The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Do you like to drink coffee or tea??
Coffee?? 14 51.85%
Tea?? 13 48.15%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here I work at a Company with a $3,000 Espresso machine with 20 different kinds of syrup in the front, and all I drink is tea! LOL. I know, what a waste! LOL- Since the boyfriend is from England, all I drink is tea with milk - for the past 5 years.. LOL

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 04-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I chose tea though I go for several infusions.. including coca tea.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm a total tea addict. I always take it black, so never any sugar or milk for me. At home me and my flatmate have 10-15 different types of tea in out cupboard ranging from apple and cinnamon, to white tea, raspberry and rose. They're all great but nothing beats a cup of Tetley first thing in the morning to get you going.

I never really drink coffee. I had one recently because I was at my friend's and we had already had a good few cups of tea and she wanted coffee so I was too polite to refuse her offer after inflicting so much tea upon her. After that cup I think I'll probably not have another for a good few months because it just isn't my thing.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't drink either much these days but if I make anything at home it's coffee. And decaff. If I drink out I usually have a cappuccino or a latte
Old 04-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefan49 View Post
Here I work at a Company with a $3,000 Espresso machine with 20 different kinds of syrup in the front, and all I drink is tea! LOL. I know, what a waste! LOL- Since the boyfriend is from England, all I drink is tea with milk - for the past 5 years.. LOL

Do you both drink Newcastle Brown just for your breakfast??!

I drink Jasmine tea without milk and sugar. I drink a very occasional expresso but tea is the drink for me!
Old 04-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew_Matthews View Post
Do you both drink Newcastle Brown just for your breakfast??!

I drink Jasmine tea without milk and sugar. I drink a very occasional expresso but tea is the drink for me!

LOLOLOL... There went my afternoon cup of tea all over my keyboard! You are hilarious.. LOLOL.. Actually no.. he used to drink a Newcastle Ale ever so often, but hasn't in a long time.. LOL.. John is actually a tea-a-holic like me! LOL.. He's responsible for the addition of milk, as I always used to just drink it with lemon .. Here's to you - Lipton teabags! LOL.. C-H-E-E-R-S! LOLOL-

Old 04-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefan49 View Post
LOLOLOL... There went my afternoon cup of tea all over my keyboard! You are hilarious.. LOLOL.. Actually no.. he used to drink a Newcastle Ale ever so often, but hasn't in a long time.. LOL.. John is actually a tea-a-holic like me! LOL.. He's responsible for the addition of milk, as I always used to just drink it with lemon .. Here's to you - Lipton teabags! LOL.. C-H-E-E-R-S! LOLOL-
you should never have told me that you boyfriend is a Geordie.

Cool that you have milk - that is very 'English'.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuigirl View Post
ooh...that coffee sounds lovely...whats stash green tea? You put milk in it? Errr..I drink green tea usually jasmine, pretty much given up on coffee. (me just trying to be healthier, I guess) no milk, sometimes with a blob of honey.
OOOHHH tea with honey....THAT's a good drink too.
And the Germans taught me...hot tea with rum, when I was a foreign exchange student over there.

STASH is the brand name. It comes in a box and calls itsself:

STASH - Fusion
green & white tea

Here this their commercial - printed on the box:

"White tea is full of potent antioxidants and may even be more beneficial than green tea. Rare and expensive white tea from China has been blended with top quality green teas for our Fusion blend. Pale gold in color, this tea has a unique smooth flavor and a hint of sweetness. Its delicate, exquisite taste is a treat for the connoisseur."

NOW -- I ask you....how can anybody say no to that?

It says White tea, Japanese green, Chinese green, Assam green, Darjeeling green, and organic green teas.

I got tired of the *free Lipton* and *Earl Gray* tea they were serving at the office, so I picked up a box of this stuff.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
I'm a total tea addict. I always take it black, so never any sugar or milk for me. At home me and my flatmate have 10-15 different types of tea in out cupboard ranging from apple and cinnamon, to white tea, raspberry and rose. They're all great but nothing beats a cup of Tetley first thing in the morning to get you going.

I never really drink coffee. I had one recently because I was at my friend's and we had already had a good few cups of tea and she wanted coffee so I was too polite to refuse her offer after inflicting so much tea upon her. After that cup I think I'll probably not have another for a good few months because it just isn't my thing.
Tetley? Are you in The UK? You don't drink PG Tips??
Old 04-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't start drinking coffee until I was 45 and was mis-diagnosed with MS. The Dr suggested I drink ONE CUP of coffee in the morning which should help the MS symptom of vertigo.

It finally was discovered that what I WAS suffering from was Aspartame Toxicity...which mimics MS. (I was drinking nearly a 12-pack of Diet Coke a day!!!!)

I've always consumed a decent quantity of tea, as well. Mainly, green tea. But, I go through phases with that.

Now, Iced Tea, I drink that a whole lot now that I've finally weaned myself off the Diet Cokes.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
Tetley? Are you in The UK? You don't drink PG Tips??
Yup, I'm in the UK. Don't think I've ever had PG Tips before because I was brought up on Tetley. Sometimes I'll have some Nambari. I'd say my most common tea is Earl Grey since I'd have at least two cups of that a day but I only drink Tetley first thing in the morning. I'd have a whole load of herbal teas as well but they change depending on my mood and what ones I've got in stock.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew_Matthews View Post
you should never have told me that your boyfriend is a Geordie.

Cool that you have milk - that is very 'English'.
LOLOL... You are a mess Stew..

Old 04-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
I didn't start drinking coffee until I was 45 and was mis-diagnosed with MS. The Dr suggested I drink ONE CUP of coffee in the morning which should help the MS symptom of vertigo.

It finally was discovered that what I WAS suffering from was Aspartame Toxicity...which mimics MS. (I was drinking nearly a 12-pack of Diet Coke a day!!!!)

I've always consumed a decent quantity of tea, as well. Mainly, green tea. But, I go through phases with that.

Now, Iced Tea, I drink that a whole lot now that I've finally weaned myself off the Diet Cokes.
yeah, diet soda is actually worse for you than regular if you arent a diabetic....

that sucks that happened to you Chili....

Iced Tea is soo good though.
Question: Does anyone here brew their own...or do you just use the powder mix like I do?
Old 04-24-2008, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post

OM Goodness!!! nearly 12 packs a day! I bet you feel a million times better now having given up on those (and no doubt lost a bit of weight as well...those things can def make you wobble in all the wrong places!)
Old 04-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey ChiliD --

If regular Coke will eat the rust off of a nail, what does 12 Diet Cokes do?

Didn't you have a scare with MotrinIB too?