User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
thanks for clarifying. again i do appreciate it - and any honest discussion. makes the world more interesting! people trying to shut down any discussion and disagreements is what is so puzzling. i guess people are so used to groupthink these days, that they are losing the skills of civil arguing and debate?

back to FM topic: you know what i find really interesting? the divide in the fandom right now seems to be actually less than it used to be in recent years:
  • used to be SN fans vs LB fans vs BN fans vs FM fans and then all different combinations.
  • now it's mostly LB + BN + FM5 + disappointed SN fans all on one side, and then mostly SN-only + pre-and post-BNera FM on the other.

another difference i see is that it seems the 2 groups are much more entrenched in their views than all these fragmented groups of fans seemed to have been. also interesting: all these SN fans who would normally only go to SN solo shows and hate FM ones now all of the sudden being the staunchest defenders of FM.
Yes the recent developments with the band have certainly shaken everything up, including discussions on this board. Its definitely more heated in here lately, with more people posting and some aligning their views with others that they don't normally agree with.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It actually amazes me that this band can generate so much conversation between fans, and we never seem to run out of things to say about them 24 hours/day, every day of the year
Old 05-05-2018, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
thanks for clarifying. again i do appreciate it - and any honest discussion. makes the world more interesting! people trying to shut down any discussion and disagreements is what is so puzzling. i guess people are so used to groupthink these days, that they are losing the skills of civil arguing and debate?

back to FM topic: you know what i find really interesting? the divide in the fandom right now seems to be actually less than it used to be in recent years:
  • used to be SN fans vs LB fans vs BN fans vs FM fans and then all different combinations.
  • now it's mostly LB + BN + FM5 + disappointed SN fans all on one side, and then mostly SN-only + pre-and post-BNera FM on the other.

another difference i see is that it seems the 2 groups are much more entrenched in their views than all these fragmented groups of fans seemed to have been. also interesting: all these SN fans who would normally only go to SN solo shows and hate FM ones now all of the sudden being the staunchest defenders of FM.
Oh my God, Elle....
Are you a lawyer? Seriously. If not, were you at least the Champion of the Debate Club in high school? You've got some serious skills, and I mean that. I may not agree with all of your posts, but I wanted to tell you that I appreciate your writing and debating skills.
You go girl!

Jamie

Last edited by jkmaletic; 05-05-2018 at 02:43 PM..
Old 05-05-2018, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Oh my God, Elle....
Are you a lawyer? Seriously. If not, were you at least the Champion of the Debate Club in high school? You've got some serious skills, and I mean that. I may not agree with all if your posts, but I wanted to tell you that I appreciate your writing and debating skills.
You go girl!

Jamie

i made a serious omission in that list - and i'm waiting to get some beating from Christine fans - they were usually pretty neutral in the past - or just different CM fans were divided pro or against different groups. and now they are coming strongly with that big group of "mostly LB + BN + FM5 + disappointed SN fans" - and against their favorite. so should have been "mostly LB + BN + FM5 + CM + disappointed SN fans"

i'm sure they'll correct me if / where i'm wrong!

also no idea whether there are any Mick fans and how they feel right now .

John fans?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-05-2018, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

also no idea whether there are any Mick fans and how they feel right now .

Does anybody out there actually like Mick? There have been so many bad stories about him and his character- I't had gotten to the stage where I was lukewarm about him but generally gave him the benefit of the doubt. Now I think he's just a bit of a grubby old saddo.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-05-2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Does anybody out there actually like Mick?
I like his sense of style.
Old 05-05-2018, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Does anybody out there actually like Mick? There have been so many bad stories about him and his character- I't had gotten to the stage where I was lukewarm about him but generally gave him the benefit of the doubt. Now I think he's just a bit of a grubby old saddo.
I doubt that he's a bad person, but he's just really, really shameless and blatant when it comes to money. I doubt that he'll ever move an inch unless he can make a buck off of it and I have no doubt in my mind he will take advantage of/exploit (however you want to put it) the Fleetwood Mac name for money until his dying day. I don't think his "the band must play on" mentality is about Fleetwood Mac in itself, more just about the money he gets from Fleetwood Mac.
Old 05-05-2018, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down Sheeeebus.

I don't think he's intentionally bad, but boy, is he horrible with money and making decisions.

Seriously, it's like he gets a buck and immediately spends it. It's called a savings account, Mick. *clap*Look*clap*into*clap*it!
Old 05-05-2018, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He gives me the creeps and is the kinda guy I would not want to be stuck in an elevator with
Old 05-05-2018, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
He gives me the creeps and is the kinda guy I would not want to be stuck in an elevator with

As well, he strikes me as egotistical, greedy, I have a doubt if he has a philanthropic bone in his body, but I am not sure about that so if someone can prove me wrong on that, that would be delightful.

He just strikes me as such a prime example of:

"Me, me ME and I don't give a holy hoopla about whether the poor and weak and downtrodden die in the mud, as long as I can have my luxury automobiles and ALL the niceties and luxuries money can buy."

Just the sort of vibe I get regarding Mick Fleetwood, and the sort of person I cannot abide.

But I'd really like to be proven wrong though. The world needs all the philanthropists it can get.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, regarding Mick, I have to say that he was VERY gracious when I proposed to my wife in front of him, on stage, before a show. He even had his people take extra photos of all 3 of us, and kind of had me re-enact the whole thing to get good ones. He later told Stevie about it too. So naturally I have a soft spot for Mick, but I can also see that he can be a ruthless business man.

Jamie
Old 05-05-2018, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry

I hope this is on topic because Lord knows everyone will shoot me down to hell if it's not.
When do you think Lindsey will make a statement? Or will he remain silent?
And will the new Fleetwood Mac have any new songs to tour with?
I think the biggest driver of new music was Lindsey and now he's gone.
But I'm not going to sit here and pretend like so many Lindsey fans do that he did absolutely nothing wrong. People like Elle even concede that Lindsey wanted to try fitting in his solo shows in between Mac dates. You just can't do that. You're either fully committed to your band or you're not. You can't have it both ways. He should do his solo tour before or after the Fleetwood Mac tour. That's what he always used to do. It's what Stevie does. It's what Mick and his blues band do. It's what Christine did when she toured her 1984 album. Why should Lindsey be the exception?
Old 05-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I hope this is on topic because Lord knows everyone will shoot me down to hell if it's not.
When do you think Lindsey will make a statement? Or will he remain silent?
And will the new Fleetwood Mac have any new songs to tour with?
I think the biggest driver of new music was Lindsey and now he's gone.
But I'm not going to sit here and pretend like so many Lindsey fans do that he did absolutely nothing wrong. People like Elle even concede that Lindsey wanted to try fitting in his solo shows in between Mac dates. You just can't do that. You're either fully committed to your band or you're not. You can't have it both ways. He should do his solo tour before or after the Fleetwood Mac tour. That's what he always used to do. It's what Stevie does. It's what Mick and his blues band do. It's what Christine did when she toured her 1984 album. Why should Lindsey be the exception?
If you think Stevie has never let her solo career get in the way of Fleetwood Mac I don't know what to tell you. When they were recording Tango in the Night, she flew off to Australia to go sing with Tom Petty. They all wanted to start working on an album right after The Dance (understandably, as that would've been the smartest move to capitalize off the success of The Dance) but Stevie was busy with Trouble in Shangri-La and so that album didn't happen till nearly 6 years later, and it had to be yet another case of Lindsey giving his solo album for it. And then after Unleashed, they were supposed to go on the road in 2011, but Mick agreed to give Stevie and Lindsey that year for their solo projects and then they'd go back on the road in 2012. Lindsey took the year and was ready for FM as scheduled but Stevie did not stop and delayed them yet another year.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
If you think Stevie has never let her solo career get in the way of Fleetwood Mac I don't know what to tell you. When they were recording Tango in the Night, she flew off to Australia to go sing with Tom Petty. They all wanted to start working on an album right after The Dance (understandably, as that would've been the smartest move to capitalize off the success of The Dance) but Stevie was busy with Trouble in Shangri-La and so that album didn't happen till nearly 6 years later, and it had to be yet another case of Lindsey giving his solo album for it. And then after Unleashed, they were supposed to go on the road in 2011, but Mick agreed to give Stevie and Lindsey that year for their solo projects and then they'd go back on the road in 2012. Lindsey took the year and was ready for FM as scheduled but Stevie did not stop and delayed them yet another year.
And then the most recent example of the friggin band having to shelve what was obviously going to be a Fleetwood Mac album and go forward with releasing as Buckingham McVie because Stevie refused to have any involvement. That right there most likely guarantees Say You Will as the last FM studio album and Tango in the Night as the last "Rumours-era" studio album.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I ran into him by accident in Bristol Farms grocery store here in LA. He was set up in a little table hawking his wine. If there were 2 people there that was a lot. It was EMBARRASSING. I went up to him bought a bottle of wine and told him I was a big fan an I would be happy to try his wine. The man was a DOUCHEBAG. End of story. BTW I'm not a excited fan stalker. I live in LA and see tons of celebrities so it wasn't like I was making him uncomfortable. D BAG.