anymore as a contracted member of the band so that LP could be called FM.
I get your point about the album not being called Fleetwood Mac but I seriously doubt she thought it would be a success and I don't think she expected them to tour behind it and it would be successful. She's been jealous of Christine & Lindsey doing stuff together since they joined.

You got a sweet heart
Old 04-14-2018, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'm not aware of any law that says an album cant be labelled as being by a particular band if one particular member doesn't want to appear on it.

No, the reason it wasn't labelled as Fleetwood Mac is because they'd need to perform live shows to promote the album and that would have caused problems without having Stevie. They'd already signed up for a tour with all 5 band members and the promoters for the forthcoming tour wouldn't have taken kindly to a Fleetwood Mac tour without SN. Furthermore they'd have faced problems from ticket buyers expecting to see SN only to find her absent.
Not entirely true, at least not in Europe (Holland in this case). They promoted the Time line-up as Fleetwood Mac. I don't recall any band pictures on posters or flyers or whatever. There was no internet at the time. The casual fan who didn't know any better expected Stevie Nicks. You have no idea how many people around me said:"WTF?? That's not Stevie Nicks" and left. I don't think they got into any trouble from ticket buyers at all. People just left and they were playing a small venue which was only half full.

You got a sweet heart
Old 04-14-2018, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
This is what I assumed from the outset. They cannot stand touring with him anymore.
They?! Stevie is the only one who can't stand working with him anymore.

Christine was perfectly fine during BuckVie, and Mick couldn't care less as long as Lindsey means money.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.