Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Rupert Hine??!!! YUCK!!!
Double yuck! Not sure if it's true or not. Just something more to discuss.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
I hope not much - I may throw up all over my keyboard!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just pointing out the fact that the term abortion is used in the medical field for miscarriage, that the Vox article was written in Europe and they may have been accustomed to using the proper terminology, and that it is highly possible that Stevie could not carry to term (for a variety of reasons - her drug use being the most obvious to us). She talked about really wanting kids and in several articles around that time she was considering adoption. It's certainly plausible that she wanted kids and couldn't have them. I don't think that's something she would have necessarily shared with the public - especially if it was the most painful, personal thing in her life. Or even her decisions to abort which she later regretted or regretted the circumstances. It seems she was definitely going through a lot of reflecting and maybe wishing some things were different for her at that time.
I agree with you that meanings could have been lost in the translation. The way this interview reads, I think they were.

I also think that Stevie wanted children badly, most especially when she started approaching the age when she was too old to have them. She did talk about adopting and even gave us a potential name for the kid.

But I don't know if she ever wanted to be pregnant and to go through the physical changes that would mean. And she seems like the type who would love to publicly tell anyone if she was physically unable to have children. While many women wouldn't talk about it, I think that's a pain Stevie would be glad to share, as opposed to always saying her career never allowed her to do it. I think she would like the tragic heroine aspect the revelation would give her. Kind of like those gothic comments she made about her and Rupert never being able to be together, for reasons having nothing to do with love.

Michele
Old 09-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Rupert Hine??!!! YUCK!!!
Quote:
Quote:
I hope not much - I may throw up all over my keyboard!
As in the words of Lily Von Schtupp, "It's tuhwoo, it's tuhwoo!"

Old 09-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Rupert Hine??!!! YUCK!!!
I'd heard it was a black drug dealer named Big Curtis in '85................................................................................................. .....................not really, just wanted to get a reaction.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Fleetwood View Post
I'd heard it was a black drug dealer named Big Curtis in '85................................................................................................. .....................not really, just wanted to get a reaction.

Must see picture...
Old 09-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
No, Stevie doesn't poop. You are confusing her with someone else. As I told my Bible Study Teacher two weeks ago, "Stevie is one step down from God."
Ummmm wrongo.
STEVIE IS GOD!
Old 09-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
Ummmm wrongo.
STEVIE IS GOD!
AMEN!!!!

~Well You Cannot Know A Dream~
~Until You've Known The Nightmare~
Old 09-14-2010, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
I think I'm missing your point, too. You're spouting what you seem to think are misconceptions, but like Michele pointed out, not all of them are. That Stevie had abortions isn't a misconception, anyway.

I was listing other issues that have also almost completely destroyed this and other boards in past years, resulting in the ending of friendships,
bitter arguments, and vicious "taking sides" which got so bad that eventually a moderator had to step in and lock the thread and ban several people permanently.
I really do feel that was possible here; it's only a random occurrence that certain members just simply didn't happen to see this thread.

Trust me, I've seen this issue get VICIOUS between Fleetwood Mac fans.
(And, see above for the discussion of that.)
I was simply trying to remind people to try to keep it fun, keep their sense of humor,
and not get angry with each other. So far that seems to be the case.
I'm glad that's the way the cards happen to have fallen - this particular time around.
Basically I was rolling my eyes and saying, "OH no NOT AGAIN!"
I'm not saying I don't think it should be discussed - just that it seems like the 8 or 9 or 10 times I've seen it come up in the past, it's led to vicious arguments about 50% of the time. Hence the little bit of "eye-rolling" and a little feeling of "oh great, here we go AGAIN"

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 09-14-2010 at 12:09 AM..
Old 09-14-2010, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, even Waddy says she stole the guitar riff for EO17, so that's not a myth.

Michele
Maybe I'm out of the loop, but from whom did she steal it from?
Old 09-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
The posting of this article back in 1997 wreaked havoc that has come to be known to us long-time Ledgies as "The Great Ledge War of 1997".

When I saw the title of this thread, I knew exactly what was posted and it STILL sends shudders down my spine recalling those "dark, dark days". Not what the article says, but the possible reactions of relatively sane Ledgies and the faction of Stevie Nicks fans, both affectionately and simultaneously derrogatorily termed as "Chiffonheads". The volatileness of the disagreements, arguments & downright FIGHTS.

Doubt if there are still a handful of us still here who remember those days, but the memories are bad, people, VERY, VERY BAD!!
It was quite ugly. I recall calling Don Henley a humongous ass. But that was another article discussion, same topic.

Too bad Stevie just didn't get some nannies. I'm sure she still regrets the aborts to this day. I'm put in mind of the story of Patricia O'neal who died recently. She aborted a child with Gary Cooper and said she cried about it every night for 20 years. I can't imagine that Stevie does not have her dark moments even today.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:38 AM
Registered

Default I apologize

Wow.. I sincerely apologize if I offended anyone or riled anything up. That was most certainly not my intention! That news was "new" to me. I mean actually seeing the quotations and the article that is.
Please don't take offense. I think this is good healthy and open dialouge and as a new member I am not wanting to make waves. Let me just say that I respect Stevie for addressing this issue. Not trying to dissuade peoples own personal views on the subject matter. For me though, I think it took a lot of chutzpah to tackle this. Ms. Nicks has always shown tremendous coursage no matter in spite of any pyscho incoherent babble (drugs) on her part. I do think this a healthy topic to explore. If we all take our personal view out of the equation, we could discuss the reasons why she had to come to terms with what and why she did what she did. I think some of the reasons are apparent but in the end, I think she was dealt many unlucky hands in her life. She has always (imho) been taken advantage of by all of the guys who have come in and out of her life (bedroom)... I feel nothing but gratitude towards her and respect the person first ALWAYS and the tragedies LATER. Thank you fellow board members for allowing me to join. So far I have talked to some great people and hope it continues
Old 09-14-2010, 12:44 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Yeah, this article is rather infamous in the Stevie community. The people who have drank too much of the Stevie Kool Aid think she wasn't talking about abortions, but rather her songs . Like skuncles said, Stevie alluded to it absolutely being about her abortions in other interviews. It's my humble opinion that she really did have that many terminated pregnancies. She had a fame bloated ego, she was doing obscene amounts of hardcore drugs and drinking for many years, and had scads of well-documented trysts. Who knows how many "affairs" there were that we didn't know about. Who knows... there could have been more than 4 abortions, we know how Stevie likes to revise history in her favor when she's interviewed.

Not sure if you know this, but Don Henley claimed in his book he was the father of one of Stevie's aborted children, that she named the baby Sara, and wrote the song of the same name about the situation. I actually think he's wrong about the story of Sara, but that's just my opinion. I do believe he did actually impregnate Stevie though, and she terminated the pregnancy.

I know for me personally, when I learned of this article and it's contents, it was a bit hard for me to digest. I had to remind myself repeatedly that I am a fan of Stevie's music, and her personal life is just that: her personal life. She's not my role model, she's not a spokesperson on morality, she's just a woman who sings and writes songs that allow me to escape from my crappy life for a few minutes.

Love the quote at the End Louie! With the exception of the crappy life. But my sentiment precisely
Old 09-14-2010, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I knew of someone who was a rabid Fleetwood Mac fan years ago. Now I am going to take this with a grain of salt but this is what he told me.
The guys were: Lindsey, Don Henley, Mick Fleetwood and Rupert Hine. Yeah not sure how he knew this or if any of it was true but I thought I would throw it out there.
Hmm, sounds a bit too convenient - four different men, all of whom are well-known as Stevie's boyfriends in the fandom. Lindsey and Don Henley are pretty much confirmed, but the rest... could be, I guess, but like you said I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Seriously, though, this is an intense topic. I've always felt kind of weird talking about it but hey, Stevie put it out there. One might blame Henley for the initial reveal but that only gives the details of one abortion. Stevie volunteered this info herself.

And while I'd like to think at least one was a miscarriage just because it makes me cringe to think of Stevie essentially using abortion as birth control, we know in the case of Henley it was definitely a choice. If Stevie didn't have a problem terminating one pregnancy for the sake of convenience, I don't see why she'd have a problem doing it twice... or more.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
I was listing other issues that have also almost completely destroyed this and other boards in past years, resulting in the ending of friendships,
bitter arguments, and vicious "taking sides" which got so bad that eventually a moderator had to step in and lock the thread and ban several people permanently.
I really do feel that was possible here; it's only a random occurrence that certain members just simply didn't happen to see this thread.

Trust me, I've seen this issue get VICIOUS between Fleetwood Mac fans.
(And, see above for the discussion of that.)
I was simply trying to remind people to try to keep it fun, keep their sense of humor,
and not get angry with each other. So far that seems to be the case.
I'm glad that's the way the cards happen to have fallen - this particular time around.
Basically I was rolling my eyes and saying, "OH no NOT AGAIN!"
I'm not saying I don't think it should be discussed - just that it seems like the 8 or 9 or 10 times I've seen it come up in the past, it's led to vicious arguments about 50% of the time. Hence the little bit of "eye-rolling" and a little feeling of "oh great, here we go AGAIN"
and posting about it on your facebook is the perfect way to make sure this topic stays as low-profile as possible

Last edited by carrie721; 09-14-2010 at 03:09 AM..