Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 02:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Yes, actually I'm like an old woman inside the body of a girl of twenty-cough.

I like generally passing the time napping, reading and sipping tea or infusions while judging others.
If you're coughing at twenty (something) wait until
you hit thirty.

That Italian way of life sounds good. But you might
want to read The Little Red Hen. Just make sure it's
the one illustrated by J.P. Miller.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know it's meant to point out ironically Trump making a point of loyalty, but I remember thinking back when there was all this news and investigations of Bill Clinton's dumb affairs with women that I really only care if someone can do their job. Short of breaking a law I really could care not at all about politicians' personal lives or the airing of these things either as positives or negatives. I don't think less of Trump for having three marriages or more of someone else for having one or none. I don't want personalities for me to like or to love or to hate... I just want someone who can do the job and says they will do it the ways I most think are best. Then again I never watch stuff like TMZ or buy People magazine etc.

Just some thoughts sparked here. If outsiders are fashionable I have never felt more like one.

Old 07-24-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
I know it's meant to point out ironically Trump making a point of loyalty, but I remember thinking back when there was all this news and investigations of Bill Clinton's dumb affairs with women that I really only care if someone can do their job. Short of breaking a law I really could care not at all about politicians' personal lives or the airing of these things either as positives or negatives. I don't think less of Trump for having three marriages or more of someone else for having one or none. I don't want personalities for me to like or to love or to hate... I just want someone who can do the job and says they will do it the ways I most think are best. Then again I never watch stuff like TMZ or buy People magazine etc.

Just some thoughts sparked here. If outsiders are fashionable I have never felt more like one.

I agree with you but on another note a politician personal life does tells something about how he does his job. Would it really be OK for a president to be an excellent president but in his private life he is an alcoholic/drug addicted/sex addicted/serial gambler etc? More than enything would a thing like this even be possible?
Even a "light" mistake like that of Clinton could have make him corruptible, and a president shouldn't be of all things corruptible.
But here I'm even not talking about mistakes, those are human, I'm talking about ways of life that condition and in turn are conditioned by one's work. We have someone that changes wife to the new model after a certain number of years and talks about loyalty and values. Inserted in his overall boasting, superficial, histrionic, susceptible, moody, exploiting, envious personality this paint someone that is ill-suited to such a power position.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 07-24-2016 at 02:23 PM..
Old 07-24-2016, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, you're right there... people can be blackmailed by personal affairs.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:51 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I agree with you but on another note a politician personal life does tells something about how he does his job.

Inserted in his overall boasting, superficial, histrionic, susceptible, moody, exploiting, envious personality this paint someone that is ill-suited to such a power position.
while he is enjoying his 3rd wife there are Americans who were just given the right to their 1st ans his lovely running mate wants to take that away # Christian Love !
Old 07-24-2016, 06:09 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
while he is enjoying his 3rd wife there are Americans who were just given the right to their 1st ans his lovely running mate wants to take that away # Christian Love !
you democrats have your own problems. so instead of picking on someone since they have been married three times (even though your nominees husband raped MANY women and was even impeached because of the lewinsky scandal).
Old 07-24-2016, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
you democrats have your own problems. so instead of picking on someone since they have been married three times (even though your nominees husband raped MANY women and was even impeached because of the lewinsky scandal).
Oh come on, don't be such an idiot.
I truly hope America will one day look back on this campaign as a shameful period.
By the way, Trump has been accused of rape on several occasions I believe.
Hillary Clinton hasn't to the best of my knowledge.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:21 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Oh come on, don't be such an idiot.
I truly hope America will one day look back on this campaign as a shameful period.
By the way, Trump has been accused of rape on several occasions I believe.
Hillary Clinton hasn't to the best of my knowledge.
i'm an idiot? seriously?

how many times does Hillary have to break the god damn law until you finally realize she's corrupt.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:39 AM

Also JFK and Schwarzenegger have been accused numerous times of rape and sexual harassment.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
i'm an idiot? seriously?

how many times does Hillary have to break the god damn law until you finally realize she's corrupt.

It's a very idiotic thing to say.
There is one allegation of rape involving Bill Clinton from the 1970's that was never followed up through the courts. Whether he is guilty or not, I have no idea. It is not something that has ever been proved one way or the other. To say he has raped 'many' women is pretty awful. It's even more awful the Republican party has been selling 'RAPE' T-shirts at the convention- gutter politics. To my knowledge the Democratic party has never brought up the fact Trump has been accused of rape 3 times (once by a previous wife and once by a 13 year old girl). Bill Clinton is not standing for election- Hillary Clinton is. In fact I'd go as far as to call it disgusting. I cant believe its even allowed. In the UK somebody would be arrested for slander. Dont get caught up with this increasingly desperate Trump bid. America will one day look back in shame- on the world stage it really looks bad.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In Bill Clinton's case we don't need to judge him on his morals.
God will be his judge concerning his sin(s).

As a nation we should consider his judgement concerning the
sexual escapades. And how he could have easily been blackmailed.

In that way he put all Americans at risk.
Closed Thread