Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:47 PM

there's always drag queen night at the lounge! lol

Old 09-27-2016, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu28 View Post
YAASSSS!!!!! Thank you!!!

Seriously though, it's ok for the Stevie haters to say anything and everything about her, call her names and make fun of her voice, but let her fans jump in and we are either young and dumb (NO, I'm 47 and have loved her since Bella Donna) or just being mean about the other four. Boo Hoo!! I can admit that Stevie has a huge ego, but your boy Lindsey......his is just as big or bigger. He thinks he's smarter, more talented and that he has the perfect little life with his perfect little wife and their horses, kids and dogs and he can do a perfect job making a perfect record as long as everyone else bends to his will and lets him make it HIS way. Puleeezze!! No wonder she doesn't want to record with them! Listen, it's like Trump and Clinton! We are not going to agree, EVER! If you don't want Stevie's fans defending her, then QUIT bashing her.
The problem with this is that you're making this Stevie vs. Lindsey, which falls on deaf ears for those of us who are fans of the band (i.e. Christine, Mick, and John). I don't care how mean Lindsey was during the recording of SYW, or any other album for that matter, I don't care whether or not Stevie participates, I don't especially care if Lindsey participates . . . I don't care how it happens, just so long as I get more music from the Fleetwood-McVie-McVie rhythm section.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-27-2016, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This thread makes no sense. On several levels.

First off, Christine's there, so it can't be just a Lindsey solo album. The EP (with Stevie nominally present) is actually a Lindsey solo project plus Mick and John.

Second, Even if Lindsey were the only front person left in the band, what are the remaining members supposed to do--wait and beg a stubborn, narcissistic, unwilling, unhappy artist who refuses to record with them?

Fail.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

First off, Christine's there, so it can't be just a Lindsey solo album. The EP (with Stevie nominally present) is actually a Lindsey solo project plus Mick and John.

Second, Even if Lindsey were the only front person left in the band, what are the remaining members supposed to do--wait and beg a stubborn, narcissistic, unwilling, unhappy artist who refuses to record with them?

Fail.
It's all they have done for 13 years...Why stop now...
Old 09-27-2016, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What a really stoopid thread.

HomerMcVie, where are you right now? I take back anything I may have said to you in the past.

btw, I like the idea of them playing some of Chris' pre-75 material. Maybe even a PG song or two- it is 50 years since he founded the band after all.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
It's all they have done for 13 years...Why stop now...
Because Christine is back, duh!
Old 09-27-2016, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Because Christine is back, duh!
And she's armed with songs. Bless her heart!
Old 09-27-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
And she's armed with songs. Bless her heart!
as she writes songs.. chiffon is melting!!! melting!!!
Old 09-27-2016, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
as she writes songs.. chiffon is melting!!! melting!!!
The "Red Sun" is doing that
Old 09-27-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
The "Red Sun" is doing that
and now the room and the stairs are on fire
Old 09-27-2016, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Fail.
What doesn't make sense? A FM album without Stevie will sell the same as a Lindsey solo album.

Lindsey will replace Stevie songs with longer solos.

Christine will remain in the left hand corner behind her keyboards.

Also, interviews and tv appearances will be sparse, if not non-existent.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A Fleetwood Mac album without Stevie would not be a Lindsey solo album in any sense. It would have an even mix of Lindsey and Christine songs, except for the fact that some of their songs are co-written, making this much more of a BAND album than Fleetwood Mac has put out in a very long time. It would be much more of a cooperative venture than 'Say You Will' was, which to me still feels like a Stevie solo record and a Lindsey solo record on shuffle.

Lindsey's a more flamboyant live performer than Christine, but that doesn't mean he'd dominate a live show. The show will most likely feature a fairly even split between his songs and her songs (with a few other FM songs thrown in, hopefully). It might even feature more of her songs than his, since she's had so many hits. Chances are she'd get up and play the accordion, guitar, maracas, or other instruments on a few songs, and I doubt she'd be buried behind her keyboard the whole show. If they don't use any backing musicians (which I hope they wouldn't), automatically she'd have a bigger musical role to play.

Yes, Lindsey has a big ego, but he has a big talent. From the recent quotes, it's clear that he recognizes and appreciates that Christine has a big talent, too. I have a feeling he would love performing with her, Mick, and John. I know I would love seeing that.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
What doesn't make sense? A FM album without Stevie will sell the same as a Lindsey solo album.
With Christine back, not likely. There's a built in curiosity factor that you're grotesquely underestimating.

Quote:
Stevie only had eight songs in the set. "Hold Me," "Got A Hold On Me," "Trouble," and "Go Insane" are hits they could easily add, plus whatever new songs, plus whatever pre-1975 songs they would add for the band's 50th Anniversary. Not only could they easily replace Stevie's songs in the set, they would still have too many songs to choose from. This comment alone makes you sound incredibly ignorant.

Quote:
And Lindsey would be everywhere else. It's not like Stevie does a lot for their stage show anymore. It's not like 1975-1983 as far as she goes. She mostly loiters, arms flailing, with the occasional twirl these days. Meh.

Quote:
Oh no . . . They won't get to play on Ellen. Bummer.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-27-2016, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, that's such a load of sh!t- it would sell a lot more. They have the FM name- that counts for a lot.

Quote:

No he won't. It will be an intimate show and I'm sure the music will be fitting for the occasion. He knows how to craft a show- he's not stupid. I hope there will be space for Lindsey/Chris solo songs, pre 75 CM songs and PG songs.

Quote:
I'm sure she won't. She doesn't stay behind her keyboards during full 5 shows she she wont stay there now. She wont venture away too much from her keyboards but I'm sure they'd now be more prominent front of stage. She's the co-star.

Quote:
Load of sh!t. Chris and Mick have done a few interviews recently and they are only pushing Mirage. I'm sure they'd be out all guns blazing. Why wouldnt they? Strange comment.
Old 09-27-2016, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
With Christine back, not likely. There's a built in curiosity factor that you're grotesquely underestimating.

Oh no . . . They won't get to play on Ellen. Bummer.
LOL yeah, what's a little publicity, you know, 6 million viewers. Why even bother, right? LOL.

In the real world, unfortunately, a lot of people have no clue who Christine McVie is, so that built-in curiosity factor you mention is grotesquely overestimated.