User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
She said at least she didn't HATE Dave (as opposed to Lindsey)
yeah, audience LOVED and cheered the hating-lindsey line!

but in all fairness, it was similar in 92Y when interviewer asked Lindsey about reactions to him coming into studio and saying "here's my new song - go your own way" and Lindsey added "you bi*ch" - audience loved that one too!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Eh, not that much -- she likes that she gets a laugh out of it more than anything, I think. Like, she said - he should know better and I think he does. He probably just pushes her buttons -- just as much as she pushes his.
Yes, Lindsey was bothering her. He does try to irk her and when you've known someone that long and they bother you, you say, "oh, shut up" and you forget about it by the next day, usually.

Michele
Old 10-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Nothing that she said about Lindsey was anything new (although she did offhandedly confirm that You May Be The One was about him, which I don't think had been explicitly said before). We've all heard the coffee pot demo spiel, the duo tirade, etc., etc.

She was taking stabs at him regarding their relationship, for sure, but it was done pretty lightheartedly if you ask me. And I think she kept it up because it was getting laughs. So yeah, she was pretty brutal but in my opinion, none of it came off THAT seriously. She was making me laugh, at least.

All throughout the IYD promo, she consistently sang his praises. I do think they tend to have a very hot/cold relationship, but unless a bunch of stuff has been going on behind the scenes (and it very well may have, I certainly wouldn't know!) then I doubt she's just randomly switched into kill Lindsey mode.
That said, I did get the vibe that she was totally for real about the Bob Dylan saga and that that legitimately still bugs her.
True, maybe not new, but it was pretty non-stop and so to anyone who isn't used to deciphering her language, it sounded very mean spirirted. It did to me.

The part about You May Be the One was in fact kinda cute. And really, who else would it be about? LOL. But that was the only part, at least for me. I really think she came across very, very bitter. What he saaidabout her lyrics in the Destiny Rules doc. was just so not that big a deal. Why shouldn't he have asked and why does she still dwell on it? It's weird.

Kill Lindsey mode Sincerely, I needed that laugh...thank you
Old 10-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

but in all fairness, it was similar in 92Y when interviewer asked Lindsey about reactions to him coming into studio and saying "here's my new song - go your own way" and Lindsey added "you bi*ch" - audience loved that one too!
No, that wasn't nice either. But that didn't continue for the better part of an hour.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, but she did add some new info to their history -- small details that I really dig. Like she said she always wrote at "home" and named his parents house as one of those places. I thought that was neat. Of course, I think they lived there when they moved back during Lindsey's illness.
I picked up on that little tidbit too. Interesting stuff. I also did appreciate the clarification regarding her parent's support and their move to LA - I had never been sure if her parents had continued to provide for her/them during the BN years after she left school or not. Now, I wonder when that letter from Barabara that popped up on here recently was written, then? She says she was still 'contributing to her upkeep' at the time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
She's a funny gal. I mean, even the way she said the boys told Christine blah, blah, blah and then she was naming off who the boys were and said, "Mick, John and . . .well, it was just Mick and John, because Lindsey wasn't there yet." It made me smile. Her general fuzziness is . . . well, she is definitely Yogi Berra.

Michele
I agree! My mom watched the Conversation with me, and while she has little to no interest in Stevie Nicks or Fleetwood Mac whatsoever (it was just "bonding time"), she laughed throughout the whole thing and said she was hysterical at the end. Surprisingly, my mother also commented on how great Stevie's memory is, which I found hysterical.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She's a funny gal. I mean, even the way she said the boys told Christine blah, blah, blah and then she was naming off who the boys were and said, "Mick, John and . . .well, it was just Mick and John, because Lindsey wasn't there yet." It made me smile. Her general fuzziness is . . . well, she is definitely Yogi Berra.

Michele
I stand corrected. That part was cute too
Old 10-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, that wasn't nice either. But that didn't continue for the better part of an hour.
Oh man, the world would have probably ended if it had. December 21, 2012 would have come early. Armageddon baby.

Michele
Old 10-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh man, the world would have probably ended if it had. December 21, 2012 would have come early. Armageddon baby.

Michele
No kidding, right?!!
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Well, that's part of their war of the worlds, Elle. It's like the new songs she says get dropped out of the set when there's no audience response. They keep this thing going (not that they don't have their real moments) but they also milk it because they get a response. If it was a real war -- they wouldn't still be in a band together - not even sporadically.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
agree. that was the only jab he took (and as something he would have been thinking during rumours era, not now) and it got a huge laugh. the rest of it was all loving and gentle towards her, actually.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, that's part of their war of the worlds, Elle. It's like the new songs she says get dropped out of the set when there's no audience response. They keep this thing going (not that they don't have their real moments) but they also milk it because they get a response. If it was a real war -- they wouldn't still be in a band together - not even sporadically.
hmm, i don't know about that. plenty of dinosaur bands with inter-hating members (though usually all guys) who keep getting together sporadically as they decide they need to make some more money.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
agree. that was the only jab he took (and as something he would have been thinking during rumours era, not now) and it got a huge laugh. the rest of it was all loving and gentle towards her, actually.
Of course! Lindsey's her straight man.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
hmm, i don't know about that. plenty of dinosaur bands with inter-hating members (though usually all guys) who keep getting together sporadically as they decide they need to make some more money.
More that couldn't handle it and broke up -- or have continued without the members they hated -- or took very long breaks before they worked anything out. Mix in love relationships and I think the number decreases significantly.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He probably just pushes her buttons -- just as much as she pushes his.
After giving it some thought (and reading all the threads spurred by the Q&A), I don't think Lindsey and Stevie push each other's buttons nearly as much as Ledgies push each others'.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course! Lindsey's her straight man.
he talks lovingly about her b/c he's her straight man?