Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-09-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Smith View Post
If those tapes still exist, then they would make for excellent bonus material for a Deluxe reissue of the 1975 self-titled Fleetwood Mac album.
They exist and are circulating, so I'd prefer something unheard actually. Like a soundboard from the 1976 leg of the tour, at the time the band had gotten much better and there were the best Rhiannon ever. Not to mention that we only have two audience recrdings from then.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
They exist and are circulating, so I'd prefer something unheard actually. Like a soundboard from the 1976 leg of the tour, at the time the band had gotten much better and there were the best Rhiannon ever. Not to mention that we only have two audience recrdings from then.
I would LOVE to have the COMPLETE 1976 outdoor daytime show at Santa Barbara. This is where the performances of "World Turning" and "I'm So Afraid" come from on the Rosebud Documentary. The whole show was filmed. There is a snippet of "Rhiannon" from this show on Fleetwood Mac's "VH1 Behind The Music" and a clip of "Over My Head" from Disney's "Going Home" Documentary.

I asked Ken about this on Facebook a couple of years ago and if he thought it would see the light of day. He said that Michael Collins, who directed and edited the Rosebud Documentary, still has possession of the entire show and thinks he might have plans to do something with it in the near future. Maybe the powers that be at Warners could buy the footage off him?
Old 10-09-2016, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Deluxe editon of the 'White Album'? Yes,
please! I honestly think FM's early catalogue should be revisited, especially 'Then Play On'.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
I would LOVE to have the COMPLETE 1976 outdoor daytime show at Santa Barbara. This is where the performances of "World Turning" and "I'm So Afraid" come from on the Rosebud Documentary. The whole show was filmed. There is a snippet of "Rhiannon" from this show on Fleetwood Mac's "VH1 Behind The Music" and a clip of "Over My Head" from Disney's "Going Home" Documentary.

I asked Ken about this on Facebook a couple of years ago and if he thought it would see the light of day. He said that Michael Collins, who directed and edited the Rosebud Documentary, still has possession of the entire show and thinks he might have plans to do something with it in the near future. Maybe the powers that be at Warners could buy the footage off him?
Exactly! I think I've repeated this innumerable times since I got on this board, but I didn't know about this info by Ken, thank you! Let's wait and hope.
I used to know Landslide from that show and it was awesome, my favourite and objectively the best landslide ever, but I lost it because of a PC crash.
It wouldn't be bad to have a DVD from the Midnight Special too.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 10-10-2016 at 04:57 AM..
Old 10-10-2016, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think we have already have pretty much everything that the white album had to offer beyond the original lp release.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'd LOVE albums of outtakes and remasters for MYSTERY TO ME, PENGUIN, HEROES, BARE TREES, and FUTURE GAMES. I wonder if there are alternate vocals for any of the tracks I've come to love. And, in a few instances, possibly buried tracks.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I think we have already have pretty much everything that the white album had to offer beyond the original lp release.
I had thought the same thing after we got the 2004 Remastered and Expanded Editions of the first three "Rumours line up" albums. ESPECIALLY all the stuff that we got on Rumours and Tusk.

But then of course the 2013 and 2015 SUPER DELUXE editions of both of those albums proved that there was A LOT more that had been held back, which is why I'm wondering if they held back stuff from the White Album as well?
Old 10-11-2016, 03:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

I really want a super deluxe of it. I'd be happy with a 5.1 surround mix.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:54 PM

Re Re Re Master of all tracks..

Live show opening with Get Like You Used to Be

All outakes and B/N tracks not used.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:00 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
I really want a super deluxe of it. I'd be happy with a 5.1 surround mix.
I think they could still pull off a nice 2 disc set at minimum (album remastered disc, plus 5.1 disc) and a remastered LP.

Throw in a live concert from the era or a DVD from 75-76 and they're all set.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Super Deluxe with Buckingham Nicks

If they "think outside the box" (excuse the pun), they could include the B/N album re-mastered as a CD, since Stevie and Lindsey will likely never release it as a duo.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:12 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

^As cool as that would be I'd never see it happening just in terms of dividing royalties on it.

I'd much rather just have a 2 disc Buckingham Nicks deluxe reissue to include a remastered LP and CD... backed up by a Stevie and Lindsey acoustic tour.