Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Me likes...
A 44 83.02%
B 9 16.98%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from an article in which man writes about sharing his old albums with his daughter at Christmas time.

Alex Miller, Summit Daily
http://www.summitdaily.com/article/2...ntProfile=1055

The trip included quite a few howlers, ranging from the kids' reaction to stuff like “Hooked on a Feeling” by Blue Swede or “You Sexy Thing” by Hot Chocolate to my daughter's incredulity over a photo of Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham (“Is that his real hair?”)
Old 12-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here we go again - Lindsey's hair just has to crop up every so often!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default how did you get your hair to stand up that way?

i was looking through the blue letter archives after Michele posted the link to UTS-era interview... and this is what i found in a 1985 interview (GI era):

"Most importantly in this visual age, I wanted to know how Lindsey perceived his image. "Not any one particular thing, other than slightly eccentric, and maybe, slightly left field." All right, so how did you get your hair to stand up that way?

"Just hairspray. It's 'Eraserhead," whatever. I mean, you wouldn't want me to just have a regular Beverly Hills hairstyle --- that would be BORING. People probably go, 'Oh, he's a nice-looking guy --- why does he have his hair go like that?' What the hell. But at least they notice it."

With that literal shock of wavy-haired topography upside his head, and the wide-open, steely-grey, smoldering eyes, I doubt very much that the heads wouldn't turn as Lindsey walked by. Even if the man-in-the-street didn't recognize Mr. Buckingham, they'd most likely shake their heads and go, "Whew! Crazy man, crazy!"<"

http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.ph...x_v2&id=70&c=9

Old 02-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
All right, so how did you get your hair to stand up that way?

"Just hairspray. It's 'Eraserhead," whatever. I mean, you wouldn't want me to just have a regular Beverly Hills hairstyle --- that would be BORING. People probably go, 'Oh, he's a nice-looking guy --- why does he have his hair go like that?' What the hell. But at least they notice it."
This reminds me - I looked up that movie on Wikipedia because of Lindsey. It's bizarre! Has anyone seen it?
Old 12-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just got Mojo today and Lindsey was talking about hearing Rumours on the radio, driving down the street in his $2000 BMW. He says his then-plentiful hair was "blowing in the breeze". Well, the problem today is not that the hair isn't plentiful. It is. In some places.

Michele
Old 12-19-2012, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was just talking about this with my mom yesterday. We were watching the Voice and Peter Frampton was on. I had not seen him recently (at all)...and was kind of shocked. So, I pulled out my kindle and found a picture on of him, in younger years, and showed my mom. That, of course, led to a discussion of LB. He DOES have quite a bit of hair but needs more in the front plug dept. He has done some, but needs to extend that forehead some more. Of course, I would have him go straight back to Wolfman Lindsey days but...I'd settle for the Dance era LB. (hell, I'd settle for anything but...a girl can dream).
Old 12-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Lindsey has still got a lot of hair on the top of his head (not the forehead bit obviously) - but there are men with far less hair who style it to make their baldness far less noticeable.

John McEnroe for example, kind of brushes what he has forward even though he's been thinning since the 80s.

In all honesty I'm surprised he hasn't at least had a consultation about how he could style it. I'm not even convinced he's had any plugs done, I think he just shaved the thinning bits and then let them grown back.

BTW Apologies, I realise this was discussed in depth ages ago!
Old 12-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He should go to whoever Joel McHale went to.

But really, I'm fine with Lindsey as-is.. if he would keep his hair cut short, thelack of hair (in certain areas) wouldn't be really all that much of a distraction. It's only when it gets long that it stands out a lot.

Last edited by WildHearted; 12-24-2012 at 06:54 PM..
Old 12-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG! I never realized that about Joel McHale! Gosh, they really do good work these days... Hm, usually I'm all about keeping it natural, if you're losing your hair so what LB, you're 63, you've had a good run. But if this is a possibility...Either way, still love him
Old 12-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
Lindsey has still got a lot of hair on the top of his head (not the forehead bit obviously) - but there are men with far less hair who style it to make their baldness far less noticeable.
Lindsey has a pretty decent bald spot in the back too, but its usually hidden nicely. I think he really accentuates the brushing up in the front though. It's probably a bit calmer when he's at home or "off" for a few months.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post

But really, I'm fine with Lindsey as-is.. if he would keep his hair cut short, thelack of hair (in certain areas) wouldn't be really all that much of a distraction. It's only when it gets long that it stands out a lot.
I'm so pleased to see the two men of my life now united in one same thread. (but i wasn't aware of Joel's problem...)
Old 12-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post

nice work there.

i do think LB has been doing something over the last year. his hair looked much better (and bald spot is much smaller) in 2012 than during 2011 SWS tour. i'm pretty happy with how it looks now. as for brushing it backwards, that's so Lindsey to me now, and i love it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
nice work there.

i do think LB has been doing something over the last year. his hair looked much better (and bald spot is much smaller) in 2012 than during 2011 SWS tour. i'm pretty happy with how it looks now. as for brushing it backwards, that's so Lindsey to me now, and i love it.
He looks beautiful right now and I love how he has his hair!

But he'll always look gorgeous to me even when he is 90, no hair, and a real gummer!
Old 02-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Lindsey ever tries to get Beiber style hair, Stevie, Mick, John and Kristen need to slap the sh*t outta him. :laughs:
Old 02-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
If Lindsey ever tries to get Beiber style hair, Stevie, Mick, John and Kristen need to slap the sh*t outta him. :laughs:
Stevie would probably like it. We know how she mourns the loss of his 'fro.