The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2018, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What singles would you have released if you had been in charge..

What singles would you have released if you had been in charge..if you could go back in time and be allowed to pick four singles from each album. What would they be and in what order?

For Me:
Bella Donna:
1. Edge of 17
2. Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
3. Bella Donna
4. Leather & Lace
(if a 5th single "After the Glitter Fades")

Wild Heart:
1. Stand Back
2. If Anyone Falls
3. Wild Heart (edit)
4. Enchanted

Rock A Little:

1. I Can't Wait
2. Talk To Me
3. Imperial Hotel
4. Nightmare (Remix)
(if a 5th single "If I Were You (Remix)")

OSOTM:

1. Rooms on Fire
2. Long Way To Go
3. Ooh My Love
4. Alice (Remix Edit)

Street Angel:
1. Maybe Love Would Change Your Mind
2. Greta
3. Love is Like a River (Remix)
4. Listen to the Rain (Remix)

TISL:
1. Planets of the Universe
2. Trouble in Shangri-La
3. I Miss You
4. Love Is

IYD:
1. Moonlight (Edit)
2. Annabelle Lee (Edit)
3. For What It's Worth
4. Secret Love

24KG:
1. Lady (Edit)
2. If You Were My Love
3. She Still Loves Him (Edit)
4. Starshine

Last edited by ahafan02; 09-15-2018 at 06:55 AM..
Old 09-13-2018, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Interesting thread. I think they nailed it on Bella Donna but really screwed up on Wild Heart. Everything else was ok.

Bella Donna - I agree with the order and selections of the singles even After The Glitter Fades. in 1981 country music was big on the pop charts and it fit right in.

The Wild Heart
Stand Back
If Anyone Falls
Enchanted
Nothing Ever changes
(note: Nightbird killed The Wild Heart)

Rock A Little
I Cant Wait - c'mon the album is RAL - lets rock a little
Talk To Me - but a different version
(I don't like this album so I cant go further)

Other Side of the Mirror
Rooms on Fire
Long Way To Go
Oooh My Love

Street Angel
Blue Denim
Maybe Love
Listen to the Rain
Old 09-14-2018, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If I Were You & Ooh My Love should have been released. Not saying they would of been huge but they were singles.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If I Were You should have been the third single from RAL..it could have been a hit in `1986 no question..instead HAEWAFU was the first of her solo single to fail to hit the top 40.

Old 09-14-2018, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
If I Were You should have been the third single from RAL..it could have been a hit in `1986 no question..instead HAEWAFU was the first of her solo single to fail to hit the top 40.
I agree with you. If I Were You was radio friendly. HAWFY was too slow.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I agree with you. If I Were You was radio friendly. HAWFY was too slow.
If I Were You is a very good song and could have worked as a single...albeit maybe slightly remixed.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

HAWFY is a beautiful song but definitely not a radio single. Its for more hardcore Stevie fans. It was my gut belief in 1986 and 1983 that the 3rd single from both Wild Heart and RAL was purposely selected to kill the album. Almost as if, the tour is over or about to be over, we don't want to make anymore videos, the album already peaked, lets just release something and call it a day
Both Nightbird and HAWFY are deeply personal to Stevie. Its almost as if they were released for artistic reasons other than sustaining the life of the album. Most important is that it was almost impossible to have a hit song in the 1980s without a video on MTV. Clearly Stevie and her crew must have known the songs are not worth promoting.
What happened in 1989? Rooms on Fire was a hit and a HUGE video on MTV. The second single tanked...no video. Then the third single had a video. Not smart for a record company. Its clear Stevie was so out of it that she probably did not want to make a video or they could not wake her up long enough to make a video

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-15-2018 at 10:42 AM..
Old 09-15-2018, 02:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
HAWFY is a beautiful song but definitely not a radio single. Its for more hardcore Stevie fans. It was my gut belief in 1986 and 1983 that the 3rd single from both Wild Heart and RAL was purposely selected to kill the album. Almost as if, the tour is over or about to be over, we don't want to make anymore videos, the album already peaked, lets just release something and call it a day
Both Nightbird and HAWFY are deeply personal to Stevie. Its almost as if they were released for artistic reasons other than sustaining the life of the album. Most important is that it was almost impossible to have a hit song in the 1980s without a video on MTV. Clearly Stevie and her crew must have known the songs are not worth promoting.
What happened in 1989? Rooms on Fire was a hit and a HUGE video on MTV. The second single tanked...no video. Then the third single had a video. Not smart for a record company. Its clear Stevie was so out of it that she probably did not want to make a video or they could not wake her up long enough to make a video
I totally agree with this.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Nightbird worked as a single. The other did not.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I know a lot of folks won’t agree with this but I believe they should have released Wide Sargasso Sea as a single. It may have needed to be cut down a bit but the end is truly rockin. I think it would’ve been successful on radio.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
I know a lot of folks won’t agree with this but I believe they should have released Wide Sargasso Sea as a single. It may have needed to be cut down a bit but the end is truly rockin. I think it would’ve been successful on radio.
Agreed. It's my favorite off of the album.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Agreed. It's my favorite off of the album.
I wish we could see the video for Wide Sargasso Sea, or at least it looked like they created one from what we saw of In Your Dreams promos/documentary. It’s not my favorite song but she looked amazing with those special effects/Fire, etc.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
I wish we could see the video for Wide Sargasso Sea, or at least it looked like they created one from what we saw of In Your Dreams promos/documentary. It’s not my favorite song but she looked amazing with those special effects/Fire, etc.
Not my favorite either but the miniature video was cool, and that ending is pretty good too. 👍