User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Jones Beach (question)

Hi all!

Does anyone know when tickets for June 6th Jones Beach show go on sale? I thought it had gone onsale aleady and I missed the boat, but I can't find any info on ticketmaster.com or tickets.com.
(Please tell me tickets haven't gone onsale already!). I'll be flying down to Toronto alone just for this show, I'm sure it'll be amazing, I hear that place is gorgous.
Maybe. But not with me or Christine or Lindsey. Christine and I will always be close; Lindsey just plain doesn't like me. I never had any musical training of any kind. I just had this innate ability to walk in, sit down at a piano, and write a song in five minutes, and go to bed. It drives him nuts. - Stevie Nicks, 1994

Last edited by bootylicous; 04-08-2004 at 10:19 PM..
Old 04-08-2004, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Jones Beach

You haven't missed anything. They haven't gone onsale yet. I have a friend that lives right by there and apparently they wait till the beginning of May for some reason to start selling the summer shows...
Old 04-08-2004, 10:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

Ooh yay!!!! Thank you so much!

*books place tickets, gets raped by Air Canada's service charges*
Maybe. But not with me or Christine or Lindsey. Christine and I will always be close; Lindsey just plain doesn't like me. I never had any musical training of any kind. I just had this innate ability to walk in, sit down at a piano, and write a song in five minutes, and go to bed. It drives him nuts. - Stevie Nicks, 1994
Old 04-08-2004, 10:32 PM
Ledgie

I saw them there last fall and it was great! I don't know why they haven't gone on sale yet when a bunch of other shows there like Bowie already have. But it's getting hard to be patient! Sure hope it's soon.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Two questions

Does anyone know if a date has been selected for that show?

Is there any public transportation near Jones Beach (i.e. Train, Bus, etc.)?

Thanks

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 04-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Jones Beach

Jones Beach is being played June 6th.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by macmar71
Two questions

Does anyone know if a date has been selected for that show?

Is there any public transportation near Jones Beach (i.e. Train, Bus, etc.)?

Thanks
In theory, yes there is public transportation. Check the Long Island Railroad section of this MTA website: http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/. However, if you want to save yourself a few grey hairs and enjoy a nice day at the beach, rent a car... it beats having to wait on the train and then hoping the connecting buses are running. On a weekend schedule no less. If it helps, parking is free, so don't pay the toll at the toll booth at the entrance to Jones Beach National Park.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by HejiraNYC
In theory, yes there is public transportation. Check the Long Island Railroad section of this MTA website: http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/.
Yep. I'll be taking the LIRR from Manhattan to Freeport, then there's a bus that goes to Jones Beach. Does anyone happen to know if there's any cheaper hotels or hostels within walking distance to the Freeport station, or perhaps near Jones Beach itself? I'm thinking since I'll already be out on Long Island that night I might as well just crash there and take the train back into the city the next morning, but I've never been out there before.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I looked into the LIRR, but chose to hire a car from the city instead. It was pricey, but when I saw the long long lines waiting for the public trans. after the show, I was patting myself on the back

Also and caution: the public transportation stops at a certain time. However, Jones Beach may have a special deal with them when there is a concert

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-09-2004, 10:12 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Jones Beach

I have not posted here forever!!! I am going to NYC for the first time and am planning on Jones Beach as well.

From what I have found out the long island rail goes all night but the bus to freeport stops running at 10:45. Seems like a bit of a risk.

I think what we are going to do is rent a car from NYC, return it at JFK and then take the train into the city so we do not have to worry about parking it overnight and returning it.

I hope the show goes on sale soon.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:48 AM
Senior Ledgie

I would suggest anyone going to Jones Beach not to consider stayingovernight by the Freeport LIRR station, it's not the worst area, then again it's not all that great.

Try the towns of Merrick (about 6-7 miles away), Oceanside (10-12 miles). There is also a Marriott in Uniondale, which is about a 15 min drive and across from the Nassau Coliseum.
Old 04-10-2004, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by MACFAN
I would suggest anyone going to Jones Beach not to consider stayingovernight by the Freeport LIRR station, it's not the worst area, then again it's not all that great.
Okay... I'm going to propose something shamelessly cheesy, but I think it's a win-win situation. I live in downtown Manhattan and will be driving out to Jones Beach in my car. If someone can get me a ticket through the fan club pre-sale (which I would most certainly pay for) I will drive you and and your party to the show and back to the city. It costs you nothing extra and it costs me nothing extra, and you save on the fairly significant cost of renting a car or taking LIRR. Oh... I am also planning on seeing them at the PNC Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ, so I can do the same arrangement there too.

If you do plan on renting a car, your best bet is to fly into Newark and rent a car there. It is literally half the price of what you would pay to rent a car on the NY side of the river. An "economy" car is literally $70/day at JFK.

Ed

hejiranyc@yahoo.com

Last edited by HejiraNYC; 04-10-2004 at 01:44 PM..
Old 05-03-2004, 07:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

I noticed that this show appeared on ticketmaster.com this week, then disappeared, but when it was there it said tickets went onsale Saturday Morning at 9Am.

I think tickets were up to $137.

Does anybody who's been there before know how "bad" the upper level of Jones Beach is? I'm flying in from Canada for this but the trip is becoming pretty expensive, but being the first row that level could be fun... or it could be horrible too I guess. Any thoughts experienced New Yorkers?
Old 05-03-2004, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Jones Beach

(Which means tix to the general public go on sale this Saturday)

Presale tickets for the following show will be available through www.fleetwoodmac.com on Tuesday, May 4th at 9amPT/11amCT/12pmET. We apologize for such short notice.

* 06/06/04 - Wantagh, NY - Jones Beach Theatre

Note: Presales can change without advance notice.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_spoken_word
Does anybody who's been there before know how "bad" the upper level of Jones Beach is? I'm flying in from Canada for this but the trip is becoming pretty expensive, but being the first row that level could be fun... or it could be horrible too I guess. Any thoughts experienced New Yorkers?
The upper level isn't that bad. You have a really great view of the entire stage plus the water surrounding it. However, it is not close by any means and it is pretty high.

Michelle

~long live the queen... under the skin~