The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-01-2018, 10:18 AM
secondhandchain's Avatar
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SN KILLED, FM
Posts: 1,566
Default Pay no attention to the band behind the Penguin!

Getting bombarded with advertisements on Facebook and Instagram. The fact that there is NO band picture and NO band line up is so sleazy IMO.
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 05-01-2018, 10:31 AM
secondhandchain's Avatar
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SN KILLED, FM
Posts: 1,566
Default

Also what's going on with the site? Mick's henchman?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-01-2018, 11:07 AM
louielouie2000's Avatar
louielouie2000 louielouie2000 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 6,394
Default

Even the local Austin radio stations are hocking ticket sales. Iíve never heard anything like it before, DJís are announcing the tour & Austin date while plugging that their station is based on the music of Fleetwood Mac. Obviously FMís people are deep in damage control mode.
__________________
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/louielouie2000/The_Plant_-_Sausalito_-_front_door_2.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-01-2018, 11:36 AM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Even the local Austin radio stations are hocking ticket sales. Iíve never heard anything like it before, DJís are announcing the tour & Austin date while plugging that their station is based on the music of Fleetwood Mac. Obviously FMís people are deep in damage control mode.
I find this to be rather hilarious. Iíve also received more emails from ticketmaster in the last 24 hours. The spin doctors surely have whiplash at this point
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-02-2018, 12:27 PM
Neal's Avatar
Neal Neal is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Jose, CA USA
Posts: 1,697
Default

Assuming that the current pre-sales are catering mostly to the die-hards who already know what's going on, I have a feeling general audience sales will stall once the word gets spread.

Or I could be completely wrong, and the more casual fans won't care about behind the scenes drama, as long as they hear the songs and see the twirls...
__________________
"Ooh, there is magic...all around you...
every time you walk in the room..."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-02-2018, 12:30 PM
Hawkeye Hawkeye is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,254
Default

Yea of all the complaints people are making this one actually has a lot of validity to me. Pushing that penguin picture and not a band photo is incredibly dishonest and misleading to those potentially buying tickets and expecting the rumours 5.
__________________
Never Dance with the Devil

He Will Burn You Down
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-02-2018, 12:38 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Yea of all the complaints people are making this one actually has a lot of validity to me. Pushing that penguin picture and not a band photo is incredibly dishonest and misleading to those potentially buying tickets and expecting the rumours 5.
They may be bitches. But, they are not dumb bitches!
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-02-2018, 01:08 PM
NotonRodeo NotonRodeo is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 222
Default

I will bet that had Burnette not posted about Lindsey's firing they would not have revealed Lindsey's departure until AFTER the tickets had been sold. We all know Mick is capable of this tomfoolery.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-02-2018, 01:14 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
I will bet that had Burnette not posted about Lindsey's firing they would not have revealed Lindsey's departure until AFTER the tickets had been sold. We all know Mick is capable of this tomfoolery.
They have spies everywhere. They knew we already knew and we were only waiting for the inevitable to happen. A$$holes!
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
- Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-02-2018, 01:33 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
I will bet that had Burnette not posted about Lindsey's firing they would not have revealed Lindsey's departure until AFTER the tickets had been sold. We all know Mick is capable of this tomfoolery.
I don't believe that for a second, they definitely would have announced the new lineup first, just like they did back in 1987. Even more so now, because unlike Billy and Rick, whom I loved, were virtual unknowns; Mike Campbell and Neil Finn are not unknown, and have their own fan bases, so of course FM would want to advertise their presence. As far as people still not knowing Lindsey is out of FM, the commercials airing in Ohio for the upcoming tour show and name each member. It's May and the concert isn't until Nov 7, so word is out, and will continue to be as we get closer to the tour.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-02-2018, 02:01 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don't believe that for a second, they definitely would have announced the new lineup first, just like they did back in 1987. Even more so now, because unlike Billy and Rick, whom I loved, were virtual unknowns; Mike Campbell and Neil Finn are not unknown, and have their own fan bases, so of course FM would want to advertise their presence. As far as people still not knowing Lindsey is out of FM, the commercials airing in Ohio for the upcoming tour show and name each member. It's May and the concert isn't until Nov 7, so word is out, and will continue to be as we get closer to the tour.
I saw both Tango (Shaking the Cage) and BTM tours at Richfield, OH.

Most people don't know the members like we do. They could name Tom Petty and people wouldn't blink.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-02-2018, 03:47 PM
FM77 FM77 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 529
Default

I don't think the penguins are meant as a ruse---it's meant for merchandising. Most people don't want to buy t-shirts with 70 year olds on them. The penguins are a cool throwback IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-02-2018, 03:58 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 5,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
I don't think the penguins are meant as a ruse---it's meant for merchandising. Most people don't want to buy t-shirts with 70 year olds on them. The penguins are a cool throwback IMO.
I think so too, they're the exact same used for the 1975 tour bumper stickers:

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-02-2018, 03:59 PM
secondhandchain's Avatar
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SN KILLED, FM
Posts: 1,566
Default

If Lindsey were still in the band you can be SURE they wouldn't just have a freaking penguin as the band advertisement.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-02-2018, 04:03 PM
madeline madeline is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I saw both Tango (Shaking the Cage) and BTM tours at Richfield, OH.

Most people don't know the members like we do. They could name Tom Petty and people wouldn't blink.
If you saw BTM at Richfield, let me ask you this. Did Billy Burnette sing Rhiannon that night instead of Stevie? I remember reading the review of this concert in Scene magazine and they said he sang it. I have been trying to find someone for years who could say if this was true or not.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo picture1985 Press Photo Billy Burnette, rock guitarist, singer, and songwriter.
$19.99
1985 Press Photo Billy Burnette, rock guitarist, singer, and songwriter. pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$15.88
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (5) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$15.88
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (5) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE picture1920 Elizabeth Burnett & Billy Peasley Fill Salvation Army Barrel Press Photo
$12.88
1920 Elizabeth Burnett & Billy Peasley Fill Salvation Army Barrel Press Photo picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved