User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 02:30 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Ventura: Now with kung fu kicks

I think Lindsey may want to move to Ventura after tonight. I went to the show at the Wiltern, but the crowd was kind of pensive. This crowd was raucous, crowded the front, and had a blond drunk girl doing kung fu kicks to GYOW.

I **** thee not.

I'm still kicking myself for not doing the VIP ticket, but had a great seat and good view of both Lindsey, the band, and the aforementioned drunk girl.

Everybody (except aforementioned drunk girl) was so nice! LB fans are great! (I did feel conspicuous, representin' the "under 30, not there with parents" contingent...of which there are five.) And, LB fans are dorks, which I love - they are just adorkable. I staunchly believe that there are a great number of LB/FM fans who cannot dance - this also includes the members of FM. I say again, adorkable (and applicable to me. I do a mean robot and that's it.)

I must say, I <3 Wilfredo! First off, excellent name (I have two Wilfreds in my family) and his solo on World Turning was excellent - he looked thrilled to be there and to be doing anything on that stage.

And then...there was the drunk girl. The doors opened at 7, Lindsey went on about a quarter til nine. I got inside at 7:02ish. While all of us waited, drunk girl decided to urge everybody to hurry up with a succession of sharp whistles. Continuously. Before the sound guy ever went to his booth. At one point, I think there was a situation where somebody was going to get served, but see the above about LB/FM fans and dancing.

I was fortunate to have drunk girl in front of me all night (moving from behind me to in front and below, spending most of the concert in front of a trash can until moving it by the sound area). For some reason, Lindsey's recitation of "Sardonic World" prompted her to shout, "WAR!" quite a few times. Her self imposed harmonies with Lindsey are...undescribable.

But it was her kung fu kicks during GYOW that made my night. I can't even describe in more detail because nothing will ever be a more powerful description than, "Drunk girl did kung fu kicks during "Go Your Own Way" at a Lindsey Buckingham concert."
Old 06-14-2007, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkFoodGenius View Post
For some reason, Lindsey's recitation of "Sardonic World" prompted her to shout, "WAR!" quite a few times. Her self imposed harmonies with Lindsey are...undescribable.
It always amazes me that some people just never seem to get embarrassed. I think I'd rather die.

Quote:
But it was her kung fu kicks during GYOW that made my night. I can't even describe in more detail because nothing will ever be a more powerful description than, "Drunk girl did kung fu kicks during "Go Your Own Way" at a Lindsey Buckingham concert."
"Everybody was kung-fu fighting..."

Old 06-14-2007, 06:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Jesus that was the funny..... "WAR"
Old 06-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
and had a blond drunk girl doing kung fu kicks to GYOW.
I'm still kicking myself for not doing the VIP ticket, but had a great seat and good view of both Lindsey, the band, and the aforementioned drunk girl.
."
WOW...I wonder if it was the drunk gal on the front row at the Knoxville show who was groping his leg, and generally, ruined the vibe of the show for a lot of us.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Registered

Quote:
I think Lindsey may want to move to Ventura after tonight. I went to the show at the Wiltern, but the crowd was kind of pensive. This crowd was raucous, crowded the front, and had a blond drunk girl doing kung fu kicks to GYOW.

I **** thee not.

Everybody (except aforementioned drunk girl) was so nice! LB fans are great! (I did feel conspicuous, representin' the "under 30, not there with parents" contingent...of which there are five.) And, LB fans are dorks, which I love - they are just adorkable. I staunchly believe that there are a great number of LB/FM fans who cannot dance - this also includes the members of FM. I say again, adorkable (and applicable to me. I do a mean robot and that's it.)

I must say, I <3 Wilfredo! First off, excellent name (I have two Wilfreds in my family) and his solo on World Turning was excellent - he looked thrilled to be there and to be doing anything on that stage.

And then...there was the drunk girl. The doors opened at 7, Lindsey went on about a quarter til nine. I got inside at 7:02ish. While all of us waited, drunk girl decided to urge everybody to hurry up with a succession of sharp whistles. Continuously. Before the sound guy ever went to his booth. At one point, I think there was a situation where somebody was going to get served, but see the above about LB/FM fans and dancing.

I was fortunate to have drunk girl in front of me all night (moving from behind me to in front and below, spending most of the concert in front of a trash can until moving it by the sound area). For some reason, Lindsey's recitation of "Sardonic World" prompted her to shout, "WAR!" quite a few times. Her self imposed harmonies with Lindsey are...undescribable.

I am laughing at your sense of humor and your word choice....classic....!

"I **** thee not"
Drunk Girl and her karate kick -- and WAR!

I mean, this post put a smile on my face! Especially after reading the latest Vegas posts...some drunks don't remember what they did/didn't do...

Did you get any drinks spilled on you?
Old 06-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
WOW...I wonder if it was the drunk gal on the front row at the Knoxville show who was groping his leg, and generally, ruined the vibe of the show for a lot of us.
could be. cowgirl hat seems to make it around the nation with ease.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
could be. cowgirl hat seems to make it around the nation with ease.
I blame her fiance who seems to be AT the shows and does nothing.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

No drinks spilled on me (luckily) - she did set her drink down by my feet and there was a metal gate between us.

I thought it could be the Cowboy Hat girl, except 1) no cowboy hat 2) no fiance 3) no description of cancerous looking mole on face.

And thanks, y'all.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Junior Ledgie

It's too bad she didn't kick the craptalkers in the a-double-s..
Old 06-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Is anyone else waiting for DrunkKungFuGirl to show up?

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 06-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar View Post

That's too funny !!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 06-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl Hat View Post
It's too bad she didn't kick the craptalkers in the a-double-s..

somebody better know kung fu if they're gonna kick me in the a-double-s. i get wicked medieval. limb by limb style.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar View Post

(Y'all will protect me, right?)
Old 06-18-2007, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
I thought it could be the Cowboy Hat girl, except 1) no cowboy hat 2) no fiance 3) no description of cancerous looking mole on face.
This is just downright rude.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Junior Ledgie

Thanks Beautiful Child, my thoughts exactly and that is crossing the line with me. But I can say now that she is cancer free thanks to the oncologist's team and the radiation laser technology at MD Anderson.
Closed Thread